Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20312 Likes Search this Thread
02-14-2020, 01:05 PM   #18901
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ehrwien Quote
Have you gotten yours yet? Mine's here already. Haven't taken a single pic at an aperture other than 1.2 with it yet
The parcel was dispatched this morning. Delivery time is two days, but the weekend now gets in the way of that.

02-14-2020, 02:58 PM - 2 Likes   #18902
Pentaxian

Received the smaller of the two job lots I was expecting - smaller in price, not in number of items. For £9.70 including postage I've got (in no particular order as I unpack it)

Boxed Ohnar right-angle finder (for Canon AE1 etc., but easily adjusted for other cameras.
Two camera straps
Six "Club" filters - a slot-in square filter system I've never heard of, smaller than Cokin, all boxed and in plastic wallets - and a holder for them
A no-name teleconverter for Nikon F (Pre-AI which means not hugely useful on modern cameras, but there might be someone that wants it)
A set of screw-together extension tubes with Nikon bayonets. Again, not incredibly useful for modern cameras.
12 assorted filters including a couple of polarizers
A set of M39 extension tubes
A dead Canon remote control fob (might just need the contacts cleaning)
2 Cokin filter holders
7 lens caps
A Zeiss Ikon closeup lens in its original Bakelite box
A dead Gossen Sixtar selenium exposure meter
5 lens hoods including a Nikon HN1 (for a fairly wide lens, I think), a Petri clamp-on design in a leather case, and a rectangular hood which looks like Leica but isn't labelled as such
And a Leica ring thing that I think is some sort of filter holder - web searches say it's a Leica polarizer filter, unfortunately it's missing the actual glass.

All interesting stuff and I'll be keeping some of the filters and tubes for my own use, so VERY pleased.

The expected delivery date for the other lot is toward the end of next week, which is a bit slow.

later - the Nikon hood is for their 24mm lens and lists at £29.99 in the UK! There are a few on eBay at £9.33 and up (from a Japanese seller), I think I'll start it off at £1.99 and see what happens...

Last edited by Marcus Rowland; 02-14-2020 at 04:17 PM.
02-14-2020, 04:33 PM - 7 Likes   #18903

Photos: Albums
Yessssssssssss.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
GM1915  Photo 
02-14-2020, 05:10 PM - 1 Like   #18904
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by aaronjamesgray Quote
Yessssssssssss.
oh yea!! sweet glass right there! happy shooting!!

02-14-2020, 05:13 PM - 3 Likes   #18905
Pentaxian

pentax MX.....working shutter and light meter!!! needs some cleaning but will still look a bit 'rough' came with a jc penny 35-105/f3.5 zoom.....seems neat needs a good clean but has a filter stuck on it that is partially pulled from one side.....reckon I will hafta take a few measures to get it off and have a useable lens!

also a nice 'hippie' strap

Last edited by Aaron28; 02-14-2020 at 05:31 PM.
02-15-2020, 05:47 AM - 1 Like   #18906
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ehrwien Quote
Have you gotten yours yet? Mine's here already. Haven't taken a single pic at an aperture other than 1.2 with it yet
Mines mostly on F2. Much sharper, good transition to OOF and still benefit of bright viewfinder.... just two clicks to the right.....
02-15-2020, 06:15 AM - 2 Likes   #18907
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
5 pack of Ilford HP 5 Plus 400 B/W 36 exposures arrived yesterday

they expire Sept 02 2023

02-15-2020, 08:49 AM - 7 Likes   #18908
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I've been looking to add a Super-Takumar or SMC Takumar 135/2.5 to my lens addiction collection. Clean examples with caps have been selling (completed sales and auctions) for $100 to over $150 plus shipping. I've bid on a few, but tap out at around $125 because I do not need another 135mm! So, watching the new listings, I spy a Pentax Spotmatic estate sale find with five lenses, two flash, and bag with a starting bid of $129 and $28.75 shipping. Also had the 'best offer' option. I offered $110 plus shipping for the lot, figuring the seller would decline since it was less than 24 hours into the auction. They accepted my offer. Now, the sellers photos were fairly poor but his description said the camera sounded good and 'clicky’ with very clean lenses. I received the package yesterday and was hoping I didn't get burned (like my two attempts to buy an Asahi Pentax K in repairable condition).

