Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20312 Likes Search this Thread
03-18-2020, 05:39 AM - 1 Like   #19246
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
There is always calesthenics.

Push ups, sit ups, jumping jacks, running in place . . . .

No equipment required.
And if you want equipment, there is surely a staircase available. So many exercises with or without equipment involve fighting the Law of Gravity.

NEW EQUIPMENT TO BE DELIVERED: A power & charging cord for my laptop. Late last week the original got caught in one of the scissor joints of the reclining chair i use. OOPS! Fortunately the delivery was in progress before AMAZON imposed some delivery restrictions because of the corona virus.

03-18-2020, 05:49 AM - 1 Like   #19247
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
There is always calesthenics.

Push ups, sit ups, jumping jacks, running in place . . . .

No equipment required.
only incentive

I've always been dumb

never could work out on my own

had to be part of a group

my local gym is now closed until further notice
QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
And if you want equipment, there is surely a staircase available. So many exercises with or without equipment involve fighting the Law of Gravity.

NEW EQUIPMENT TO BE DELIVERED: A power & charging cord for my laptop. Late last week the original got caught in one of the scissor joints of the reclining chair i use. OOPS! Fortunately the delivery was in progress before AMAZON imposed some delivery restrictions because of the corona virus.
simple exercises

get up from a kitchen chair

you are moving your body weight

climbing stairs

position your back against a wall while sitting and hold

lifting milk jugs filled of water

Question: How much does a gallon of water weigh?

QuoteQuote:
Ever wonder how much a gallon of water weighs? A US gallon is 8.34 lbs or 3.78 kg. (David Mulder)

Answer: A US gallon of water weighs 8.34 lbs or 3.78 kg at 62 °F (17 °C). An imperial gallon (UK) weighs 10.022 lbs or 4.546 kg, at its most dense temperature, which is 2.20456 lbs / L at 4 °C or 39 °F . . .
How Much Does a Gallon of Water Weigh? Easy Calculation

Last edited by aslyfox; 03-18-2020 at 06:01 AM.
03-18-2020, 06:54 AM   #19248
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
No clue. But a litre of water is 1 kg. In fact the definition of a litre is the volume of 1 kg of water.
03-18-2020, 07:01 AM   #19249
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Not going to be doing much buying for a while except possibly on line - it looks like everything is shutting down considerably, and since I'm in the at-risk health and age groups I'm going to be pulling my horns in a bit.

But I just fell in love with something I have no intention of buying, it looks really cool but unfortunately I really don't need it at all and already have WAY too much techno-junk in the house...

ASAHI PENTAX REPRONAR 805/113000 | eBay

---------- Post added 03-18-20 at 07:11 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
No clue. But a litre of water is 1 kg. In fact the definition of a litre is the volume of 1 kg of water.
One of the reasons why I'm a fan of the metric system is that I was bought up mostly using pounds etc. and always had a lot of trouble visualising the units, especially mass. Fortunately they switched from mixed Imperial and Metric to Metric the year before I started doing Physics, and suddenly I could see that e.g. a metric ton was a box a meter on a side full of water. It's even close to the old imperial unit - about 16 kilos out, which is negligible for a lot of purposes.

03-18-2020, 07:15 AM   #19250
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
only incentive

I've always been dumb

never could work out on my own

had to be part of a group

my local gym is now closed until further notice
simple exercises

get up from a kitchen chair

you are moving your body weight

climbing stairs

position your back against a wall while sitting and hold

lifting milk jugs filled of water

Good ideas!

Stairs can definitely provide a good work out.

And if the ≈8 pounds of a gallon jug of water aren't heavy enough, then fill the jug with wet sand. That will more than double the weight.

