Show Printable Version 20314 Likes Search this Thread
03-09-2020, 03:03 PM   #19126
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by AggieDad Quote
Howdy!

I recently became the proud owner of two J&J Interocular lenses. They may also come under private label, but I don't think so.

They were a little pricey, but they are superb. They render colors a bit cooler than I am accustomed to with my other lenses and they are incredibly sharp. Focusing with my K-3ii is faster than I have ever experienced.

You haven't heard of the J&J Interocular? Well you won't find them at B&H or Adorama. They are specialty lenses. Your best bet for sourcing these incredible lenses is your friendly, local eye surgeon.

Yeah, I've been messing with you. I am talking about new lenses in my eyes after the removal of cataracts. But the description of what they are doing for me is dead accurate. It seems that cataracts not only cloud the vision, they also create an amber cast to colors. So colors are now both brighter and cooler. In fact, I will have to go back and look at my processed images to see if they are overly cool, as I may have thought the originals were warmer than they really were. And for the first time in 25 years I do not have to wear glasses when taking pictures. I can hold my eye right up to the camera. I even tried out a manual-focus 100mm lens that previously I have used only with my macro work.

I will be interested to see if there is any significant difference in my images once I become accustomed to these new lenses.
I caught on straight away. Amazing what they can do to keep us functional these days.

Oh, and congratulations!

03-09-2020, 03:44 PM   #19127
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Latest here is a Blackstone Tabletop Grill, 17". I was worried I might have gone too small but it's plenty big enough for my family of now 2. (Yay!)
Cooked breakfast on it Sunday after a good seasoning on Saturday. Then this morning a pound of bacon. My wife so appreciates the lack of lingering odors and the Nest alarm saying "There is smoke downstairs". The outdoor kitchen is coming together.

I would 100% recommend it.
03-09-2020, 07:02 PM - 3 Likes   #19128
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
I caught on straight away. Amazing what they can do to keep us functional these days.

Oh, and congratulations!
It truly is amazing. These days I am becoming almost bionic. There are five stents, two hearing aids, two replacement eye lenses, and who knows how many crowns in my mouth. Pretty soon I may have to go in for tune-ups and oil changes rather than doctors' visits. Amazingly, I still think I am in perfect health, which is sort of like thinking that a torn-in-half photo is whole because it has been repaired with Scotch Tape.
03-09-2020, 09:11 PM   #19129
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by AggieDad Quote
It truly is amazing. These days I am becoming almost bionic. There are five stents, two hearing aids, two replacement eye lenses, and who knows how many crowns in my mouth. Pretty soon I may have to go in for tune-ups and oil changes rather than doctors' visits. Amazingly, I still think I am in perfect health, which is sort of like thinking that a torn-in-half photo is whole because it has been repaired with Scotch Tape.
At this point, just call yerself "The 1 Million Dollar Man" from now on lol

03-09-2020, 09:58 PM - 1 Like   #19130
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bentou Quote
A lot of people are afraid of the covid-19 and don't buy Corona beer…
I heard a large slice of lime will render it safe to drink.

Chris
03-10-2020, 01:04 AM - 3 Likes   #19131
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
I heard a large slice of lime will render it safe to drink.

Chris
I did see a joke advert which said "Man with Corona virus seeks Woman with Lyme disease..."
03-10-2020, 02:06 AM - 3 Likes   #19132
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by disconnekt Quote
At this point, just call yerself "The 1 Million Dollar Man" from now on lol
I’m feeling like Colonel Steve Austin lately myself. It is one year ago this month the doctor reworked the osteotomy on my right foot.

Attached Images

03-10-2020, 03:05 AM - 4 Likes   #19133
Pentaxian

On the right, a nearly new in the box Krokus 69 enlarger with a Nikkor 50/4 lens, plus filters, trays, paper, tongs, bottle, and bulbs ... all for 30€ purchased in Poitiers via "Le Bon Coin" site. I also purchased a mint Canon AE-1 Program with a FD 50/1.8 plus case for 20€ from the same person. I will post the Canon later.

