Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20314 Likes Search this Thread
08-25-2019, 08:51 AM   #16981
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Arjay Bee Quote
Looks great. This was my first personal decent camera purchased for me from duty free by a friend in about 1974. Brings back good memories. Left it on a park bench in Tokyo in about 1984. Oops.
I can’t imagine a japanese person finding a camera and trashing it. It was found, used for years, fixed many times, sat on a shelf and, eventually, given to a son or daughter.

PS: I believe my copy is from November ‘76, If I correctly read the code behind the pressure plate (Symbol + 6Y).

QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
Recently this model seems to be pretty popular with film photography hipsters, driving up the price of working examples.

I bought one for my daughter in an effort to interest her in film photography, when the Pentax K1000 I had CLA'ed failed to do so.
Unfortunately the Trip 35 didn't do the trick either...

Chris
Bummer Maybe a Pen-EE ?

Yeah, I noticed the price increase. I was under the impression that these sold for 30/50$ on eBay. Not anymore.

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
Olympus made some very nice, compact, good quality P&S film cameras. The Rollei 35 in its various manifestations is the only more compact FF 35mm camera I can think of, but as the magazine reviews stated when it was released, it was not a camera for tyros.
Makes me wonder why Pentax never produced P&S during the 60/70s.

08-25-2019, 10:43 AM - 1 Like   #16982
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Helios 1984 Quote
Makes me wonder why Pentax never produced P&S during the 60/70s.

Honeywell marketed a compact fixed-lens rangefinder 35 camera:

Apparently it was a rebadged Petri.

Chris
08-25-2019, 10:43 AM - 1 Like   #16983
Pentaxian

3 box cameras and 1 folder.....which cleaned up marvelously....amazing what cleaning the glass/mirrors and some saddle soap can do!! it is also quite interesting to take a hammer to a camera to reset nails which returned proper aperture bar and 'time' function having the assembly secure as it should

agfa ansco shur shot 120 film....has a neat feature involving 2 flaps for 1/2 frame shooting and a corresponding red window for keeping count...so look forward to using this magical box

brownie jr six-16....not the fancy one with adjusting switch levers but the typical bar lever....highly interested in getting an adapter to run 120 in such a large box

brownie jr six-20 with close up feature.....spring loaded and has to be held in position which I thought weird....might be missing something not sure

kodak folding (620 of course) with primitive kodet dak shutter
08-25-2019, 10:59 AM - 2 Likes   #16984
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NOS Ricoh Caplio 500SE
2007 digital industrial P&S camera

It was pretty advanced when released with integrated Bluetooth, add-on GPS, barcode scanner capability.

I bought it because it is weatherproof and ruggedized, with large simple controls.
I also like that it's old and not state-of-the-art.
It cost me $50 plus tax shipped.

Chris

08-25-2019, 12:05 PM   #16985
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
A Sony DSC-F717 bridge camera with NightShot infra-red capability. Doesn't have a charger, but the battery fits my Sony A100 charger, and it's working though I think the colours in normal modes are a little blurry. Cost me £8 and should be profitable. Could have also got a Pentax MX body with 50/1.7 for £15, but the lens focusing was stuck (wouldn't focus further away than 2 metres) so I decided not to risk it.
08-25-2019, 12:34 PM   #16986
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
Honeywell marketed a compact fixed-lens rangefinder 35 camera:

Apparently it was a rebadged Petri.

Chris
Similar to a Kodak VR35 K6 :-/
08-25-2019, 07:18 PM - 1 Like   #16987
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Aaron28 Quote
agfa ansco shur shot 120 film....has a neat feature involving 2 flaps for 1/2 frame shooting and a corresponding red window for keeping count...so look forward to using this magical box
The Zeiss Super Ikonta C (620 film) I eventually got out of my father's hands had an insertable mask for getting twice as many images per roll, in vertical ("portrait") orientation with the camera held in the normal, comfortable way. A double red window with a sliding safety cover, stop at the second window only when using the larger image image size, both when the mask was in place. The "Albada" projected frame viewfinder predictable had framing lines for both negative sizes. An elegant camera which when folded for transport was more compact than a K1 but with a negative four times as large.

