Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20314 Likes Search this Thread
08-27-2019, 11:41 AM - 1 Like   #16996
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Benz3ne Quote
Wowzer. Exquisite photographs! :O was this in Madagascar?
Thank you! Yes, we were lucky enough to visit Madagascar some years ago. Well worth the effort if you ever get the chance to go. It's not that long a trip from ol' Cymru, after all

08-27-2019, 11:48 AM   #16997
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ZombieArmy Quote
Just won a 75-150 on eBay for the incredible sum of 13 dollars including shipping. I've been wanting to try this lens for the longest time.

Personally I think it's insane how cheap these go for considering the photos I see from them.
Cool!

I am looking forward to seeing your photos with this lens. I have been shooting with the similarly spec'd* Tamron 70-150/3.5 (20A) for several decades and it is my favorite lens for those focal lengths.

Steve

* The Tammy is a little more compact and lighter and focuses a little closer, but otherwise similar. I can't remember which was less money new...the Tamron was not particularly cheap.
08-27-2019, 03:32 PM - 1 Like   #16998
Pentaxian

mamiya/sekor 500 dtl…...flithy, gritty from mobile, alabama…..took some good coaxing but seems to run smooth now.....light meter does not function....cleaned up decently

came with nice hippy strap and a jc penny 135/f2.8 diamatic...very gritty, can hear the sand just churn adjusting the aperture ring or switching from auto to manual and has a severely rusted screw of the 3 on the rear....amazingly the glass cleaned up very well...had a bit of fungus behind the front element which wiped away easily.....all seems good with the lens except the mirror will hang and jam up the shutter when switched to auto (on the 500dtl) however no issue what so ever switched to manual....the pin seems no different from other auto lenses I have and closes down when pressed with finger but must be just too stiff for the 500dtl to actuate it....idk
08-28-2019, 07:07 AM - 4 Likes   #16999
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

The latest addition to our family is a Xiaomi robot vacuum cleaner. I'm sure some here will be overjoyed to hear that it has an array of sensors and absolutely no mirrors! And it really sucks

In fact, I saw someone who had tested the claim that it could pick up AA batteries - and it could. So yeah, I need to keep smaller items off the floor!

08-28-2019, 07:24 AM - 1 Like   #17000
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
The latest addition to our family is a Xiaomi robot vacuum cleaner. I'm sure some here will be overjoyed to hear that it has an array of sensors and absolutely no mirrors! And it really sucks

In fact, I saw someone who had tested the claim that it could pick up AA batteries - and it could. So yeah, I need to keep smaller items off the floor!
if you have wood floors

get the " green " option: a mobile dust mop ( dog with short legs and long floor dragging hair )
08-28-2019, 07:51 AM - 2 Likes   #17001
Pentaxian

Just won a Tamron 90mm SP Di version for around 130 dollars. Been scouring the auction sites for a macro at the right price that wasn't infested with fungus and hopefully I've found it.

I've heard a lot of good things about this lens! Can't wait to use it for scanning film and taking pictures of circuit boards. The aperture ring is cool too, lets me use it on my ME Super!
08-28-2019, 09:04 AM   #17002
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I got a Godox V1-P to compliment my AD200 Pro. Seems pretty nice so far. I'll get some real use out of it this weekend for a bike race.

08-28-2019, 09:23 AM   #17003
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Aaron28 Quote
mamiya/sekor 500 dtl…...flithy, gritty from mobile, alabama…..took some good coaxing but seems to run smooth now.....light meter does not function....cleaned up decently
The meter circuits on the 1000 and 500 DTL cameras are notorious for failing due to battery corrosion wicking up the wiring. I had my 1000 DTL fixed by Camera Solutions in Portland, OR. At that time, they had a tech who was Mamiya factory trained in Japan in the late 60s. Perhaps he is still there.

Steve
08-28-2019, 09:25 AM   #17004
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ZombieArmy Quote
Just won a Tamron 90mm SP Di version for around 130 dollars
Wow! That is a great price! I think you are going to like it.

Steve
08-28-2019, 10:13 AM - 2 Likes   #17005
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Well, due to everyone here being a bad influence and that there was a recent post talking about ebay's "make an offer" option, I happened to find a Ricoh Rikenon XR 35mm f2.8 monday night that some had just listed with a "to buy" option for $37 and a "make offer" option, so I made an offer of $25 which they accepted on tuesday morning, so now it'll be here in a few days.
08-28-2019, 02:25 PM   #17006
Veteran Member

Time to stop spending! My new toy got delivered yesterday, a K3ii, with 100mm 2.8 macro, 70-200 and a bag. Haven't had a chance to use it yet, it looks brand new!

Now I hope my Bigma I won on eBay turns up by tomorrow so I can take the new combo for a whirl on the weekend
08-28-2019, 02:29 PM   #17007
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by disconnekt Quote
Well, due to everyone here being a bad influence and that there was a recent post talking about ebay's "make an offer" option, I happened to find a Ricoh Rikenon XR 35mm f2.8 monday night that some had just listed with a "to buy" option for $37 and a "make offer" option, so I made an offer of $25 which they accepted on tuesday morning, so now it'll be here in a few days.
Good find! The XR Rikenon 35/2.8 is widely considered to be evil twin to the Pentax-M 35/2.8. The two are identical except for the beauty ring and perhaps coatings; both are excellent.

Steve
08-28-2019, 02:52 PM - 6 Likes   #17008
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I picked up an M 200mm/4 at So Perfect Images in Plymouth today, which looks in near mint condition. The place is a treasure trove of classics from the film era, with cabinets full of all sorts of stuff to drool over. It feels like walking back into the days when camera shops were proper camera shops.

08-28-2019, 03:14 PM   #17009
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Dartmoor Dave Quote
I picked up an M 200mm/4 at So Perfect Images in Plymouth today, which looks in near mint condition. The place is a treasure trove of classics from the film era, with cabinets full of all sorts of stuff to drool over. It feels like walking back into the days when camera shops were proper camera shops.
Neat looking place, Dave. Thanks for the pics. Plenty of K-mount goodness and M42 magnificence.

How did you find the prices? Reasonable for the quality of the goods?

I don't have a good feel for how the prices in GBP compare to similar items here in Canada. We have one used-camera/lens shop in Ottawa -- they're well stocked, but I always find their prices a bit steep compared to the general second-hand market. The only lens I've bought in the UK was at London Camera Exchange, The Strand. Pentax-M 100mm f/2.8 in excellent condition, which I haggled down to GPB 115 or ~CAD $160 at the time. A bit steep, but I love the lens! I'm still kicking myself for passing on a nicely-priced Takumar 85/1.9 at Mr. CAD in London (near Vic Station, I recall).

- Craig
08-28-2019, 06:10 PM   #17010
Pentaxian

K28 f/3.5 in VERY bad condition and an original Pentax M42 adapter.

Before that was this lot:
Fish-Eye Takumar 18mm f/11 fish-eye, both original caps,
Super Takumar 35mm f/2 (67mm filter thread), both original caps,
Auto-Takumar 55mm /2, only had an original rear cap,
Auto-Takumar 105mm f/2.8, both original caps and black AOC leather case,
2x Super Takumar 28mm /3.5 (58mm filter thread)
2x Super Takumar 135mm /3.5
Super Takumar 55mm f/2, both original caps
Thinking of keeping at least the fish eye (even though the reviews are not very good) and Auto Takumars.

Before that was a Beseler Topcon Super D with Auto Topcor 58mm f/1.4 and also a Topcor 300mm /5.6. Camera works as do the lenses so I'm thinking of maybe keeping it.