Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-29-2020, 07:48 AM   #18706
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by timb64 Quote
Great fun.

How noisy is it?I've toyed with the idea of one for a while, but have been put off by the "nuisance factor" for other people.
It's actually not that noisy. Whereas the Mavic2 sounds like an angry bumble bee, this is more like an irritating fly . As for "nuisance factor" I've generally found that as long as you're not being irresponsible with it, people are more inquisitive than offended by the drone.

---------- Post added 01-29-20 at 07:57 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by mattb123 Quote
I'm also considering one. I do some real estate photos and more and more people want drone shots.
The annoyance factor is also on my mind so I'd also try to be considerate.
Around here, birds of prey will also attack drones so there is that to worry about too.
I'm looking at the Phantom Pro 2 to get RAW capabilities.

The Mavic2 Pro has a 20 meg Hasselblad camera, with RAW capability, and all the functionality you could desire. It also packs up into a handy hard case, or even just a cross body bag.
I've found that birds of prey are inquisitive, but wary. They will come look, but steer shy or the rotors.
As for annoyance to people, I think it's important to get the landholders permission to fly, and to be aware or other folks around. As long as you don't appear to be spying on them, most people are quite tolerant.

---------- Post added 01-29-20 at 08:08 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
Drone videos were a novelty at first but by now have grown tiresome.
To me they all look pretty much the same.

Chris
I agree with you completely... nothing as boring an all the slo'mo' "lookit mee" videos . My motivation for getting it was purely to get higher elevations, or to place the camera somewhere that I couldn't get to.

01-29-2020, 09:37 AM - 3 Likes   #18707
Pentaxian

A lot of seven lenses, most of which seem to functional (but two I can't use because of incompatible mounts A-mount And PB-mount)
This one is the only broken one. Focus ring won't budge at all. Aperture works though. It came with a Pentax rear cap so not entirely a loss. It has no name ring but I believe it is the Cosina MC Cosinon-T 135mm 1:3.5. Edit: I have since got it focussing and now attacking fungus.

A mc Pentacon Practikar PB 70-210mm 1:4-5.6 Seems to be in full working order but can't test electrical contacts. Nice solid metal feel probably a Sigma.

This was the lens I bought the lot for Tamron SP Adaptall-2 70-210mm 1:3.5 (19AH) It seems to be in full working order though the zoom can be a bit loose. Despite that it doesn't creep.

Another useless one for Pentax Minolta 70-210mm 1:4 AF AKA beer can

This was my bonus/ security lens if the Tamron was a dud. Very yellow Super-Takumar 50mm 1:1.4 Focus is a bit stiff but only in comparison other Takumars. If it were a czj focus would still be ok :P

Another Bonus. The Hanimex 200mm F4.5 It has a lot of aperture blades. It is T2 mount but this one has a m42 adapter attached.

Last the Auto-Chinon 200mm F/1:3.5 also m42 Seems to be ok. Need to clean the front element a bit better.

Last edited by D1N0; 01-29-2020 at 11:17 AM. Reason: update
01-29-2020, 09:44 PM   #18708
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mattb123 Quote
I'm also considering one. I do some real estate photos and more and more people want drone shots.
The annoyance factor is also on my mind so I'd also try to be considerate.
Around here, birds of prey will also attack drones so there is that to worry about too.
I'm looking at the Phantom Pro 2 to get RAW capabilities.
Do you have to worry about altitude? A brief search turned up a lot of hits about the 400m limit but not so much about the ground starting at 7800 feet.
01-30-2020, 04:53 AM - 1 Like   #18709
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Marcus Rowland Quote
Just picked up a Pentax ISTD L2 body for £24.99 including postage, assuming it doesn't arrive smashed or dead in some way. Cash Converters so anything can happen...
I forgot to say that this arrived yesterday and is working well. And today I received a replacement battery for the Nikon D50 I got on Saturday, and that's working well too. VERY relieved!

