Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-23-2020, 09:46 AM   #19291
Veteran Member

Brandnew Pentax 35/2.4 available. Special price for you.

03-23-2020, 10:47 AM - 6 Likes   #19292
Veteran Member

Fiskars Rotary Cutter for fabric

I'm currently sewing medical masks and this tool just simplified the task.

03-23-2020, 01:46 PM - 1 Like   #19293
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
recently arrived: Sigma 50-150mm f2.8 and the DA 18-135 it is replacing:

I’ve had a Love/hate relationship with my DA18-135 ever since I bought it. Love the focal length range, AF speed and color rendering. Hate the odd and uneven softness toward the corners at wide settings and the distortion off center at longer lengths. I had retired the lens in favor of a Tamron 17-50 f2.8 Dii which I picked up last year on Marketplace. Good glass, craptastic AF and it just developed the dreaded loose screw syndrome.
03-23-2020, 03:28 PM   #19294
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ec-A focus screen arrived today for my K3. Just in time too as the UK Government has placed all under house arrest.

03-23-2020, 03:34 PM   #19295
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
My new little baby boi, Pentax ZX-L arrived on Saturday (the lens didnt come with the camera, already had the lens & put it on the camera to protect the mirror). A 4-pack of CR2 batterys I ordered should be thursday (maybe sooner) to put in it & test it.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
SM-T113  Photo 
03-23-2020, 03:57 PM   #19296
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by richard0170 Quote
Ec-A focus screen arrived today for my K3. Just in time too as the UK Government has placed all under house arrest.
Post office and delivery services should still be operating relatively normally.
03-23-2020, 04:15 PM   #19297
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Helios 1984 Quote
I'm currently sewing medical masks and this tool just simplified the task.
nice! sharp as hell...don't lose a finger!

QuoteOriginally posted by disconnekt Quote
My new little baby boi, Pentax ZX-L
sweet!!! have 2 that still work...one with a roll that needs to be finished!!! also have the AA grip which is quite nice and will pay for itself!! although I got it for a zx-50 which has died from the gear syndrome....the zx-l will be the only zx body I will ever get going forward.....sweet ass body and features!

03-23-2020, 05:15 PM   #19298
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Aaron28 Quote
nice! sharp as hell...don't lose a finger!
It's a game-changer! Don't worry, I'm used to sharp blades, I shave with a safety razor
03-23-2020, 05:29 PM   #19299
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
Handy little camera have around. It is an excellent B&W camera. In camera stitching works great for panoramic scenes. Can do neat little time lapse too. I do not use mine much, but I like it a lot. There is some shutter lag, but once you get the hang of the camera you can work around it. I got mine new for $220 off Amazon. They got a lot of negative comments about it when they first came out and the price plummeted as a result. Once you get the hang of them they are sweet little image capture devices. You will like the images.
Thanks for the input. I am walking around with it now on a gray day when I don't feel like wasting film. Strange feel on the day that Denver goes on lockdown. Ordered one of those cables to download directly to my phone.
03-23-2020, 06:36 PM   #19300
Veteran Member

Since last time I got a Bose Portable Home Speaker, a Bose Soundbar 500 and Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700. Will have to return them eventually, but I am rather impressed. They are far better than their reputation, and pretty well thought out. The sound is relatively neutral, compared to competitors. But what really, REALLY impressed me was the Headphones. If you need a set of decent headphones, these may be the ones to get. The sound quality is well balanced (more so than the WH-1000XM3 from Sony... which have more bass). The noise cancelling is rather good, though not as good as Sony. But the interface is better (like the transparency mode, which works eerily good... push a button and you hear what's around you as if you're not wearing anything), and if you are making phone calls a lot, then these are absolutely perfect. I can be driving at 150 km/h with the other person thinking I'm in a very, very quiet room. I can be vacuuming my flat without the other person noticing (just a little hum or so). Pure madness.

Will be adding a Denon Home 250 soon... had the Home 350 for a day, but there was a design flaw that lead to its premature death. Waiting for replacement, and I'm hoping Denon will pack in a warning to be really careful with the tripod mount.

My very latest acquisition is a 12 TB external drive that I'm waiting for and a Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Pro, which will go to my mother eventually. That phone has 6 cameras... one under the screen for the fingerprint, then one in the front with 32 MP and a 1/2.8" sensor (it does pixel binning for better low light performance). The main sensor is a 108 MP sensor with 1/1.33" and f1.7, so there'll be some DoF. Lots of pixel binning happening here too, and other processing. Should be quite interesting to see how that performs. The other cameras are a 20 MP ultra wide with f2.2 (which is quite fast for an ultra wide IHMO), a 2x lens with 12 MP, f2.0 and 1/2.55" sensor and an 8 MP sensor with 3.something x zoom. All of these but the ultra wide have optical image stabilization and PDAF it seems. And then there's (so they can say 4 cameras on the back) a 2 MP macro lens with a 1/5.0" sensor... I guess that one is pretty useless. But yeah, should be interesting. Of course there's also 4K video and an AMOLED screen, 256 GB of built in storage and 8 GB of RAM. And a massive battery.

And today I received a Herman Miller Mirra... my old, 25 year old office chair collapsed, so I needed replacement. And as I use it quite a lot and bad chairs give me back pain, I went all out. The Mirra is second hand, as new they are just way too expensive. It's hard to tell of course, but so far (having sat in it 9 hours with few breaks) I'm pretty happy.
03-23-2020, 06:43 PM   #19301
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

A new dishwasher to replace a 13 year old with failed electronic control board. The replacement would have cost 1/2 as much as the new one cost.
03-24-2020, 01:17 AM   #19302
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Just received a large and small packages (the 300 is here for the scale)...

Last edited by Jome; 07-22-2020 at 08:43 AM.
03-24-2020, 02:15 AM - 1 Like   #19303
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
the Sigma is internal focus, so it does not extend like the DA18-135....
I’ve never cared much for lenses that extend while focusing. Too much like those cheap point and shoot cameras that extend their lenses like Pinocchio’s nose.
03-24-2020, 02:33 AM - 3 Likes   #19304
Pentaxian

Sony A7 ii

Since I have a load of old manual FF lenses (Pentax, Adaptall, Sigma, Tokina), why not get a high-spec FF digital body, just for the enjoyment of seeing how well these lenses perform over the full width of their front glass?

So I bought a Sony with a Fotodiox PK-NEX adapter, and for comparison I show it with my M 40mm f2.8 mounted, and compare with my ME Super attached to M50mm f1.4. This is a much lighter and cheaper toy than fully committing to a K-1, for which I have very few matched lenses.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-m  Photo 
03-24-2020, 03:27 AM - 1 Like   #19305
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Benz3ne Quote
Post office and delivery services should still be operating relatively normally.
That's what is supposed to happen, but I was very nervous it would actually be the case. I have currently a mobile phone issue, but the service might as well be non-existent at the moment, as all forms of communication with the provider is problematic to say the least.