Here, my new Krokus 69 (again on the right) is in my photo club's darkroom. I was looking for parts for the Krokus 69 in the middle of this image. It was donated to the club last month and I repaired it plus cleaned it up a lot ... it was stored in a barn with a Krokus 44 enlarger (also donated) which is just a pile of parts, unfortunately.

I was looking for missing/replacement parts for the club's Krokus 69 ... a missing filter support tray and a broken glass plane in negative holder. So, I stumbled upon the my Krokus 69 ... now I can fabricate a filter tray for the club and replace the broken glass because there's an extra piece with my Krokus.

The silver Krokus 69 on the left is mine and loaned to the club while I paint and finish my home darkroom.

Here's some more images of our darkroom ... there's a seperate small room for total darkness film loading, etc.

03-10-2020, 06:20 AM - 7 Likes   #19134
Pentaxian

I picked this up this morning. Haven't had much time to use it so far but it's in great condition and sharp wide open, at least in the centre.

I thought I'd probably never own an FA Limited but this is the one that appeals to me most as I can use it as a standard lens on film too. It's silver, unfortunately, but they don't come up for sale very often around these parts, this one's in great condition and I wrangled the price down to €400. Apart from being ugly on a black camera, the colour runs the risk of making the Mrs notice that a new lens has appeared.

IMG7268a
by Jonathan MacDonald, on Flickr

IMG7273a

IMG7282a
03-10-2020, 09:15 AM - 4 Likes   #19135
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Well I just made an impulse buy. Even violated my self imposed boycott of K-mount products pending their new camera. On their US website they have refurbished DA 300mm f4 lenses for $599. This is fortunate because a cute little Munchkin just delivered 3 boxes of SMU's a few days ago. I love it when happy coincidences come together.
03-10-2020, 09:59 AM   #19136
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
Well I just made an impulse buy. Even violated my self imposed boycott of K-mount products pending their new camera. On their US website they have refurbished DA 300mm f4 lenses for $599. This is fortunate because a cute little Munchkin just delivered 3 boxes of SMU's a few days ago. I love it when happy coincidences come together.
can't have one without the other...
03-10-2020, 10:06 AM - 2 Likes   #19137
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
can't have one without the other...
Yin & yang ...

03-10-2020, 11:50 AM   #19138
Pentaxian

Found another cheap Zuiko Digital 14-42 3.5-5.6 (for 4/3, not micro 4/3) with hood and caps for £15 in a CEX shop, and bought a Sigma AF Zoom lens 28-70mm for Nikon from Oxfam's online store for £15.99 including P&P, should get that later this week.

And received another job lot I'd actually forgotten I'd bought, a bunch of lenses for £28 including delivery:

Vivitar 2x teleconverter for Canon FD - good condition with caps
Vivitar 2x matched multiplier for 70-150 FD mount - fungus, too far gone to be worth cleaning - binned
Sigma 35-80 4-5.6 for Eos, clean but has the Error 99 bug on DSLRs which I was expecting - I'll bundle it with the next 35mm body I sell.
Steinheil(?) 100-200 5.6 for Minolta MD with caps, hood, and UV - good condition, despite the name it's a Japanese lens
Tokina 200mm 3.5 for OM - good condition
Prinz 200mm 3.5 for Minolta MD - good condition
Consina 135 3.5 for PK M - slight fungus in front
Fujifilm wide conversion lens with a mounting tube for some sort of bridge camera - OK with caps and a storage pouch
and a Sigma 135 3.5 for FD - also good.
plus a couple of caps, another skylight filter, and yet another blasted Cokin filter holders. I think those things breed, like coat hangers...

So two out of nine with fungus and the rest working well isn't bad, I probably won't make a huge profit but I ought to come out ahead.
03-10-2020, 01:49 PM   #19139
Pentaxian

"Apart from being ugly on a black camera" a matter of taste, Jonathan, I quite like the retro look.
A good score though. May look better on a silver MX or ME...
03-10-2020, 02:09 PM   #19140
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
. . . This is fortunate because a cute little Munchkin just delivered 3 boxes of SMU's a few days ago. I love it when happy coincidences come together.
delivery of the SMU was a few days ago and enough are still around that you can use them to measure the lens ? :confused

Last edited by aslyfox; 03-10-2020 at 02:14 PM.