Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20312 Likes Search this Thread
02-11-2020, 12:04 PM   #18856
Total n00b Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by c.a.m Quote
I was born at the advent of the space age, and followed the space programs keenly as a youngster and teenager. This kit was a Christmas gift! 1087 pieces. It complements my Apollo 11 Saturn V launch vehicle.
That is pretty awesome. I've seen that one somewhere before and was severely tempted to get it. Would love to see the Saturn V rocket as well. I really need to book a trip down to Disney so I can have an excuse to drag the rest of the family to Kennedy Space Center for a day. I haven't been there since I was little. Almost went a couple years ago when we last went to Disney, but we were a bit short on time and money and chose the responsible choice and skipped it.

02-11-2020, 12:20 PM   #18857
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by c.a.m Quote
I was born at the advent of the space age, and followed the space programs keenly as a youngster and teenager. This kit was a Christmas gift! 1087 pieces. It complements my Apollo 11 Saturn V launch vehicle.

- Craig
Fantastic!
02-11-2020, 01:22 PM   #18858
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
I think this is the price of getting her interested in a nice hobby. You'll just have to buy yourself another one...
02-11-2020, 03:35 PM   #18859
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
Nikkormat EL body

$75.00 shipped from APUG classifieds

Chris
Very nice. These old Nikkormats always had a lot of appeal to me.

02-11-2020, 05:39 PM - 3 Likes   #18860
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

A full package of mint chocolate AMUs...

...should have bought two bags...back to using Ritz crackers...

Steve
02-12-2020, 12:14 AM - 4 Likes   #18861
Pentaxian

My latest acquisition was a bag of Rolo's which I quickly de-acquistioned.
02-12-2020, 02:47 AM - 3 Likes   #18862
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeyBugs95 Quote

02-12-2020, 02:57 AM - 1 Like   #18863
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeyBugs95 Quote
Who had the last one?!

02-12-2020, 05:35 AM - 5 Likes   #18864
Pentaxian

A quite rare digital score from my thrift store last Friday ... even more so in that the battery was charged and it had an empty 1Go SD card. A nice working Nikon D50 with a Tamron AF 24-135 (190D) plus a Samsonite bag in good shape.

There was no price marked and good ol' Gilbert was very perplexed, so I gently suggested "sept" to him ... and the deal was done. Now I have a "trader DSLR" with only 7 euros in it for the Poitiers camera swap meet at the beginning of April.

02-12-2020, 06:13 AM - 2 Likes   #18865
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
A full package of mint chocolate AMUs...

...should have bought two bags...back to using Ritz crackers...

Steve

I buy extra and keep them in the fridge for the next lens...
02-12-2020, 08:29 AM - 2 Likes   #18866
Veteran Member

Managed to grab me some more 60's retro goodness!

A Rank Mamiya Autolux 35 - the shutter's a bit sticky (needs to be degreased and relubricated) and the light seals are away, but it's in otherwise working condition! I haven't had a chance to use it yet (I... don't have film...) - but I suspect that without a good bit of TLC on the shutter, it will overexpose by several stops. For now, it is a very nice looking ornament - but in future... who knows, maybe I'll give it the love and attention it needs!

Also pictured is that Practos extinction meter - works exceedingly well! It needed a little repair (the rivets on the rotating-ring had worn off the bottom - nothing a tiny drop of superglue couldn't fix!).

As available "plate speeds" (aww! How quaint!) are in ASA+Sheiner°+DIN - this model is a "Practos" (as opposed to the "Junior" models, which had "H&D" instead? I'm going to need to wiki that one!). That means it was made in West Germany and the oldest possible production date is 1950 - though chances are I got a later production - I can't accurately date this particular unit!

I had originally intended to use it with a film camera (I really want to get my hands on an old 35mm Pentax body - full-manual, of course!) - but I've found the little meter pretty useful for scoping things out - gives me a good idea of what's available to me aperture-wise before I shoot - or what I'll need to do to get the shutter speed up!

It also turns out that it's a great icebreaker when I'm out-and-about and another photographer espies me using it!
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Pixel 3 XL  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
Pixel 3 XL  Photo 
02-12-2020, 09:35 AM - 2 Likes   #18867
Pentaxian

Just got myself Helios 44-2 58mm F2! supper excited will suit well with my beautiful Pentax KP.
02-12-2020, 09:37 AM - 1 Like   #18868
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Prohibitiory Quote
Just got myself Helios 44-2 58mm F2! supper excited will suit well with my beautiful Pentax KP.
Very nice, I saw a good looking one go for around £20 earlier on 'the Bay'. I sold mine a while back but fancy one again now I've changed from APS-C to FF...
02-12-2020, 09:43 AM - 1 Like   #18869
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Benz3ne Quote
Very nice, I saw a good looking one go for around £20 earlier on 'the Bay'. I sold mine a while back but fancy one again now I've changed from APS-C to FF...
I had a dilemma as because of pepperberry farm I feel like I really want Auto Chinon 55mm f1.7 but to be perfectly honest haven't had a proper go out with the lenses I do have, which be now 8 of them lol and my new Pentax KP, working day time and because of Winter coming back is totally dark outside, waiting for summer like...
02-12-2020, 10:03 AM - 1 Like   #18870
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Prohibitiory Quote
I had a dilemma as because of pepperberry farm I feel like I really want Auto Chinon 55mm f1.7 but to be perfectly honest haven't had a proper go out with the lenses I do have, which be now 8 of them lol and my new Pentax KP, working day time and because of Winter coming back is totally dark outside, waiting for summer like...
you're welcome!

honestly, I made a list of lenses I was chasing and would add/subtract from the list as I researched lenses...