Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-22-2019, 08:30 AM   #16951
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

I didn't pick anything up in Dublin - too busy with the convention and didn't see much of the town apart from the convention centre, Trinity College (I was staying in student accommodation), and the streets in between.

But I had a good find in a charity shop today - a Pentax ME with case and instructions, a Pentax-M 1.7/50, and a Pentax-M 2.8/28 with caps, case, and a booklet on Pentax lenses, all clean and working well. Got the lot for £45, I probably won't make a huge profit but it's supporting a good cause and I ought to at least break even.

Also received a job lot I bought last week, 25 used 52mm UV and skylight filters for £19 inc P&P. I like to include caps and filters with the lenses I sell as a value added thing, and I'm always running out of the most popular sizes.

08-22-2019, 12:45 PM - 4 Likes   #16952
Marketplace Reseller

I've been looking for something wide while I save up for the 15-30, and found a brand new (with damaged packaging) Rokinon 14mm on Amazon for half off. I'm still not sure in what way the package is damaged, the box looks fine to me
08-22-2019, 12:52 PM - 1 Like   #16953
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jbb356 Quote
I've been looking for something wide while I save up for the 15-30, and found a brand new (with damaged packaging) Rokinon 14mm on Amazon for half off. I'm still not sure in what way the package is damaged, the box looks fine to me
That lens is a good value. I like mine but since I eventually got the 15-30 that gets a lot more use now. Great to hold you over.

---------- Post added 08-22-19 at 01:58 PM ----------

My photo business has been pretty busy this summer so I've decided to get a new backpack to replace my old LowePro that always seems just a little too small.
Just ordered a MindShift BackLight 26L that I'm excited to start using.

Last edited by mattb123; 08-22-2019 at 12:59 PM.
08-22-2019, 03:11 PM - 1 Like   #16954
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jbb356 Quote
Rokinon 14mm on Amazon for half off
sweet! have the Bower badged version and love it! great at night and low & close on my dogs

Zenit EM my first Russian body (do have a few lenses and love them all).....shutter was sluggish but moving smoothly now (ronsonol is just magic for that)...... the selenium light meter is responsive but something is up with the dial to read exposure adjustments. it does not move freely enough around to set up the speed & fstop alighment....has cleaned up well...look forward to running film through it....

it came with a helios 44m....glass is clean but some schmuck did something with the aperture ring on the inside.....had a piece of copper wiring whereas a bracket or spring should be in place......blades are fine but do not move properly because of this.....might figure it out opening a working 44m I already have

Last edited by Aaron28; 08-22-2019 at 06:52 PM.
08-22-2019, 06:40 PM   #16955
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
this arrived today from KEH for my bag:

the wider view

08-23-2019, 02:19 PM   #16956
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Oooooooooh

And the customer reviews are quite positive
08-23-2019, 02:43 PM   #16957
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
this arrived today from KEH for my bag:

the wider view

where did you find the button about photography not being a crime?

08-23-2019, 02:45 PM   #16958
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
where did you find the button about photography not being a crime?
eBay - he also has a FB page, but here is the button link:

Taking Photographs is not a crime badge... (camera / photography interest) | eBay

I am not associated with him in any other way aside from following his FB page.....
08-23-2019, 02:52 PM - 1 Like   #16959
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
eBay - he also has a FB page, but here is the button link:

Taking Photographs is not a crime badge... (camera / photography interest) | eBay

I am not associated with him in any other way aside from following his FB page.....
thanks

the seller is from Great Britain

shipping is almost 3 times the price

I think I will skip it

Last edited by aslyfox; 08-23-2019 at 03:03 PM.
08-23-2019, 04:17 PM - 1 Like   #16960
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Since they changed their international shipping program eBay shipping from UK to USA price has become extremely high.
Recently I wished to purchase a new music CD at full price. Shipping cost exceeded cost of CD, effectively doubling grand total.

Chris
08-23-2019, 04:24 PM - 1 Like   #16961
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

there are similar photography buttons, but not the same one, available on US Ebay
08-23-2019, 07:00 PM - 1 Like   #16962
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

1. Tripod Adapter N for Binoculars. NOS/NIB Part #69551 (Larger)
  2. Tripod Adapter for Binoculars, NOS/NIB Part #69553 labeled “Tempe Camera Price $25.00” (Smaller)
Where has this stuff been all these years?
08-23-2019, 07:15 PM - 5 Likes   #16963
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My new toy arrived today. I like it already!

New Toy SIC August 2019 23rd
by Larry Mc, on Flickr
08-23-2019, 07:58 PM   #16964
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
Since they changed their international shipping program eBay shipping from UK to USA price has become extremely high.
Recently I wished to purchase a new music CD at full price. Shipping cost exceeded cost of CD, effectively doubling grand total.

Chris
I don't think the problem here is the international shipping program - it's that anyone in Britain sending one of those badges to the US would at a minimum have to pay for international postage for a large letter under 100g, which is £3.45, three times the cost of the badge. A CD would probably cost more since it probably weighs more than 100g

Having said that, you could probably send a couple of dozen badges for that price depending on their weight and the weight of the mailer. So if several people want them you might be able to persuade the seller to offer combined postage, buy enough for all of them, then send them at local postage rates in the US.
08-23-2019, 08:01 PM   #16965
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Marcus Rowland Quote
I don't think the problem here is the international shipping program - it's that anyone in Britain sending one of those badges to the US would at a minimum have to pay for international postage for a large letter under 100g, which is £3.45, three times the cost of the badge. A CD would probably cost more since it probably weighs more than 100g

Having said that, you could probably send a couple of dozen badges for that price depending on their weight and the weight of the mailer. So if several people want them you might be able to persuade the seller to offer combined postage, buy enough for all of them, then send them at local postage rates in the US.

exactly - I normally buy several items like this at a time, which keeps the postage reasonable for the amount of items coming across...