Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20312 Likes Search this Thread
06-26-2019, 03:59 PM - 1 Like   #16486
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
I bought these cameras a while ago but had to have them sent to my parents' address in the UK and then they were brought over to me in Spain by a friend who visited last weekend. The MX is a real beauty and just needs a new mirror bumper and light seals (easy to do) though I haven't checked the meter yet. The Z-1 is, of course, much uglier but will get me to 1/8000s fastest shutter speed, which will be very handy in the Spanish sun.

I also got an adapter to be able to use M42 lenses on my Miranda camera, although given that the focusing is off on the camera, that won't get any use until I've either dealt with the problem or bought a replacement.

Black MX with M 85mm f/2
by Jonathan MacDonald, on Flickr

Z-1 with K 55mm f/1.8
by Jonathan MacDonald, on Flickr
Found myself looking at the pix of your recently acquired Pentax MX and thinking what an absolute beauty these MX cameras are.

06-26-2019, 04:04 PM - 4 Likes   #16487
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
D FA 100mm f2.8 WR.... should be here Saturday or so....
06-26-2019, 07:36 PM - 2 Likes   #16488
Pentaxian

I got a tamron 54b, and a set of Pentax A extension tubes both for very good deals.

I'm really impressed with the 54b, in initial testing it's sharper and less PF at 5.6 than my 300mm zooms are at 11.
The extension tubes are coming from the UK so it'll take a while.
06-26-2019, 08:15 PM - 3 Likes   #16489
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Got two in one shot, cousins!

Both Soligors made by Tokina (T4 and SN 17xxx)...

First: Soligor 28/2.8 - I am quite impressed with this little fellah, especially the busy bubble bokeh it gives (and sharp stopped down):

Second: Soligor 135/2.8 - Quite sharp stopped down as anyother 135mm... but bokeh is not busy, very plesant and usable at 2.8 (bit of CA).

Now, both came in with a T4 -> SL mount (T4 mounts read SL in the back)... I am using my lone TX->M42 for trials, but will likely look to acquire at least one more T4/TX -> M42...

06-26-2019, 09:35 PM - 4 Likes   #16490
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
K-5lls and D-BG4 Battery Grip with AA tray. For the price I thought I would see what all the love for the 16Mp sensor is about. I’ll mostly use it with recently acquired screwdrive (bargain-priced) DA*16-50 and DA*50-135. I imagine I can sell that package for what I have in them sometime later.
Camera received. I understand why so many people love this camera. It is much nicer to actually use than the K-3, which was a chore.

This one is a keeper.
06-26-2019, 10:00 PM - 1 Like   #16491
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Aaron28 Quote
ok great......the miranda waist/chest level finder came in but is for a different camera other than the sensorex………….much too small....reckon there is a difference between type-1 and VF1.....I am just stoopid.....woot!
I became aware of this problem when I bought my own, luckily the camera and WLVF came from the same seller, so I reckon they got them from the same person. Use the old scans in the page linked below to identify the right type of viewfinder:

Miranda Sensorex Waist Level Viewfinder - Which one? | Photo.net Photography Forums
06-27-2019, 02:56 AM - 2 Likes   #16492
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Camera received. I understand why so many people love this camera. It is much nicer to actually use than the K-3, which was a chore.

This one is a keeper.

isn't the K-5 IIs just a sweetheart of a camera? I love both of my K-3's, but the K-5 body was just about the perfect DSLR design for my hands...

even with the grip, it never feels ponderous or large...

06-27-2019, 03:18 AM - 1 Like   #16493
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by Benz3ne Quote
Uh oh I’ve done a thing.
Pentax SMC-A 28mm 2.8 on its way to me for the princely sum of £21.50 to my door.
I’m envious.

That lens is on my list, but when I do see them the price is way too high.
06-27-2019, 03:25 AM - 2 Likes   #16494
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico

This one is a keeper.
I remember when you sent me a PM after I got my K5IIs.

It is the best APSC camera I have ever had.
06-27-2019, 03:28 AM - 2 Likes   #16495
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
I’m envious.

Apologies for turning you green! It's a shame the price is high - the seller ended up selling me a SMC-A 50/1.7 too, combined total... £36.50 posted! Can't sniff at that, can I? Hopefully they're both good working examples (as the seller described)!
06-27-2019, 08:20 AM - 2 Likes   #16496
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
I’m envious.

I got my copy relatively inexpensive from a charity site... It was a gamble and the barrel shows a lot, a lot, of wear (almost grey rather than black)... But the glass and mechanics are spotless!!! Sometimes you win the gamble, sometimes you loose.
06-27-2019, 02:59 PM   #16497
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
luckily the camera and WLVF came from the same seller,
nice! yeh not so much on my account...thanks for the link! I suppose I will hafta get the body that this WF is for now reckon that may be a 'perk'
06-27-2019, 03:25 PM - 7 Likes   #16498
Veteran Member

Heat wave on France

New old toys arrived at destination ... from Litkarino (LZOS) and Krasnogorsk (KMZ) –Russia

Jupiter 9 85mm F2 M42 mount

Zenitar 16mm F2.8 M42 mount (+ coloured filters)

All two in excellent condition (for a very affordable price).

Optics and manufacturing almost perfect

Two opposite photography tools, but the same charm.

- 16mm is astonishing as a sharpness point of view, for a wide angle (and taking into account the integrated filter), its geometry is very easy to correct in Darktable (if needed or not).

- 85mm (preset ring,12 strips) needs to be tamed like a mustang horse, but promises extraordinary singular bokehs.

Okay .., I know I am already in love, in the same vein as the Helios 44M7 58mm f2, the Takumar 50mm F4 macro preset or the Sigma 24mm Super Wide II macro. So much to discover ... but my quiver is getting more and more consistent, even if I jumped to Full Frame

Love Pentax versatility,keep on doing like that PENTAX RICOH !!
06-27-2019, 07:26 PM - 1 Like   #16499
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by the scout Quote
Jupiter 9 85mm F2 M42 mount Zenitar 16mm F2.8 M42 mount (+ coloured filters)
super!! these are great lenses! have them both although the k mount version of the 16 with no color filters (that I remember anyways) just the clear which is certainly needed

the 16 is tough to tell its a fisheye on a crop body but really shows up on full frame.....a great star trails lens.....it does reward when focused and exposed properly not very forgiving when either is off....

the 85 is awesome!

happy shooting!
06-27-2019, 08:00 PM - 2 Likes   #16500
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by the scout Quote
New old toys arrived at destination ... from Litkarino (LZOS) and Krasnogorsk (KMZ) –Russia

Jupiter 9 85mm F2 M42 mount

Zenitar 16mm F2.8 M42 mount (+ coloured filters)

All two in excellent condition (for a very affordable price).

Optics and manufacturing almost perfect

Two opposite photography tools, but the same charm.

- 16mm is astonishing as a sharpness point of view, for a wide angle (and taking into account the integrated filter), its geometry is very easy to correct in Darktable (if needed or not).

- 85mm (preset ring,12 strips) needs to be tamed like a mustang horse, but promises extraordinary singular bokehs.

Okay .., I know I am already in love, in the same vein as the Helios 44M7 58mm f2, the Takumar 50mm F4 macro preset or the Sigma 24mm Super Wide II macro. So much to discover ... but my quiver is getting more and more consistent, even if I jumped to Full Frame

Love Pentax versatility,keep on doing like that PENTAX RICOH !!
I sold my jupiter 9 and have regretted it... Keep thinking I should get one, but I already have more lenses than I can use... Well, that never stopped me from getting a lens in the past