thanks to a random number generator and the November grand prize raffle
Be different. Pick Black.

(congrats - you’re going to love it!)

12-05-2019, 06:04 PM - 1 Like   #18047
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Gorgarath Quote
My latest acquisition that I have actually received was an American Girl doll (Kirsten who was discontinued quite a few years ago but my wife has wanted for practically ever) that arrived yesterday.
A couple days ago my granddaughter and elder daughter got out her (daughter’s) American Girl dolls and changed them into their Christmas outfits. I was shocked to hear Kirsten has been discontinued. How typical of modern times. Great idea for a gift.
12-05-2019, 06:08 PM   #18048
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Be different. Pick Black.

(congrats - you’re going to love it!)
I think I get a " Hobson's choice "

regarding the color of the camera that I have won

guess I will learn to love it.

gotta love a random number selector when your number is selected
12-05-2019, 06:50 PM - 1 Like   #18049
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Just got a Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 body for £39 - this one's for me, I'll be selling on the DMC-GF2 I got a few weeks ago. Basically the GF2 doesn't have an eye level electronic viewfinder, I decided I needed one and went looking for the add-on viewfinder (which turns out to be VERY expensive), but found Cash Converters selling the G1, which has it built in, for considerably less. Hopefully the G1 will be more to my liking, I compose photos a lot better with a bridge camera or SLR than I do with the rear screen of the GF2. Fingers crossed anyway!

12-05-2019, 07:05 PM - 1 Like   #18050
Total n00b Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
A couple days ago my granddaughter and elder daughter got out her (daughter’s) American Girl dolls and changed them into their Christmas outfits. I was shocked to hear Kirsten has been discontinued. How typical of modern times. Great idea for a gift.
I've been telling her for a bit over 15 years to just tell me which one she wants and I'll get it. But she'll get wishy-washy over it and whatnot or she'll finally find one she likes when I don't have any money. So she was looking at one a couple weeks ago saying how it was "only" $260ish or something as a buy it now price. This to me, seems rather ridiculous as to me $50 seems like too much...

I found one that was $575 OBO, so I tossed them a $75 offer which for some reason I just can't understand was rejected immediately...

But I found one that was a really good deal, supposedly good condition with 2 outfits, all the accessories, etc. for under $100. And my mom's been making American Girl doll clothes for about 25 years or so that looks exactly like the ones you can buy except she only charges something like $10-$15/outfit at craft shows, so I can always get more clothes easy enough. I'm hoping the doll doesn't have silver-eye or whatever it is and that it's the correct one. Not sure if my wife wanted pre-Mattel or post or any of the other myriad of details that I've never gotten a straight answer to. So, hopefully she likes her. And if not, I suppose I can always resell and try again.
12-05-2019, 07:41 PM   #18051
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
looks like I've got a KP in my immediate future

thanks to a random number generator and the November grand prize raffle
Allen, that is awesome. It should get some good use next June in Yellowstone. I think that you will love it.
12-05-2019, 08:54 PM   #18052
Veteran Member

one more reason...

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
I don't know for sure, Steve - but I reckon it should. Frankly, I don't think there are any significant external differences between the original and HD FA35 lenses. It all looks identical, save for the different finish, printing, distance scale colour, knobbly focusing ring and green trim ring.

I used some images from the web, appropriately cropped and scaled using the body width at widest point as a reference. The bayonet fitting at the end of the barrel is the same width, and it looks exactly the same in terms of flange and notch placement. Even the alignment marking for fitting the hood is in exactly the same place. Here's what I came up with... Hope it helps
That's one reason I'm glad the hood on my 35mm 2.8 macro is integrated. I have enough trouble keeping track of the hoods for all my lenses

12-05-2019, 09:33 PM   #18053

Photos: Albums
I recently acquired a KP and am intensely watching the tracking number for it hoping it would arrive before the weekend but I'm pretty sure it's somewhere in the middle of Canada, slowly inching along the winter roads, keeping me in anticipation.

I can't wait to take it out and try it's comparisons to the K7. I hope I can get used to all the features!
12-05-2019, 09:34 PM   #18054
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Gorgarath Quote
I've been telling her for a bit over 15 years to just tell me which one she wants and I'll get it. But she'll get wishy-washy over it and whatnot or she'll finally find one she likes when I don't have any money. So she was looking at one a couple weeks ago saying how it was "only" $260ish or something as a buy it now price. This to me, seems rather ridiculous as to me $50 seems like too much...

I found one that was $575 OBO, so I tossed them a $75 offer which for some reason I just can't understand was rejected immediately...

But I found one that was a really good deal, supposedly good condition with 2 outfits, all the accessories, etc. for under $100. And my mom's been making American Girl doll clothes for about 25 years or so that looks exactly like the ones you can buy except she only charges something like $10-$15/outfit at craft shows, so I can always get more clothes easy enough. I'm hoping the doll doesn't have silver-eye or whatever it is and that it's the correct one. Not sure if my wife wanted pre-Mattel or post or any of the other myriad of details that I've never gotten a straight answer to. So, hopefully she likes her. And if not, I suppose I can always resell and try again.
Pre-Mattel (Kirsten and a few others) are what she’ll want. Many of our outfits are hand-made too. These dolls were $100 25 years ago, so hundreds isn’t out of line for clean ones with the correct accessories.
12-06-2019, 01:43 AM - 2 Likes   #18055
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
I think I get a " Hobson's choice "

regarding the color of the camera that I have won

guess I will learn to love it.

gotta love a random number selector when your number is selected
I'm not supposed to mention this directly, but... do you like pink?

Congratulations on the win, Allen - I'm sure you will love the camera
12-06-2019, 02:46 AM   #18056
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by NotMyFatDog Quote
I recently acquired a KP and am intensely watching the tracking number for it hoping it would arrive before the weekend but I'm pretty sure it's somewhere in the middle of Canada, slowly inching along the winter roads, keeping me in anticipation.

I can't wait to take it out and try it's comparisons to the K7. I hope I can get used to all the features!
In comparison with your K7, KP will make a huge difference!
12-06-2019, 04:04 AM   #18057
Pentaxian

This /\
12-06-2019, 05:56 AM   #18058
Pentaxian

After yesterday's duds a good one:

In the pic it has a m42 mount but it came with Canon FD
12-06-2019, 07:03 AM - 1 Like   #18059
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
depends upon what your wife is going to be mixing - if it's bread dough, like my wife, and on a regular basis... she's burned through three Kitchen-Aid Pro's in the last 10 years or so and is about to kill her latest one....

we've been looking at an Ankarsrum (600 watts and a 7 year warranty) or a Bosch (800 watts and a 3 year warranty)....
Thanks for the tip. Her old Kitchen Aid mixer is still working, but she want a new one sometime in the near future. I sure like the 7 year guarantee.
12-06-2019, 07:31 AM   #18060
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Got some cheap hoods

Just received three metal telephoto screw-in hoods. Cost of $7.53 ($2.51 each) and 11 days waiting for arrival. These work on a few of my Pentax 67 lenses instead of paying $40-50.00 for an original. If they do not vignette, I will be happy.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo