Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-25-2020, 05:06 AM   #19336
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Canada was already pretty laid back, and running at a slower pace.
Running at a slower pace? How so?

I see no way to understand that statement which makes it true.

03-25-2020, 05:09 AM - 1 Like   #19337
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
The Gitzo price was on a par, perhaps even slightly less than both RRS and ProMediaGear.
I wouldn't say those are the most common ground for comparison.

These are excellent products, but out of the price range for most people, so less discussed. That's all.
03-25-2020, 07:43 AM   #19338
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
I wouldn't say those are the most common ground for comparison.

These are excellent products, but out of the price range for most people, so less discussed. That's all.
Aye I see what you mean... for me I’m luckier than most it’s a business tool.

Last edited by Kerrowdown; 03-26-2020 at 04:21 PM.
03-25-2020, 09:12 AM - 1 Like   #19339
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mattb123 Quote
PNW or UK mountain bikers often have fenders because it is so wet in those places.
I have never used fenders, but have often wished I had after coming back fully wet and brown, top of helmet and face included, from forging through long mud bogs on bridle trails. (Yes, bridle as in horses and that which they leave on the trail.)

Steve

03-25-2020, 09:12 AM - 2 Likes   #19340
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by camera_nut Quote
On Ebay l was looking for a vintage radio station decal to stick up in the man cave room. Got this for 3usd. Cool Domino's pizza coupons good in the Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti area. That's where Domino's started in the early 60s. And l'm a driver for them now.
Ha! I used to listen to WIQB and grew up in Ann Arbor. I went to high school with the daughter of Tom and Margie Monaghan.
My mom was a personal trainer and chef specializing in healthy foods and she was Margie's trainer for a while which she said was an impossible job, lol.

---------- Post added 03-25-20 at 10:14 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I have never used fenders, but have often wished I had after coming back fully wet and brown, top of helmet and face included, from forging through long mud bogs on bridle trails. (Yes, bridle as in horses and that which they leave on the trail.)

Steve
I've wished for fenders in cattle country, that is for sure! It's a lot sloppier than what the horses leave...
03-25-2020, 09:38 AM   #19341
Pentaxian

[/COLOR]

I've wished for fenders in cattle country, that is for sure! It's a lot sloppier than what the horses leave...
Having lived in Western Canada cattle country for awhile...I know exactly what you mean.

---------- Post added 03-25-20 at 11:40 AM ----------

Steve
Yes they (horses) do. You are a practical man.
03-25-2020, 10:42 AM - 1 Like   #19342
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I got new shocks on my truck, part of a bill that ran to $3800 - timing belt, brake stuff plus lots of deferred maintenance. The truck had some exciting handling character with bad shocks. Now I'm waiting to buy some cheap gas and not drive anywhere.

In my downtime I've been watching videos on the Rivian R1T electric pickup. Not quite what I want but almost.

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
the Sigma is internal focus, so it does not extend like the DA18-135....
Pedantic: the DA 18-135 is IF but no one really notices because it extends to zoom.

03-25-2020, 12:58 PM - 3 Likes   #19343
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Purchased this little gadget recently. I usually take along a couple Allen wrenches in case one of the Arca-Swiss anti-twist bars, or safety screws, or screw that holds a plate to a camera body gets loose. Also, most of my flip-lever tripods have an Allen screw to tighten the flip-locks if required (very rarely happens). I saw this thing that has multiple metric Allen wrenches as well as Phillips, and slot screwdrivers and a T25 Torx. It's about 7.5 cm (2.75 inches) long. The only thing missing is a loop for attaching it to something to prevent, or lessen the chances of loss.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
DSC-RX100M6  Photo 
03-25-2020, 02:06 PM - 1 Like   #19344

Ha! I used to listen to WIQB and grew up in Ann Arbor. I went to high school with the daughter of Tom and Margie Monaghan.
My mom was a personal trainer and chef specializing in healthy foods and she was Margie's trainer for a while which she said was an impossible job, lol.

---------- Post added 03-25-20 at 10:14 AM ----------

Cool.
03-25-2020, 06:50 PM - 1 Like   #19345
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Jome Quote
It still doesn't work, no reaction from the motor or the red diode
dang....you could soak the tray in vinegar.....may get some stuff ya can't see......also the screws are very easy to get to if you care to dismantle for more cleaning
03-25-2020, 07:14 PM   #19346
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
Purchased this little gadget recently. I usually take along a couple Allen wrenches in case one of the Arca-Swiss anti-twist bars, or safety screws, or screw that holds a plate to a camera body gets loose. Also, most of my flip-lever tripods have an Allen screw to tighten the flip-locks if required (very rarely happens). I saw this thing that has multiple metric Allen wrenches as well as Phillips, and slot screwdrivers and a T25 Torx. It's about 7.5 cm (2.75 inches) long. The only thing missing is a loop for attaching it to something to prevent, or lessen the chances of loss.
I like small multi bit screwdrivers. One of the best I've got is a MEGAPRO Original screwdriver. It's pretty robust in build quality, has a nice variety of bits and has one bit in particular that I have nowhere else in my 'multitude of multitools' and just plain screwdrivers...a Torx # 10 bit.

Our son has an BMW F series G/S motorcycle and one of the screws that holds body panels over the battery cover requires a # 10 Torx bit. Couldn't believe how difficult this particular bit is to get...but fortunately it is in the MEGAPRO.

We've got the MEGAPRO multi bit screwdriver for each of our kids, because of it's quality and selection of bits. A good tool and made in the states.
03-26-2020, 12:02 PM - 1 Like   #19347
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
And with a very quick delivary from UsedPhotoPro, I present the Pentax FG Battery Grip attached on the Pentax ZX-L* (and SMC Pentax 55mm f1.8*) :-)

* = got these on ebay too, just from different sellers though
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
SM-T113  Photo 
03-26-2020, 12:32 PM - 1 Like   #19348
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by disconnekt Quote
And with a very quick delivary from UsedPhotoPro, I present the Pentax FG Battery Grip attached on the Pentax ZX-L* (and SMC Pentax 55mm f1.8*) :-)

* = got these on ebay too, just from different sellers though
UsedPhotoPro (aka Roberts Camera) is a great vendor, though I generally prefer to deal with them outside of eBay at

https://robertscamera.com/

or

Used Cameras and Used Camera Equipment For Sale | UsedPhotoPro

Steve
03-26-2020, 01:03 PM   #19349
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

UsedPhotoPro (aka Roberts Camera) is a great vendor, though I generally prefer to deal with them outside of eBay at

https://robertscamera.com/

or

Used Cameras and Used Camera Equipment For Sale | UsedPhotoPro

Steve

they are usually one of the three shops I'll browse through when I'm looking for something...
03-26-2020, 02:00 PM   #19350
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Time to wake up all my old SLR and My HP-11C... And they are all alive and kicking

By the way tried to fix the winder but it is far beyond repair, the leaking batteries have melted all the contacts and tiny wires attached to them.

Last edited by Jome; 07-22-2020 at 08:51 AM.