01-30-2020, 06:17 AM - 3 Likes   #18710
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

My GAS has reached near epic proportions, or is that LAS? I’ve bid on eight Takumar Fisheye Takumar 17mm lenses over the past year and finally won an auction-without exceeding my under $200 total cost limit. Dang people bid these up. New seller, so that helped a bit. I’ll post pictures when it arrives in Penn’s woods next week.
01-30-2020, 07:50 AM   #18711
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Just1MoreDave Quote
Do you have to worry about altitude? A brief search turned up a lot of hits about the 400m limit but not so much about the ground starting at 7800 feet.
The altitude on most consumer drones is restricted to the legal altitude. I'm going to talk metric, cos that's what I know . The upper limit for private drones, flown without a license is 120m, because the lower flight limit for commercial aircraft is 200m. This is brought even lower around airports and airfields.
With a license, and a registered drone, you can exceed that altitude, but only if you are in radio communication with the nearest air traffic control tower.
01-30-2020, 08:09 AM - 1 Like   #18712
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Robin Quote
The altitude on most consumer drones is restricted to the legal altitude. I'm going to talk metric, cos that's what I know . The upper limit for private drones, flown without a license is 120m, because the lower flight limit for commercial aircraft is 200m. This is brought even lower around airports and airfields.
With a license, and a registered drone, you can exceed that altitude, but only if you are in radio communication with the nearest air traffic control tower.
unfortunately I put drones in certain areas in the same category of motorized e bikes which are now allowed anywhere in our national parks -

National Park Service Announces Policy for Electric Bicycle Use in National Parks - Office of Communications (U.S. National Park Service)

I don't like them

I know I am putting my interests and opinion over another with a differing opinion

and I am very aware that my opinion has no right to control

I would just ask anyone using a drone to try to be as considerate as possible to others

be aware of the noise and the effect on wildlife that might occur, beware of the visual distraction caused by the drone itself and be aware of the safety issues

01-30-2020, 08:31 AM - 2 Likes   #18713
Pentaxian

This should be my last lens for at least three months In need the shoot with them and service quite a few. My first Auto-Takumar

01-30-2020, 09:06 AM - 2 Likes   #18714
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Sigma DG 150-500mm f/5-6.3 AF APO HSM OS

Just pulled the trigger on this Ebay "Buy It Now" along with a 1 year Square Trade warranty. It should be here by Monday.

Ebay photo:
01-30-2020, 09:15 AM - 6 Likes   #18715
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I just received my first person singular belt buckle so I'll always know I'm ME.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-r  Photo 
01-30-2020, 09:55 AM - 3 Likes   #18716
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Prohibitiory Quote
I bought myself Rokinon 85mm f/1.4 lens, can't wait to use it and show you new pictures alongside with my new baby Pentax KP I only got 2 weeks ago!
I have one of these bad boys. I love it, but manual focus through the viewfinder can be hit and miss tricky. Live view with magnification is your friend.
01-30-2020, 09:58 AM   #18717
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by steamloco76 Quote
I just received my first person singular belt buckle so I'll always know I'm ME.
Where did you find that? It's neat.
01-30-2020, 10:05 AM   #18718
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
Where did you find that? It's neat.
They come up on eBay. There is also a KX buckle. A former Pentax Rep I met on Photo.net gave me one about 20 years ago.
01-30-2020, 11:50 AM   #18719
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
They come up on eBay. There is also a KX buckle. A former Pentax Rep I met on Photo.net gave me one about 20 years ago.
I HAD a KX I used it for years.
01-30-2020, 12:26 PM   #18720
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
unfortunately I put drones in certain areas in the same category of motorized e bikes which are now allowed anywhere in our national parks -

National Park Service Announces Policy for Electric Bicycle Use in National Parks - Office of Communications (U.S. National Park Service)
I remember seeing this announcement and while my reaction was initially negative, on reflection, the impact is unlikely to be greater than regular bicycles, many of which are ridden at excessive speed or by people with inadequate riding skills for often crowded trails.

Steve