Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20314 Likes Search this Thread
02-06-2020, 09:09 PM - 6 Likes   #18796
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I just got a brand new 70mm HD in the mail today. Looks super well made. Focuses really well, and generally seems a charm. Got some photos of the dogs, looking forward to putting it to use!

Attached Images

02-07-2020, 09:08 AM - 2 Likes   #18797
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by edom31 Quote
I should be getting the K-series 135/2.5 today!!!

To celebrate, yesterday I got a Super-Tak 200/4 and some Asahi extension tubes.

Eying now a Fuji X-T10... used. If anyone knows a fair market price for these I'd be happy to get a DM or response.
X-T10s are quite common on the used market over here and so their price is quite low. I don't think I'd pay more than €200 for one. I almost bought one last year but decided to pay the extra for the X-T20, though the older 16MP sensor yields better rendering, and low light image quality, than the newer 24MP sensors.

The K 135/2.5 is a sweet lens.

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Mid-January was my B-day, so I got these ... the paper was from my mother-in-law (I told her what to send me) and the second is a b-day gift from me to me, a Fujifilm X100s. An early afternoon eBay bid winner for 366€ delivered from Lille, France. There were only 2 bidders with the starting price at 350€. All is AOK, but a bit rough cosmetically. It came with 8 batteries of which 2 are OEM. The hood just arrived and was added on along with the strap and thumb rest.

I've been reading the info on the new X100V over on (gasp!) DPR and it sounds like they've all but perfected the recipe. Still, the price for a camera without interchangeable lenses is eye-watering and at the end of the day there's little that it can do that I can't with my X-T20 and 23/2.
02-07-2020, 10:23 AM - 1 Like   #18798
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
X-T10s are quite common on the used market over here and so their price is quite low. I don't think I'd pay more than €200 for one. I almost bought one last year but decided to pay the extra for the X-T20, though the older 16MP sensor yields better rendering, and low light image quality, than the newer 24MP sensors.
The K 135/2.5 is a sweet lens.
Thanks for the follow up Mac. Your "estimate" is what I had in mind regarding the X-T10.

Also - cameradesicion (website) does give a better grading to the X-T10 when compared to the X-T20 = glad to see that being 'confirmed' here...

Finally - the K 135/2.5 = está de puta madre! I can't wait to get to know it and shoot more with it.
02-07-2020, 08:54 PM - 5 Likes   #18799
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I've been wanting a walkabout lens for my K-1 II. I have the 15-30 and 24-70, but they are beyond what I want to lug for something like going for a walk with the dog. The DFA 28-105 is more than I want to spend on a lens like this right now, so I started poking at reviews of older lenses and decided to have a go at this Tamron AF28-105 f/4-5.6 (IF) model 179DP in mint condition complete with box and papers and no signs of use. With shipping to my door was a whopping $47. I wasn't sure what I was going to get, as there seems to be a range of opinions. Don't know if I lucked on a good copy, or this model is a good flavor, but finding it hits the spot nicely. Also interestingly enough, the lens exif data says it's an SMC Pentax. Now I'm wondering if they are the same coatings as the Pentax labeled version?

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q-S1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1 Mark II  Photo 
02-07-2020, 09:55 PM - 1 Like   #18800
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by clickclick Quote
Tamron AF28-105 f/4-5.6
nice and convenient !! have a promaster version of the same great for general stuff
02-08-2020, 12:02 AM - 1 Like   #18801
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Just won an auction labeled:
Tamron SP...
Hope I have not done money for nothing
02-08-2020, 01:10 AM   #18802
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
I've been reading the info on the new X100V over on (gasp!) DPR and it sounds like they've all but perfected the recipe. Still, the price for a camera without interchangeable lenses is eye-watering and at the end of the day there's little that it can do that I can't with my X-T20 and 23/2.
Yes, I agree that the X100V seems very, very nice and the price point is outrageous (for me, for what you get).

I kind of bought the X100s to get "that bug" out of my system and to see if it is really for me. I have a Fuji friend with the X100F and I really like it after a short loan shoot. If I get another Fuji, it will probably be the X-T30 and the 23 will be on the short list, too.

At this moment my oldest daughter (18) is in love with the X100s and I cannot seem to pry it out of her hands. Cheers, J

02-08-2020, 01:41 AM - 4 Likes   #18803
Pentaxian

As marked on the top, 7€ for a nice, working Kodak Retinette f with an Angénieux 45/3.5 from my thrift store. I am a sucker for anything marked "Angénieux" ... this was from last week and I did well there yesterday. Images to come soon.

02-08-2020, 01:49 AM - 5 Likes   #18804
Pentaxian

Three Sigmas from a seller whose Pentax DSLR has problems not worth fixing:
Sigma EX DC 17-50mm HSM, which rates with the Pentax DA*16-50mm. I like the idea of a general purpose zoom with f2.8 max aperture, compared to the 16-85mm which is physically long at full reach and much slower max aperture
Sigma EX DC 30mm f1.4 and why not a fast prime to fight for priority with the DA 35mm Limited and the Tamron Adaptall 28mm
Sigma DG macro 70-300mm f4-5.6, because it happened to be in the group with the other two. I can sell it or use it, but it will be inferior to the 55-300mm PLM, from all reports
Attached Images

02-08-2020, 03:10 PM   #18805
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Gary H Perth Quote
Sigma EX DC 17-50mm HSM, which rates with the Pentax DA*16-50mm. I like the idea of a general purpose zoom with f2.8 max aperture, compared to the 16-85mm which is physically long at full reach and much slower max aperture
Sigma EX DC 30mm f1.4 and why not a fast prime to fight for priority with the DA 35mm Limited and the Tamron Adaptall 28mm
Sigma DG macro 70-300mm f4-5.6, because it happened to be in the group with the other two. I can sell it or use it, but it will be inferior to the 55-300mm PLM, from all reports
I might as well mention that DC lenses are designed for APS-C sensors and won't be suitable for full-frame sensors or 35mm. The DG lens should be fine on either format.