We've got a couple of stationary bikes in the basement set up in front of a surplus computer screen. An iPad connected to the screen lets us watch YouTube videos of long bicycle rides. There's tons of great cycling videos ranging from people's leisurely commutes in Amsterdam or New York City to scenic journeys in Italy, Utah, & Spain to serious training-focused videos that guide you on more intensive interval-training workouts.
03-18-2020, 07:20 AM - 1 Like   #19251
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by photoptimist Quote
We've got a couple of stationary bikes in the basement set up in front of a surplus computer screen. An iPad connected to the screen lets us watch YouTube videos of long bicycle rides. There's tons of great cycling videos ranging from people's leisurely commutes in Amsterdam or New York City to scenic journeys in Italy, Utah, & Spain to serious training-focused videos that guide you on more intensive interval-training workouts.
That sounds like torture to me. A big reason for cycling is to be outside in the fresh air.
03-18-2020, 07:20 AM - 1 Like   #19252
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Marcus Rowland Quote
One of the reasons why I'm a fan of the metric system is that I was bought up mostly using pounds etc. and always had a lot of trouble visualising the units, especially mass. Fortunately they switched from mixed Imperial and Metric to Metric the year before I started doing Physics, and suddenly I could see that e.g. a metric ton was a box a meter on a side full of water. It's even close to the old imperial unit - about 16 kilos out, which is negligible for a lot of purposes.
It's almost as if the metric system was logical in structure...

03-18-2020, 08:11 AM - 5 Likes   #19253
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I recently acquired some cylindrical stuff that is more and more difficult to find those days (even by the fact that there is a lot of supply of these but with panicking crowds...)

Anyway, take care because the Covid-19 way of infection is really that bad!

K-3 + K 135/2.5

Last edited by Jome; 07-22-2020 at 08:43 AM.
03-18-2020, 10:38 AM - 2 Likes   #19254
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

"A pint's a pound, the world around"

Steve
03-18-2020, 11:05 AM - 3 Likes   #19255
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
"A pint's a pound, the world around"
I think times have changed. When I was in London several years ago, I paid around 4 pounds for a pint.

- Craig
03-18-2020, 12:30 PM - 1 Like   #19256
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by c.a.m Quote
I think times have changed. When I was in London several years ago, I paid around 4 pounds for a pint.

- Craig
When I started drinking back in the early 80s I remember paying 56p for a pint!!
03-18-2020, 12:48 PM - 8 Likes   #19257
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just received this for the princely sum of 9.00 GBP incl. postage.

The *istDL2 was actually the first digital Pentax body I bought back when it first came out, so I have fond memories of it. The low price was due to leaky battery damage, which I figured wouldn’t be hard too deal with.

Sure enough, after a good clean and a freshly charged set of batteries it all fired up and is now fully functional.

Looks like I’m now set to start posing in the 6MP thread!
03-18-2020, 01:14 PM - 2 Likes   #19258
Pentaxian

Because I didn't have enough 200mm lenses yet and you can never let a cheap adaptall-2 lens go. The 200mm 1:3.5 04B

03-18-2020, 03:41 PM - 2 Likes   #19259
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
That sounds like torture to me. A big reason for cycling is to be outside in the fresh air.
Set up a pedestal fan above the tv screen and switch it on, Button1 for zephyr mode 2 for breeze and 3 for gale. Initiate oscillate mode for variable wind direction.

If you don't like riding against a head wind, set it up behind the bike to provide a tail wind.

---------- Post added 03-19-20 at 08:44 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by crossed-up Quote
The *istDL2 was actually the first digital Pentax body I bought back when it first came out,
Wow, this brings memories, this was my first DSLR back in 2006. Replaced it with a K20 and gave it to my son, dont know what happened to it after that.

I sold many photos i made with that camera.
03-19-2020, 12:23 AM   #19260
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jome Quote
I recently acquired some cylindrical stuff that is more and more difficult to find those days (even by the fact that there is a lot of supply of these but with panicking crowds...)

Anyway, take care because the Covid-19 way of infection is really that bad!

K-3 + K 135/2.5
How much is this in SMU? (Scout's mint cookies)