Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-30-2019, 06:28 AM - 4 Likes   #17026
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Dartmoor Dave Quote
I picked up an M 200mm/4 at So Perfect Images in Plymouth today, which looks in near mint condition. The place is a treasure trove of classics from the film era, with cabinets full of all sorts of stuff to drool over. It feels like walking back into the days when camera shops were proper camera shops.
Congratulations on that lens, David.

Their Pentax gear on display looks to be in nice condition, and very reasonably priced for fully serviced cameras with 30 day warranty. I could spend all day in there (and come out broke!)...

08-31-2019, 10:18 AM   #17027
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Nothing photographic so far this weekend - yesterday all I got in Portobello Road was a nice pair of stainless steel salad servers for £1, which is something I actually needed. Today's car boot score was two Apple USB keyboards, an Apple firewire charger for early iPods, and a Dymo USB label printer, for a total spend of £20. I think I'll be keeping the label printer, the keyboards are usually very profitable but aren't exactly the stuff that dreams are made of...

Later - unfortunately the label printer doesn't appear to be compatible with Windows 10 or is broken, not sure which - I'll test it on a Mac when I get a chance, find out where the fault is.

Last edited by Marcus Rowland; 09-01-2019 at 09:20 AM.
08-31-2019, 05:02 PM - 4 Likes   #17028
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Recieved the Ricoh Rikenon 35mm f2.8 today, here's a few pics of it
#1 a side view, #2 front view, & #3 it on my Kalimar K-90 with the Klaimar 50mm f1.7 next to it
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
SM-T113  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
SM-T113  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
SM-T113  Photo 
08-31-2019, 06:19 PM   #17029
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by disconnekt Quote
Ricoh Rikenon 35mm f2.8
sweet!

08-31-2019, 07:43 PM - 3 Likes   #17030
Pentaxian

Recieved the Ricoh Rikenon 35mm f2.8 today, here's a few pics of it
#1 a side view, #2 front view, & #3 it on my Kalimar K-90 with the Klaimar 50mm f1.7 next to it
That's the XR too - you're in for a treat!!! The pop in that lense is beautiful

this is my favorite shot I've gotten thus far from it:

08-31-2019, 08:54 PM   #17031
Pentaxian

Yeah from what I've been able to find online, its the early model made by Tomioka Optical Co. (Info from here: RICOH (???)?XR RIKENON 35mm / f2.8??????PK???)
08-31-2019, 09:03 PM - 1 Like   #17032
Pentaxian

Yeah from what I've been able to find online, its the early model made by Tomioka Optical Co. (Info from here: RICOH (???)?XR RIKENON 35mm / f2.8??????PK???)
From your quoted website these are the telltale signs:

Early model: Tomioka Optical Co., Ltd., all-metal, minimum shooting distance 35cm, 6 aperture blades, minimum aperture value “f16”
Late type: Nitto Optical Co., Ltd., all-metal, minimum shooting distance 30cm, 5 diaphragm blades, minimum aperture value “f22”

Mind you, I asked goggle to translate the page.

My copy of the lens checks out as an early model - f16 + .35 meters at min distance.

09-01-2019, 09:45 AM - 1 Like   #17033
Pentaxian

Two VERY good car boot sales today got me

A Canon Eos Kiss panorama, which is uncommon in the UK, with 35-80mm and case, for £22 - working well
An Eos 5000 with 38-76mm for £5 - working well
An Olympus E-420 4/3rds DSLR with 14-42mm for a tenner - untested - no charger and the screen cover is cracked, but I think the screen itself is OK. The charger is £4 from Hong Kong, and it's probably worth it for the lens alone anyway.
The seller of the Olympus also gave me a Teleplus autofocus x2 converter, in the REALLY useful (note sarcasm) Nikon Pronea format, as a freebie! Not sure why it was given to me, but I'm actually expecting a Pronea and lens this week and if the camera works this will be a very nice extra for it.
And a horrible Edixa Reflex C with severe corrosion on the body but an OK prism and weird Isco-Gotingen Edixa-Westenar 50/2.8 for £8 - the lens is weird because it has one-shot auto stopdown, it stops down via the usual rear pin method but you have to move a cocking ring to open the aperture again - there's a separate cable release socket on the lens body too. Needs a clean but it's working and shiny steel etc., should interest the collectors. I'll probably sell it separately from the body, the cost of posting the body is a deterrent to getting a good price for it.
Also a 49mm lens hood for 50p and a copy of The Sleeper and the Spindle by Neil Gaiman, a nice book I'd never heard of - basically a very weird version of the Sleeping Beauty story and Snow White with an extra princess or two and a touch of the Evil Dead, with some beautiful illustrations, for £2.