08-25-2019, 08:13 PM   #16988
Pentaxian

The Zeiss Super Ikonta C (620 film) I eventually got out of my father's hands had an insertable mask for getting twice as many images per roll,
neat! kinda interested in some masks to support the film to adapt 120 film in 616 boxes and of course 35mm for some 120 boxes & tlrs.....currently have no kits for spools or the mask....recently read about having the film supported and some folks use stiff/construction paper to make masks.....

---------- Post added 08-25-19 at 10:18 PM ----------

An elegant camera which when folded for transport was more compact than a K1 but with a negative four times as large.
its amazing the normal medium of the day! and so many of those cameras are quite elegant or just beautiful machines
08-26-2019, 12:33 AM - 4 Likes   #16989
Veteran Member

This got delivered today
08-26-2019, 04:21 AM - 4 Likes   #16990
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Picked up another inexpensive Samsung GX10 which arrived today...

Lovely condition with just 1,482 shutter actuations, 18-55 and 50-200 kit lenses with front & rear caps, hoods and Hoya UV filters, original charger, one original and two third party (Hahnel) batteries, 2GB card (), unopened Panasonic 4GB card (now we're talking ), manual, cables, third party wired & wireless remote shutter control, even the original viewfinder cover... all neatly stored in a rather nice Samsonite bag which is in great condition too.

The camera and lenses are near-mint - no marks anywhere, just needs the camera grip areas lightly cleaning to get rid of white skin and sweat deposits in the grain (I had to do this with my other two GX10s, too). Mirror and sensor are immaculate. Clear, dust-free viewfinder. Both main and top LCD screens perfect. All switches and buttons operating as they should (including the SR on / off, which is a point of concern with these cameras). AF seems spot on. On-camera flash firing.

The only negative points? There's no original box, but that's fine... and, the soft backing of the Samsung strap has started to disintegrate (as they always do), so I'll replace that with something better.

The eBay seller I bought it from lives just a few miles north of me. Rather than posting it, he kindly dropped it off at my house whilst out for the day with his family - and refunded me the postage costs!! What a decent chap...

Last edited by BigMackCam; 08-26-2019 at 04:49 AM.
08-26-2019, 05:48 PM - 2 Likes   #16991
Veteran Member

Just because one can never have enough bags, I replaced my nearly 20 yr old messenger bag with the Peak Design Everyday Messenger 15" V1 today. Looking forward to getting this one in! I've been wanting to add one of their bags for a while, but haven't really had the need. I picked up a Mindshift backpack last year, and have really found it useful for most travel, but the messenger will be nice for more professional settings, and it sure beats carrying around my aged, drooping, beat-up leather messenger.

08-27-2019, 10:05 AM   #16992
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ZombieArmy Quote
Just won a 75-150 on eBay for the incredible sum of 13 dollars including shipping. I've been wanting to try this lens for the longest time.
congrats ! An amazing lens considering it's age. It does really shine on APS-C even wide open, or @f5.6. Far more than most of the lenses of this era, IMO. And yes, i'm pretty hard on old lenses.
08-27-2019, 10:11 AM - 2 Likes   #16993
Pentaxian

Looks as though I will soon be the proud (hopefully) owner of a Pentax 100mm 2.8 WR Macro lens, in apparently perfect condition for a good price. In fact, about the cheapest price I’ve seen on either the new or second hand market.
08-27-2019, 11:15 AM - 2 Likes   #16994
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Benz3ne Quote
Looks as though I will soon be the proud (hopefully) owner of a Pentax 100mm 2.8 WR Macro lens, in apparently perfect condition for a good price. In fact, about the cheapest price I’ve seen on either the new or second hand market.
You will not be disappointed. It's not only a very good macro lens but also a fast medium tele lens - and a very, very sharp one. It was such a nice lens to have in the rainforest!

08-27-2019, 11:18 AM   #16995
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
You will not be disappointed. It's not only a very good macro lens but also a fast medium tele lens - and a very, very sharp one. It was such a nice lens to have in the rainforest!

Wowzer. Exquisite photographs! :O was this in Madagascar?