Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20312 Likes Search this Thread
09-16-2019, 10:41 AM - 3 Likes   #17161
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Today we went out and picked 40 pounds (18Kg) of McIntosh Apples. I see tasty apple pies in my future.

09-16-2019, 10:46 AM - 2 Likes   #17162
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

NWOT Domke J-CHRON-VK bag

I made a halfhearted lowball offer on eBay; I was kind of surprised when seller accepted.
Oh well, you can never have too many Domke camera bags - or can you?

Chris
09-16-2019, 10:53 AM - 1 Like   #17163
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote

I made a halfhearted lowball offer on eBay; I was kind of surprised when seller accepted.

Chris
If it's possible to see the interior of this camera bag

Thanks
09-16-2019, 11:04 AM - 2 Likes   #17164
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Hippone Quote
If it's possible to see the interior of this camera bag

Not sure if those are dividers folded flat on the bottom of the main compartment.
Standard semi-rigid Domke insert doesn't seem to be included - or isn't shown.

Chris

09-16-2019, 11:20 AM   #17165
Pentaxian

Hi chris
Thank you for your quick reply
09-16-2019, 11:38 AM   #17166
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You're welcome.

I see this model is still listed for sale on the Adorama website.
Additional photos and information available there.

Chris
09-17-2019, 11:40 AM - 4 Likes   #17167
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

I received my new binos today - Opticron Adventurer 10x50. The ones I have used so far have been a Nikon 8x25. The larger aperture really makes a world of difference! A much wider field of view, and in failing light one can still see rather well. The idea is to use them for looking at the night skies. The sensible side of me made me buy these rather than doing some silly thing like getting an 8" Newtonian scope or something else I don't have room for

These bouts of common sense rarely last for long, though...

Not my image.

09-18-2019, 05:37 AM - 1 Like   #17168
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
New Zeiss lens arriving today

I just won a Zeiss T* 50mm f 1.4 Planar lens for one-third of usual prices . . . but it is coming in with an unknown (to seller) Leitax mount conversion kit installed. I will either use the appropriate adapter to use the lens on the K-1 or install a K-mount Leitax conversion kit on it to replace the existing one. Most likely I will probably start out with an adapter when I figure out which Leitax kit is installed, and then perhaps later spend the big bucks to remove the existing Leitax kit and install a Pentax Leitax kit in its place for a permanent conversion if the adapter approach does not work well.

Does anyone recognize the mount that is on it now? Any ideas gratefully appreciated. Here is the eBay listing with photos:

Carl Zeiss T* 50mm f/1.4 Planar Lens w/ Leitax Adapter | eBay
09-18-2019, 08:25 AM   #17169
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ivanvernon Quote
Does anyone recognize the mount that is on it now? Any ideas gratefully appreciated. Here is the eBay listing with photos:
Canon EF? According to the Leitax Web page, the adapter is specific to Contax lenses lacking screw holes on the base (AEG variant). I don't see that Leitax offer Pentax-K for Contax AEG.

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 09-18-2019 at 08:52 AM.
09-18-2019, 11:03 AM   #17170
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote

Chris
Well done !
09-18-2019, 12:21 PM - 4 Likes   #17171
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
SMC Pentax-FA 28mm F2.8 AL

Added this lens to my modest collection after the seller accepted my offer.
The good news is that, after cleaning, both the optics and body are close to pristine and preliminary testing confirms that everything is operating properly. The images are good wide open, and very sharp ~ f:5.6

EBay ad photo:
Attached Images

09-19-2019, 02:40 AM - 1 Like   #17172
Veteran Member

My 21:9 IPS ultrawide monitor came today, bloody quick, I only ordered it Monday arvo. I love it already, the colours and contrast are soooo much better than the Office Spec Dell monitor that I had
09-19-2019, 11:13 AM - 4 Likes   #17173
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I don't need any more cameras. I truly don't. I also don't need anymore excellent vintage lenses, I truly don't. So why did I make an offer on this Spotmatic F when I saw it by accident on the PF marketplace? I tell myself, I did it for the lens. After all, the only f/1.4 lenses I have are an Auto Rikenon 55/1.4 and MC Rokkor 58/1.4. Surely, there is a pressing need for the Asahi product...bull.

That all aside, I made a reasonable offer given that the working condition of the camera was unknown and the photos were a bit fuzzy. I took delivery yesterday and was greatly reassured. Both camera and lens are quite clean, I'd say VG or Ex- for both. The lens has radiation yellowing (under treatment for such as I type, courtesy of the IKEA JANSJÖ lamp), but is in good shape other than a few, very minor, paint scratches. The body has a little missing trim paint, but the film chamber is immaculate. The mirror box might also be except for foam crumbs from a rotted mirror damper. Shutter and mirror are sticky as are the metering couplers in the mount, so I am looking at a CLA. Surprisingly, the battery cap and chamber are spotless and the meter responds to light; it is even pretty accurate. The seller told me that camera had been set aside for some time. From all appearances, that time may well have been in the late 1970s.

The camera came with a genuine Honeywell version soft-snoot everready case (in reasonable condition that cleaned up nicely with a little shoe polish), a patterned "hippie" strap, and a Vivitar MC 1A filter. I am pleased.

Pentax K-3, KMZ Helios-44K-4 58/2.0

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 09-20-2019 at 08:07 AM. Reason: wrong word
09-19-2019, 11:16 AM - 1 Like   #17174

Probably sure this question has been asked and answered before, but darn if I can find it .... When I upgraded from the 16mp Pentax K50 to the 24mp K3 I was awe struck by the quality differance. Now here is my question, if I upgrade to the 36mp K1, would I see the same improvement in picture quality, using the same lenses I own for the K50?

Never met a lens that I could afford that I didn't buy....with 70 of them, wife hits me on the head every time she sees me crusing Ebay.

So would like to know if I would be happy in image quality without having to purchase the latest state of the art lenes for the K1?

Thank you all in advance for your input.
09-19-2019, 11:19 AM - 1 Like   #17175
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Alamodoso Quote
Now here is my question, if I upgrade to the 36mp K1, would I see the same improvement in picture quality, using the same lenses I own for the K50?
You are asking this question on the "Your latest acquisition" thread? Silly man! The answers here are always "buy more"!

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 09-19-2019 at 01:06 PM.