Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-21-2020, 07:09 AM - 1 Like   #18976
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
I'm wondering if the SMU info needs to be in a sticky...
My thoughts exactly when I saw that recent post and a tired sigh escaped me...

QuoteOriginally posted by brewmaster15 Quote
I picked up some film bodies over the last week .. two pz1p, a pz20, and a super program. I actually started out with the intent to pick up a MZ-S but I got gun shy and came across the others when GBA kicked even though I already own several copies. No regrets, its getting harder to find good condition Pz1ps at a decent price.
AL
I've been frightened off the MZ-S after reading on here that at least some may have the dreaded weak plastic mirror gear that the rest of the MZ series suffer from. The earlier AF bodies are far better built than the MZs. The SFXn has been my favourite until now but I'm using a recently-acquired Z-1 and it's also very nice - not quite so noisy and the 1/8000s max shutter speed is handy. It currently contains my second ever, and probably last ever, roll of Natura 1600, bought on my trip to Japan in 2017.

02-21-2020, 07:19 AM   #18977
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
it would certainly save time explaining what the terms " SMU " and "AMU " mean
02-21-2020, 07:25 AM   #18978
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote

I've been frightened off the MZ-S after reading on here that at least some may have the dreaded weak plastic mirror gear that the rest of the MZ series suffer from. The earlier AF bodies are far better built than the MZs. The SFXn has been my favourite until now but I'm using a recently-acquired Z-1 and it's also very nice - not quite so noisy and the 1/8000s max shutter speed is handy. It currently contains my second ever, and probably last ever, roll of Natura 1600, bought on my trip to Japan in 2017.
Same here on the MZ-s though it looks like if you find one starting with serial number 5 its probably got brass gears not the plastic ones... I looked at 5 on ebay, and at the time only one started with 5. Ive used the Pz1p for years and its an excellent camera.. so I opted for it over the mz-s this time.. at most you deal with the cracked plastic at the battery door but its minor and affects nothing... a small dab of jb weld fixes it..

I have a couple Sf1..loud! But fun to shoot.
Al
02-21-2020, 09:45 AM   #18979
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Had some luck in Portobello Road today - for £7 I got a working Weston Master II meter with case, a D.O. Industries 1" F2.8 Navitar slide projector lens, unfortunately with a dent on the rim and slight fungus, and a Ricoh XR Rikenon 2/50mm L which would be very nice if the aperture worked. I should make a reasonable profit despite their condition.

Nothing tomorrow since I'm going to be at a science fiction con all day, but I'm hoping that the weather will be good enough to hit some car boot fairs on Sunday.

02-21-2020, 11:31 AM   #18980
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by brewmaster15 Quote
Same here on the MZ-s though it looks like if you find one starting with serial number 5 its probably got brass gears not the plastic ones... I looked at 5 on ebay, and at the time only one started with 5. Ive used the Pz1p for years and its an excellent camera.. so I opted for it over the mz-s this time.. at most you deal with the cracked plastic at the battery door but its minor and affects nothing... a small dab of jb weld fixes it..

I have a couple Sf1..loud! But fun to shoot.
Al
I recently donated my SF-1 to my son who wants to get back into film. Solid camera.
02-21-2020, 08:29 PM - 2 Likes   #18981
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by degral Quote
Went on a binge and purchased 3 spotmatics. An F, ES and Japanese only Electro. Hopefully they all work.
nice! hopefully they will !!! have yet to see an electro for sale...…

have an F but the light meter sits at correct exposure so it's dead might be able to fix after removing the top plate I dunno.......and have the ES which seems to be in working order...it's so disappointing no metering in manual...but look forward to running a few rolls through it

Last edited by Aaron28; 02-21-2020 at 08:35 PM.
02-21-2020, 08:35 PM - 2 Likes   #18982
Pentaxian

smc takumar 35/f3.5 in nice condition look forward to using it on an ES for the automation.....

along with it came a foam padded brief case with some fd canon lens and extension tube set.....reckon I could try it out on an FTb I have gotten from a cousin......a flash but the batteries are corroded shut in it.....a winder but the FTb does not accept one.....a wimpy rocket blower with brush....shutter release cable....and a few filters with a 52-55 step up ring

02-22-2020, 06:12 AM - 3 Likes   #18983
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Couldn't leave this one be for twenty euro's

02-22-2020, 07:50 AM - 1 Like   #18984
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

in the past few months I have acquired several Pentax SLR camera bodies:

first the Z 1 so I could use my FA Limiteds [ 43mm and 77mm ] as designed

then I grabbed a ME Super since my dad used one

finally I got a Super Program because of the price and how it looked

then I figured out that the lenses I had to use with them were all primes and the " longest " was my SMC Pentax-A 135mm F2.8

I had a Vivitar Series 1 70-210mm F2.8-4 Macro Zoom PKA ( Komine ) but gave it way when I went digital

then I found another with a Hoya 62mm UV [ O ] filter and an original hood both from Ebay

Vivitar Series 1 70-210mm F2.8-4 Version 3 (komine)

Read more at: https://www.pentaxforums.com/userreviews/vivitar-70-210mm-f2-8-4-version-3.html#ixzz6Eh9HSOT0

Vivitar Series 1 70-210mm Line

Read more at: https://www.pentaxforums.com/userreviews/vivitar-series-1-70-210-line.html
[ SMU used for scale ]
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 

Last edited by aslyfox; 02-22-2020 at 08:18 AM.
02-22-2020, 10:39 AM   #18985
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
If and when it happens I want to be at ground zero.
I'm confident the rest of you will envy me later.

Chris
Al Yankovic did a song about that..

02-22-2020, 01:45 PM - 1 Like   #18986
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Got a new camera bag, a Ruggard Onyx 45. It's a bit too big for the camera gear I'm putting in there, but for the price I'm pretty much "eh, I'll deal with it".
02-22-2020, 02:44 PM - 1 Like   #18987
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Benz3ne Quote
This was actually my older brother’s concern with Brexit and potential reductions in supply of insulin.
Then again, we’re all spoiled with free drugs here.
Free for diabetics. Not free for me, I pay a standard charge because I have a normal job.
02-22-2020, 05:20 PM   #18988
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
Couldn't leave this one be for twenty euro's

Cool! I will be getting a Zenit (something) from my Russian in-laws. Great photos.
02-22-2020, 06:59 PM   #18989
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
Vivitar Series 1 70-210mm F2.8-4 Version 3 (komine)
nice lens! have the exact....ferget what I paid prolly too much.....and it's intention is with film as well
02-22-2020, 07:07 PM   #18990
Pentaxian

Kodak Retina IIIc.....in nice condition the shutter is currently sluggish but sure to be remedied....a never ready case and tote case....unfortunate that the light meter is unresponsive reckon that's why a sekonic studio s was in its little kit......seems to have all it's filters for light measurements I dunno but it works!!

this completes the trifecta that I want for the retina series cameras.....although I need a good lens for the IIa