Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20312 Likes Search this Thread
10-29-2019, 06:52 PM   #17611
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kadajawi Quote
I've been using the M720 at work for the past year and a half or so, never had any issues with it. Fingers crossed. It might be my favorite mouse in terms of ergonomics etc.
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeyBugs95 Quote
I also have a M720 that I use and I find it to be a very comfortable mouse.
I found the M720 to be very comfortable, almost like it was designed for my hand! The Corsair Harpoon is ok, but just a tiny bit too narrow for my palm grip. I'm disappointed that the M720 developed an issue with the left-click action. I read a number of reports online about this problem, so I wasn't keen to get another one. Like many consumer products, most copies are good but some do fail. Luck of the draw, perhaps.

- Craig

10-30-2019, 03:44 AM   #17612
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by kadajawi Quote
Mh. I think adapters will probably take care of that? For K mount lenses I use an adapter that has an aperture control ring. I never have an idea what aperture I have set it to, but at least it works.
Unfortunately not - Eos lenses are all-electronic, no mechanical linkages at all, not even a stop-down pin. The aperture is set by some sort of solenoid or motor, not sure of the details. Early Sigma lenses for Eos ran into this problem very badly - Sigma back-engineered the mount and electronics but didn't realise that they had some details wrong because they worked on the bodies they have at the time - within a couple of years they were incompatible with the next generation of Canon bodies without a chip replacement, which is no longer available, while Canon lenses were still fine. Sigma lenses from that period are pretty much paperweights so far as using them on anything more recent is concerned.

Last edited by Marcus Rowland; 10-30-2019 at 03:53 AM.
10-30-2019, 05:48 AM - 1 Like   #17613
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Marcus Rowland Quote
Unfortunately not - Eos lenses are all-electronic, no mechanical linkages at all, not even a stop-down pin. The aperture is set by some sort of solenoid or motor, not sure of the details. Early Sigma lenses for Eos ran into this problem very badly - Sigma back-engineered the mount and electronics but didn't realise that they had some details wrong because they worked on the bodies they have at the time - within a couple of years they were incompatible with the next generation of Canon bodies without a chip replacement, which is no longer available, while Canon lenses were still fine. Sigma lenses from that period are pretty much paperweights so far as using them on anything more recent is concerned.
Canon sure lets its users down when they do this. I suppose their business model looks great when their users have to replace not only the body but all their lenses, too.
10-30-2019, 06:04 AM   #17614
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
Canon sure lets its users down when they do this. I suppose their business model looks great when their users have to replace not only the body but all their lenses, too.
At least when Canon offered mirrorless bodies they also made an adapter that allows full comparability for EOS lenses. Canon's all-electric EOS mount may have been a blow to Canon owners with a large collection of Canon lenses with mechanical aperture linkage, but it does mean easier connection of EOS lenses to other cameras such as Sony and MFT mirrorless bodies. The all-electric EOS mount was really ahead of the curve.

10-30-2019, 07:05 AM - 1 Like   #17615
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Benz3ne Quote
A tripod. More specifically, a Zomei Z818 which is touted as a decent budget option. Made in China, aluminium with a ball head and quick release plate, also doubling as a monopod. Cost less than £40 posted to me for a marginally used second hand one.
I know; it’s no manfrotto etc but it’ll give me a good indication of how often I’ll use it, how well it’ll cope with the environments near me and maybe, just maybe, it’ll be good enough for me herein!
It's arrived - looking forward to giving it a good inspection and, ultimately, trying it out!
10-30-2019, 08:54 AM - 1 Like   #17616
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

macOS Catalina and Win Pro 10 for my MacBook Air. Catalina has no support for 32 bit applications, so 5 Adobe products are gone along with a Video translator. Other than that bit of hassle, clean. Win 10 is at 95% of its download. We'll see what happens.
10-30-2019, 09:05 AM   #17617
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Meike Circular Fisheye 6.5mm f2

10-30-2019, 10:17 AM - 1 Like   #17618
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by onlineflyer Quote
And here I thought you were done for the year. Yea, yea I know . . . . . . lba.
and a CZJ Flektogon 35/2.4 perhaps...
10-30-2019, 11:15 AM   #17619
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

on the topic of computer mice, even though I am still using my old Logitech MX 518 Refresh every day for more than 10 years now, I ordered one of the reissued G MX518. The old one is getting filthy fast even with regular cleanings, and Amazon offered one in "EU packaging" and delivery time of a few weeks for a third off the price. I couldn't justify not getting one any more...
10-30-2019, 11:18 AM - 2 Likes   #17620
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
and a CZJ Flektogon 35/2.4 perhaps...
and a . . . . .

and then a . . . . .

and then just one more. . . . .
10-30-2019, 11:21 AM - 1 Like   #17621
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by onlineflyer Quote
and a . . . . .

and then a . . . . .

and then just one more. . . . .
bingo....
10-30-2019, 11:55 AM   #17622

After using the same wipers for going on almost 3 years, I "splurged" and bought a set for my car.
10-30-2019, 02:29 PM   #17623
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
I don't see this as Canon causing the problem; Sigma didn't want to pay royalties to Canon so they put together something that would work without knowing that it would give problems with later Canon bodies. All Canon Eos lenses for 35mm continue to work on all subsequent Eos bodies including their APS-C and full frame digital bodies, and mirrorless with their adapter. The big break with Canon was when they switched from the mechanical FD mount to the electronic Eos mount - no real backwards compatibility there, but it was a huge technological leap and they bit the bullet rather than trying to add electronics to the existing mount.

Talking of Canon, today's charity shop find was a Canon 24T flash - for £0.75! Works well on the AL-1 body I use for testing FD lenses, and should sell for a few pounds.

Also received a USB charger for the Sony DSC-V1 I got a couple of weeks ago, and it turns out to be working well. That's one of the cameras with their NightShot infra-red mode, some photos from my last one here:
Sony DSC V1 Infra-Red Mode | Flickr

And a pack of sensor cleaning swabs, think they were about £3, a couple of my bodies need some attention.
10-30-2019, 03:26 PM   #17624
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Votesh Quote
My most recent acquisition is some Kodachrome 25. It was more expensive than film should probably ever be, but I wanted to shoot some before I never have a chance to again.

I have the same problem. Even when I've got a belt on, unless it's cutting off circulation to my lower half, I can't keep my pants around my waist.
How are you going to develop it ?
10-30-2019, 06:24 PM - 2 Likes   #17625
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Latest acquisition taken with my latest acquisition. Both arrived today. DA 40mm f2.8 + k-5iis