Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-28-2020, 06:13 AM   #19366
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
You try drinking from a Robert Burn's quote...

I looked at a lot of different glencairn glasses

some with trade marks, some with engravings

and was glad I found one with the Burns quote

03-28-2020, 06:38 AM - 1 Like   #19367
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
I looked at a lot of different glen cairn glasses
My favourites are the Glencairn official cut crystal whisky glasses.

AS shown here.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K20D  Photo 
03-28-2020, 07:44 AM   #19368
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
My favourites are the Glencairn official cut crystal whisky glasses.

AS shown here.
saw those but couldn't find any with quotes

and I didn't want my view of the Scotch obstructed in any way
03-28-2020, 08:53 AM   #19369
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

saw those but couldn't find any with quotes

and I didn't want my view of the Scotch obstructed in any way
With an old man's budget my OH liquids on stock are limited to a six pack of Grölsh lager and a bottle of Glenfidich 12 year.

03-28-2020, 09:11 AM   #19370
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
With an old man's budget my OH liquids on stock are limited to a six pack of Grölsh lager and a bottle of Glenfidich 12 year.
my wife has bought gifts for her staff during this crisis

she bought a bottle of Glenmorangie for one guy it is a highland single malt scotch

and the snob wanted something else

so now I am trying to resist telling her to tell the guy that if he doesn't want free single malt scotch he gets nothing

and trying it out myself

I don't have a single malt scotch from that region:

QuoteQuote:
Geographically, the world of single malts is divided into five regions. These regions are protected in UK law, to ensure that a Scotch that's labeled with a certain region is actually made in that region. The five regions are Speyside, the Lowlands, the Highlands, Islay, and Campbeltown. Don't invest too much meaning in these regions. Historically, they played a larger role in single malt variations than they do today. But people still speak of the regions, so it's worth a general, broad look at them.
The Serious Eats Guide to Single Malt Scotch | Serious Eats

currently I have Speyside [ Aberlour, Glenfiddich, and Glenlivet ] and Islay [ Laphroaig ] single malt scotch whiskies

BTW

my consumption of scotch has been slow all of the bottles, except for the Laphroaig which I bought last week has been in my house for years

Last edited by aslyfox; 03-28-2020 at 09:18 AM.
03-28-2020, 09:27 AM - 2 Likes   #19371
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

my wife has bought gifts for her staff during this crisis

she bought a bottle of Glenmorangie for one guy it is a highland single malt scotch

and the snob wanted something else
What an ass. "Never look a gift horse in the mouth"
QuoteQuote:

BTW

my consumption of scotch has been slow all of the bottles, except for the Laphroaig which I bought last week has been in my house for years
Our liquor stores no longer carry Pinch/Dimple. My brother and I, while he was still living in Canada, bought each other a bottle of Pinch 25 year blend every Christmas. We would sip it while I was losing at chess to him. Both were empty near the end of November each year. Good stuff is for sipping, not gulping.
03-28-2020, 09:38 AM   #19372
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

What an ass. "Never look a gift horse in the mouth"
Our liquor stores no longer carry Pinch/Dimple. My brother and I, while he was still living in Canada, bought each other a bottle of Pinch 25 year blend every Christmas. We would sip it while I was losing at chess to him. Both were empty near the end of November each year. Good stuff is for sipping, not gulping.
my thoughts exactly

03-28-2020, 10:52 AM - 1 Like   #19373
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

My birthday just went by. My son & D-I-L gave me two boxes of candy, a bottle of hand sanitizer and a roll of toilet paper.
BTW: We met Matt at a trail head and went for a walk with him, but we did not see his wife who works at a homeless shelter. Stereotyping & prejudice = the people she contacts are more likely to carry the virus. Just not so, but there are many of them, and they are out & about a lot. Several weeks earlier we were planning to have a meal out at a nice country restaurant, but...................
03-28-2020, 10:59 AM   #19374
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
My birthday just went by. My son & D-I-L gave me two boxes of candy, a bottle of hand sanitizer and a roll of toilet paper.
BTW: We met Matt at a trail head and went for a walk with him, but we did not see his wife who works at a homeless shelter. Stereotyping & prejudice = the people she contacts are more likely to carry the virus. Just not so, but there are many of them, and they are out & about a lot. Several weeks earlier we were planning to have a meal out at a nice country restaurant, but...................
Belated Happy Birthday Walt.Mine is next Saturday,strange times to be “celebrating”
03-28-2020, 11:24 AM - 1 Like   #19375
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by timb64 Quote
Belated Happy Birthday Walt.Mine is next Saturday,strange times to be “celebrating”

I was thinking - if celebrating my birthday is being postponed, can I also put off getting older?
03-28-2020, 11:37 AM   #19376
Pentaxian

I was thinking - if celebrating my birthday is being postponed, can I also put off getting older?
I had exactly that discussion with a friend and we agreed as compensation we will in fact deduct a year rather than add one, there have to be some positives
03-28-2020, 01:32 PM   #19377
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by timb64 Quote
I had exactly that discussion with a friend and we agreed as compensation we will in fact deduct a year rather than add one, there have to be some positives
I'm following my father's fine example. When it was favourable, he became dyslexic when stating his age. I'll be 08 in June.
03-28-2020, 03:14 PM   #19378
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I'm following my father's fine example. When it was favourable, he became dyslexic when stating his age. I'll be 08 in June.
By odd coincidence, I will also be 08 on June 8, and still capable of walking around with my Z and long lenses!
03-28-2020, 03:44 PM - 1 Like   #19379
Loyal Site Supporter

Great idea, that works for me!

That means on the 21st this month I can tell everyone I'm 66.

Hey wait.... :/
03-28-2020, 04:14 PM   #19380
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
Great idea, that works for me!

That means on the 21st this month I can tell everyone I'm 66.

Hey wait.... :/
Even worse for me I’d end up being 65!!!....Noooooooo!