Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20313 Likes Search this Thread
12-30-2019, 07:31 PM - 1 Like   #18361
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

KP for my daughter. Does it count if you give it away to enable another Pentax shooter?

12-30-2019, 08:23 PM   #18362
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Cool!

I also found vonBaloney's comment where Ricoh confirmed that purchase price qualifies as MSRP.

I did it, bought the KP finally. So...the extended warranty. - Page 4 - PentaxForums.com

Steve
Since Ricoh uses a M.A.P. Pricing schedule Authorized Dealers’ selling prices are “approved” (with some flexibility) by Ricoh. Promotional prices such as Black Friday Deals are supported by Ricoh. Ergo a participating Dealer offering a promotional price is doing so at the then current MSRP.
12-30-2019, 08:34 PM - 1 Like   #18363
Imp
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by clickclick Quote
Does it count if you give it away to enable another Pentax shooter?
without a doubt
12-30-2019, 08:55 PM - 1 Like   #18364
Pentaxian

Ansco Shur-Flash box camera.....has a roll of film it doubtful to develop.....should clean up nicely and will likely see a roll to completion

Yashica minimatic-S rangefinder......it needs a good cleaning but seems to be working not sure.....it is an automatic RF that does not require a battery but somehow can do auto functions based on a selenium cell light meter.....reckon I need a little research on it.....have a nice collection of the yashica RFs to this point

12-31-2019, 06:24 AM - 1 Like   #18365
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

I treated myself to a new watch today - just a very inexpensive "beater", but one I've been interested in for a while; a Casio DW-290 - as worn by ex-FBI Director Robert Mueller, and Tom Cruise in the first Mission Impossible film

Although not a G-SHOCK model, it has most of the same characteristics and specifications, including 200m WR and electro-luminescence back-light. The only downside is the two year battery life, which is paltry compared to some other models - but that's a minor concern. Opinions are divided on whether it's an ugly or attractive piece. I'd say it's a bit of both - but I like it

The garish turquoise printing on the case is known to wear off rather quickly, leaving an all-black watch except for the display markings - and I'll probably swap the strap for a nylon NATO or something similar, but will see how I get on first...
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
DMC-FZ62  Photo 
12-31-2019, 08:38 AM - 2 Likes   #18366
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
I treated myself to a new watch today - just a very inexpensive "beater", but one I've been interested in for a while; a Casio DW-290 - as worn by ex-FBI Director Robert Mueller, and Tom Cruise in the first Mission Impossible film

Although not a G-SHOCK model, it has most of the same characteristics and specifications, including 200m WR and electro-luminescence back-light. The only downside is the two year battery life, which is paltry compared to some other models - but that's a minor concern. Opinions are divided on whether it's an ugly or attractive piece. I'd say it's a bit of both - but I like it

The garish turquoise printing on the case is known to wear off rather quickly, leaving an all-black watch except for the display markings - and I'll probably swap the strap for a nylon NATO or something similar, but will see how I get on first...
How much, if I may ask?

I quite like using the so called 'terrorist watch', as it's so inexpensive and seems to last through everything, such as swimming and shoving it in rock cracks while climbing. It was $15 here, so that's, like what, nine quid?

12-31-2019, 08:40 AM   #18367
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by clickclick Quote
KP for my daughter. Does it count if you give it away to enable another Pentax shooter?

yes

even if you make her pay for the shipping

12-31-2019, 09:17 AM - 3 Likes   #18368
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Winning on eBay

For me eBay tends to be a crap shoot, but today I won! Just received in mail: Pentax-FA 645 400mm f 5.6 ED(IF) for only $322 including $40 freight. Lens is still in current production, and our Forum review shows a new price of $2,879. Lens arrived packed in original box and packing materials with original front and back caps, hood, Tiffin UV/Haze filter (77mm), and sturdy black denim carrying/storage pouch. All the manufacturer's paper work was present including warranty card and lens users booklet. Condition was outstanding, looking totally unused except for a minor scratch on front barrel of lens about three inches from front of the lens. Lens is in perfect operating condition and I am attaching a few snaps (SOC, hand held). MFD is 300 cm or about 10 feet, so lens can actually be focussed inside my house, unlike some of my long lens with much longer MFD specs.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX 645Z  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX 645Z  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX 645Z  Photo 
12-31-2019, 09:23 AM   #18369
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
How much, if I may ask?
GBP £25 (USD $33 / CAD $43)

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
I quite like using the so called 'terrorist watch', as it's so inexpensive and seems to last through everything, such as swimming and shoving it in rock cracks while climbing. It was $15 here, so that's, like what, nine quid?
The F-91W is exactly the same price here. Cool little watch... I owned one some years ago, and you're right - almost indestructible. But, I have quite big hands and wrists, and it looks a bit too small on me
12-31-2019, 09:32 AM   #18370
Veteran Member

The F-91W is exactly the same price here. Cool little watch... I owned one some years ago, and you're right - almost indestructible. But, I have quite big hands and wrists, and it looks a bit too small on me
I wouldn't say that I had small wrists at all, but certainly not oversized wrists either. I quite like the slim profile of the watch as it means it doesn't interfere with shirt cuffs, or gloves or anything. When I was using a GPS/HR watch (which I ditched in favour of using a phone as I could do more with it, had better battery, and why carry a heavy watch when I already had that), I always found it would interfere with more technical clothing and that I was worried about damaging it, as well as having to take it off for certain things. I don't have to worry about that with this Casio, as I would be impressed if I could break it, and if I did it would be pretty cheap to replace. If I recall correctly, the latest GPS watch I was using was a Suunto Ambit 2, quite bulky and heavy, though pretty good for what it was.
12-31-2019, 09:35 AM - 1 Like   #18371
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I treated myself to a new watch today - just a very inexpensive "beater"
Always fun to get a new watch. Sometimes, an inexpensive 'beater' is just the thing for working around the house, splitting firewood, or cleaning the bathrooms. I have an old digital Seiko that's been pretty rugged, but my everyday watch is a Citizen I got as a long-service award from my Government department (mind you, I had to return the first non-functioning one they sent me, go figure. I figured it was perhaps a sign of how they viewed my career performance ).

worn by ex-FBI Director Robert Mueller, and Tom Cruise
By which name do you prefer to be called: 'BigMackMueller' or TomMackCam?

garish turquoise printing on the case
I dunno... looks kinda slick. Maybe wear it when you shoot with a Pentax-F 35-70?

Seems like a good price for a functional, multi-mode watch! Enjoy.

- Craig
12-31-2019, 09:47 AM - 8 Likes   #18372
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

the Irix arrived yesterday:

12-31-2019, 09:59 AM - 1 Like   #18373
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Loving the way I've been away from this thread for a year, but cookies still featuring in the pictures

12-31-2019, 10:01 AM   #18374
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
Wow, shows how big it is... or how small Pentax managed to make the 100 Macro!
12-31-2019, 10:02 AM - 1 Like   #18375
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
That lens is calorie-heavy...