Last edited by Marcus Rowland; 09-01-2019 at 01:31 PM.
09-01-2019, 01:17 PM - 1 Like   #17034
Veteran Member

I needed a Minolta MC Lens in 50mm and managed to bag off one that was attached to an XD camera. Quite a nice buy as the lens will be very fine after a small service and the XD is almost 100% running. Lens and camera for £50 so a good deal as XDs generally go pretty high these days.
09-02-2019, 08:54 AM - 1 Like   #17035
Pentaxian

Received a small job lot of cameras, digital and APS film, which I got for £15 plus a fiver P&P

Nikon Pronea APS SLR with 30-60mm lens, a couple of films, and a Lowepro pouch - there's actually a film in it so I was able to take a couple of photos, and it's making all the right noises. The x2 converter I got yesterday works well with it, so far as I can tell.

Canon Ixus ii APS camera - the really compact one, seems to be working well. I know a dealer who is very into APS and I'm hoping I can swap this and the Pronea for something I can use.

Vivtar DVR 620HD digital camcorder - this is basically a piece of junk that runs on 2 x AA batteries, VGA resolution, uses an SD card for storage, I'll probably give it to a couple of my grand-nephews to play with.

Fujifilm S5700 Bridge camera - this is what I actually bought the lot for, I use one of these as my "carry everywhere" camera and one of my nieces asked if I could find her something like it. Actually has a 2 GB card in it and is working well, so she should be getting a nice surprise in a few days. Just add 4xAA batteries...

and an Ixus 175 that isn't working, i think the battery is dead since I've had it charging for an hour and there isn't a flicker when I put it in the camera. This had a 16GB SDHC card in it, which has gone straight into my Nikon, if I eventually get it to work I'll sell it with something a little more modest.

A nice little haul anyway! It's really unusual to get digital cameras with memory cards, and I wasn't expecting them at all, especially the 16GB

Later - Ixus 175 didn't want to work even with the battery charged, looks like it's dead. But the charger and battery seem to be OK, and I can probably get a couple of pounds for them.

In better news the label printer I got on Saturday works well on a Mac. I've looked this up on line and the work-around for Windows seems to be to use a network print server of some sort, but given that I probably won't want this type of label very often I really doubt it's worth the hassle. I can plug it into my MacBook Pro when I need it.

Last edited by Marcus Rowland; 09-02-2019 at 03:01 PM.
09-02-2019, 09:21 AM - 2 Likes   #17036
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

World's most perfect lens?

I am happy to have purchased a near mint copy of the Carl Zeiss 100mm f 2.0 macro lens with reconfigured Pentax K-mount. Some Zeiss zealots have claimed this lens to be the best lens ever produced. Of course, being a manual lens with long throw, it will not the best lens to chase down skittery bugs and darting butterflies nor the best lens to capture the images of speeding birds and planes. Neither is it the world's most perfect macro since it only covers up to 1/2 of life size, but for my photography of flowers and the occasional landscape or portrait, this new acquisition offers great hope! I am hoping to see it by the end of the week. I am going to need to plant more flowers next year!
09-02-2019, 11:31 AM   #17037
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ivanvernon Quote
I am happy to have purchased a near mint copy of the Carl Zeiss 100mm f 2.0 macro lens with reconfigured Pentax K-mount. Some Zeiss zealots have claimed this lens to be the best lens ever produced. Of course, being a manual lens with long throw, it will not the best lens to chase down skittery bugs and darting butterflies nor the best lens to capture the images of speeding birds and planes. Neither is it the world's most perfect macro since it only covers up to 1/2 of life size, but for my photography of flowers and the occasional landscape or portrait, this new acquisition offers great hope! I am hoping to see it by the end of the week. I am going to need to plant more flowers next year!

looking forward to your work with this one, Ivan...
09-02-2019, 12:08 PM - 1 Like   #17038
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Marcus Rowland Quote
it stops down via the usual rear pin method but you have to move a cocking ring to open the aperture again
This is a semi auto aperture. It's a step up from a preset. My auto-tak 35mm f2.3 has something similar.
09-02-2019, 03:05 PM   #17039
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ZombieArmy Quote
This is a semi auto aperture. It's a step up from a preset. My auto-tak 35mm f2.3 has something similar.
I wondered if there was a technical term for it - thanks for the info. I could see that the aperture selection ring worked a lot like the preset ring on a Lydith, so I guessed that there were some of the old preset lens ideas in use. Unfortunately it looks like there's fungus inside now I've cleaned the outside, but with a bit of luck it should still do reasonably well, a LOT of people collect the older German lenses. I should take some pictures tomorrow, I'll post a couple here.
09-02-2019, 04:51 PM - 1 Like   #17040
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ivanvernon Quote
While you'll thrill us with awesome sample images, please do not forget to offer us a few shots of the lens itself