---------- Post added 02-08-20 at 03:38 PM ----------

Today I had another car boot sale and got another Nikon lens - the DX 18-55 3.5-5.6 zoom, the basic kit lens from 2005-ish, which is not very exciting but usually sells for £30-£40. Got it for £20 which seemed OK - but this evening I tried it on my camera and discovered that one of the flanges has snapped off, which is a PITA. Fortunately it looks to be fixable very cheaply - you can get a replacement flange ring for £2.49 from China, and the repair looks reasonably simple. Just ordered the ring, hopefully I'll be able to say I've fixed it in a few weeks.

Then I took a longish train ride to one of my favourite hunting grounds in East London, where there are three shops selling house clearance stuff fairly close together, and I've so far never failed to find something worthwhile. Today wasn't as good as usual, but I ended up getting another Nikon lens, the 28-100 3.5-5.6G longer kit lens for 35mm bodies (also works on digital, of course), for £10. It's odd - this is a lens I would have said I don't see very often, but it's the third I've picked up this year. They're very nice lenses too, and it ought to be pretty profitable.

Also received the five SD cards I mentioned a few days ago, all of which are OK, and a job lot of used filters I forgot to mention - just 20 assorted UV and skylight from 49mm to 62mm, cost £16 including P&P. I like to include filters whenever possible, it gives lenses a little protection in transit and hopefully makes them a little more desirable to buyers.

Last edited by Marcus Rowland; 02-08-2020 at 03:41 PM.
02-08-2020, 07:07 PM   #18806
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by steamloco76 Quote
Sorry to burst your Postal bubble, the crushed package weighed under one pound and the shipper had packaged the contents properly. A medium flat rate box is NOT an unsuitably small carton for an item under a pound with a size of about three inches by four inches.
I beg to differ*. That item should have been shipped in a Small Flat Rate Box.

* I ship enough items that I have a Commercial USPS account.
02-08-2020, 08:58 PM - 1 Like   #18807
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

just picked up a Pentax Super Program chrome and black

and a Nikon PROSTAFF 5 20-60x82mm Angled Body Fieldscope

from my brick and mortar photo store - Wolfe's Camera - Wolfe's Camera Shop | Topeka KS

bonus my Pentax Winder ME II works with the Super Program -

QuoteQuote:
Description:
Winder for Pentax ME Super and ME. Also fits the ME-F, MG, MV-1, Super A, SuperProgram, Program A, Program Plus, P5 and P50.
Read more at: https://www.pentaxforums.com/accessoryreviews/pentax-winder-me-ii.html#ixzz6DQaQxt4r
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 

Last edited by aslyfox; 02-08-2020 at 09:28 PM.
02-08-2020, 09:23 PM   #18808
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I beg to differ*. That item should have been shipped in a Small Flat Rate Box.

* I ship enough items that I have a Commercial USPS account.
Perhaps the 7"x7"x6" Priority Mail Box-4, but not the 5-3/8"x8-5/8"x1-5/8" small flat rate. The small flat rate is too small for even smallish books and would not fit a ST 35/2.0 in case. FWIW, I recently took delivery of a camera measuring 3"x3-1/2"x5-3/4" wedged diagonally into a Priority Mail Box-4 to provide a couple of inches more or less on all sides. It was packed tight with bubble wrap and filler, but still I was glad it got to me with zero evidence of mishandling. I credit the good condition to generous use of "Fragile Optical Instrument" labels.

FWIW, I am still lamenting the passing of the previous-style Medium Flat Rate 11-1/4"x8-3/4"x6". Those were just the right size to ship a 35mm SLR body with detached normal lens. I know, clearance is nowhere near 4" all round, but they still worked well. I had a good stash of those at one time, but am now down to just one.

Steve
02-08-2020, 10:18 PM   #18809
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Gary H Perth Quote
Looks like a good haul Gary. From Gumtree??
02-08-2020, 10:48 PM   #18810
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Perhaps the 7"x7"x6" Priority Mail Box-4, but not the 5-3/8"x8-5/8"x1-5/8" small flat rate. The small flat rate is too small for even smallish books and would not fit a ST 35/2.0 in case. FWIW, I recently took delivery of a camera measuring 3"x3-1/2"x5-3/4" wedged diagonally into a Priority Mail Box-4 to provide a couple of inches more or less on all sides. It was packed tight with bubble wrap and filler, but still I was glad it got to me with zero evidence of mishandling. I credit the good condition to generous use of "Fragile Optical Instrument" labels.

FWIW, I am still lamenting the passing of the previous-style Medium Flat Rate 11-1/4"x8-3/4"x6". Those were just the right size to ship a 35mm SLR body with detached normal lens. I know, clearance is nowhere near 4" all round, but they still worked well. I had a good stash of those at one time, but am now down to just one.

Steve
He gave the dimensions as 3”x4”. I also miss the larger Medium Flat Rate.

I have to agree with your earlier post. Of the hundreds of packages I have shipped and received over the last 20 or so years I know of only one inbound and one outbound that was delivered in that condition.