Must say the seller was a little off on his description. EVERYTHING is nearly MINT except the chrome on the Spotmatic. No dust in any of the lenses, no cleaning marks, functionally perfect and the cases are nearly mint. The Spotmatic has been CLA'd at some point and is very nice. (Yeah, like I needed another Spotmatic I have five that work now). Even both flashes actually work. The camera bag, though an inexpensive model, is clean and would bring $10 in a thrift store. The lenses are: Super Takumars 50/1.4 with caps & case, 35/3.5 with caps & case, 135/2.5 with hood, caps & case, Osawa MKII MC 35-105/3.5-4.5 macro and a Accura Diamatic 300mm f/5.6 with caps & case. Also received a rubber hood for the 50mm and the classic Pentax pocket guide from 1967.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-r  Photo 

Last edited by steamloco76; 02-16-2020 at 03:40 AM.
02-15-2020, 09:44 AM   #18909
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by steamloco76 Quote
I've been looking to add a Super-Takumar or SMC Takumar 135/2.5 to my lens addiction collection. Clean examples with caps have been selling (completed sales and auctions) for $100 to over $150 plus shipping. I've bid on a few, but tap out at around $125 because I do not need another 135mm! So, watching the new listing I spy a Pentax Spotmatic estate sale find with five lenses, two flash, and bag with a starting bid of $129 and $28.75 shipping. Also had the 'best offer' option. I offered $110 plus shipping for the lot figuring the seller would decline since it was less than 24 hours into the auction. They accepted my offer. Now, the sellers photos were fairly poor but his description said the camera sounded good and 'click' with very clean lenses. I received the package yesterday and was hoping I didn't get burned (like my two attempts to buy an Asahi Pentax K in repairable condition).

Must say the seller was a little off on his description. EVERYTHING is nearly MINT except the chrome on the Spotmatic. No dust in any of the lenses, no cleaning marks, functionally perfect and the cases are nearly mint. The Spotmatic has been CLA'd at some point and is very nice. (Yeah, like I needed another Spotmatic I have five that work now). Even both flashes actually work. The camera bag, though an inexpensive model, is clean and would bring $10 in a thrift store. The lenses are: Super Takumars 50/1.4 with caps & case, 35/3.5 with caps & case, 135/2.5 with hood, caps & case, Osawa MKII MC 35-105/3.5-4.5 macro and a Accura Diamatic 300mm f/5.6 with caps & case. Also received a rubber hood for the 50mm and the classic Pentax pocket guide from 1967.
Nice set!
02-15-2020, 09:45 AM   #18910
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I've been looking to add a Super-Takumar or SMC Takumar 135/2.5 to my lens addiction collection. Clean examples with caps have been selling (completed sales and auctions) for $100 to over $150 plus shipping. I've bid on a few, but tap out at around $125 because I do not need another 135mm! So, watching the new listing I spy a Pentax Spotmatic estate sale find with five lenses, two flash, and bag with a starting bid of $129 and $28.75 shipping. Also had the 'best offer' option. I offered $110 plus shipping for the lot figuring the seller would decline since it was less than 24 hours into the auction. They accepted my offer. Now, the sellers photos were fairly poor but his description said the camera sounded good and 'click' with very clean lenses. I received the package yesterday and was hoping I didn't get burned (like my two attempts to buy an Asahi Pentax K in repairable condition).

That is definitely a score. Not often you get such a cache of near-pristine equipment of that age.
02-15-2020, 12:43 PM - 1 Like   #18911
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Following the recent acquisition of the X-T1 in super nick for £260, a battery grip £40 and new Meike 35mm f1.4 £100 are on their way to me. The Meike is a bit of a gamble but I have already owned their 50mm f1.7, which is pretty decent in both build and IQ, for 9 months or so, so hopefully it should pay off.
The X-T1 is sooo much better at manual focus over the XE2s I own, I think I will concentrate using the X-T1 with MF lenses and the XE2s with the Fuji XF 27mm f2.8.
02-15-2020, 12:53 PM   #18912
Pentaxian

I have had an Osawa 80-205 from new, in K mount. Does anyone know anything more about the brand?
02-15-2020, 01:47 PM - 1 Like   #18913
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
Mines mostly on F2. Much sharper, good transition to OOF and still benefit of bright viewfinder.... just two clicks to the right.....
You’ll never need to change anything on that lens. That’s (f2) where mine is always.
02-15-2020, 01:55 PM - 2 Likes   #18914
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

FA*80-200/2.8 with all the trimmings and working PZ. I’ve thought about adding this lens several times in the past but this one is just too good to let go by. From a member who has Excellent gear, so I’m sure it will be good. Plus, maybe I can skip arms at the gym after I use this for a long outing .

I know I’m supposed to buy new stuff to keep Pentax alive, but I can use this on my MZ-S and I sold my bought-new D FA*70-200/2.8, so I feel justified. I’ll spend for K-new. (Selling all my current APSc gear except the DA35/2.8 Macro Limited).

Last edited by monochrome; 02-15-2020 at 02:29 PM.
02-15-2020, 04:05 PM - 3 Likes   #18915
Veteran Member

Well, buying a KP (silver one) late last year has led to sellers remorse of my DA15 and DA21.... as I sorta committed to the K1 way at the time..... so.... just bought a silver HD DA 21 new (15% off special at dcxpert ebay store) for $550 Aust. The 21 was my favourite travel lens for crop... with the 43 and DA 10-17....and a 300.