Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-03-2020, 04:47 PM - 5 Likes   #19426
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
the one that landed yesterday...

here is the Zeiss next to the other 85mm I have, the Rokinon 85/1.4 - the Zeiss is replacing the Rokinon:

04-03-2020, 04:57 PM - 1 Like   #19427
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
I hope it was a gentle landing as opposed to a crash landing
04-03-2020, 04:59 PM - 1 Like   #19428
Veteran Member

And another one. Found a second K10d for pocket money.
No idea about shutter count yet, as long as the shutter fires it is not important.
Came with a 18-200 Sigma lens and a 50/1.4 Pentax MF lens.
Much fun for little money.
04-04-2020, 06:32 AM - 1 Like   #19429
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Another job lot of lenses at £48, some nice stuff and no duds:

Minolta AF 35-105 3.5-4.5
Canon EF 28-70 3.5-4.5
X-Fujinon 50/1.9
Image by Vivitar 28/2.8 for Minolta MD
and two Zuiko 75-150 for Olympus OM

If I can't make a profit on that lot I'll be very surprised.

04-04-2020, 07:25 AM - 3 Likes   #19430
Pentaxian

It’s my Birthday today and these two gifts will help ease the confinement

04-04-2020, 08:25 AM - 1 Like   #19431
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by timb64 Quote
It’s my Birthday today and these two gifts will help ease the confinement

Happy birthday !

I'm curious about the radio/ CD player (guessing). I'm not familiar with your new gift...what features does it have ?

---------- Post added 04-04-20 at 10:28 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote

here is the Zeiss next to the other 85mm I have, the Rokinon 85/1.4 - the Zeiss is replacing the Rokinon:

Your new Zeiss lens looks like a lovely lens and I'm sure you derive much pleasure from it.

I have but one Zeiss lens and it is permanently attached to my vintage Zeiss Ikon Super Ikonta B.

I'd be interested in reading your comments regarding how your Rokinon compares to the Zeiss.
04-04-2020, 09:20 AM   #19432
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
Happy birthday !

I'm curious about the radio/ CD player (guessing). I'm not familiar with your new gift...what features does it have ?
Thanks

Full details here

Trinity D3 | Best of British Audio

So far I’m very pleasantly surprised by the sound quality for the price.

04-04-2020, 12:08 PM - 1 Like   #19433
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by timb64 Quote
Thanks

Full details here

Trinity D3 | Best of British Audio

So far I’m very pleasantly surprised by the sound quality for the price.

I checked it out via the link and it looks to be an excellent radio. Like the look of it and also that it plays CD, in addition to the other features. Lot of long time enjoyment with that radio, I would predict.

I am a bit of a radio fan myself, and back in 2008 bought a Grace Internet radio, which I'm quite pleased with. It brings in over 20,000 + stations (haven't counted, going by the company advertising ) and I can listen to everything from different localized BBC stations to pretty close to anything in North America and for that matter the rest of the world. I pick up specialized stations that include '30's radio mysteries, old coast to coast with Art Bell, classical, jazz, etc.

There's nothing like listening to an old mystery radio show...or favourite music...after midnight when all is quiet and all is dark...with the only light being on, just the faint blue glow of a radio.

Grace Digital – Internet Radios
04-04-2020, 01:10 PM   #19434
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

treated myself to some Black Bush (R) Irish Whiskey

QuoteQuote:
Bushmills BLACK BUSH Irish Whiskey combines an exceptionally high amount of malt whiskey married with a lighter grain whiskey, and then matured in former Oloroso Sherry and Bourbon casks. This unique recipe means BLACK BUSH has rich, fruity notes and a deep intense character, balanced by an incredibly unique smoothness. It’s best enjoyed neat, over ice, or in classic cocktails. The most seasoned of Irish whiskey drinkers know, you can’t beat BLACK BUSH.
Black Bush - Bushmills Irish Whiskey

QuoteQuote:
Bushmills Black Bush Bottling Note
If you've been in a bar (any bar, really), you've more than likely seen a bottle of this on the shelf. One of the most well-known Irish blends, Bushmills Black Bush features a lot of sherried malt in its recipe, alongside classically caramel-y grain whiskey. Suitable for enjoying neat, but it can also be used in whiskey cocktails that call for dark fruit sweetness...

Tasting Note by The Chaps at Master of Malt
Nose: Over-ripe grape and light citrus on the nose. A touch of toffee and peanut.

Palate: Vanilla and milk bottle sweeties. Dried peels, chamomile tea and cinnamon sticks.

Finish: Digestive biscuit, cooked plum and orange oil
Bushmills Black Bush Whiskey - Master of Malt
04-04-2020, 01:21 PM - 1 Like   #19435
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Toy snail for still life projects I am planning to fill in time during house arrest
04-04-2020, 04:09 PM - 1 Like   #19436
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by richard0170 Quote
Toy snail for still life projects I am planning to fill in time during house arrest
Also, digging out old toys will provide a hobby target for lifetime hoarders with good closeup lenses. This last week, I have found the box with my 1960s Matchbox cars and Triang trainset, and I am very tempted to start taking pictures of them all.
04-04-2020, 04:23 PM - 1 Like   #19437
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Gary H Perth Quote
Also, digging out old toys will provide a hobby target for lifetime hoarders with good closeup lenses. This last week, I have found the box with my 1960s Matchbox cars and Triang trainset, and I am very tempted to start taking pictures of them all.
I'm hoping my parents still have all my old Lego in their roof space
04-04-2020, 08:49 PM - 1 Like   #19438
Veteran Member

I dug out my kids lego months ago and use it to support a number of macro projects and it comes in very handy. As for the cars and trainset, you could have hours of fun with that Gary, I look forward to seeing the images.

My latest "acquisition" if you can call it that are a number of caterpillars. I noticed them devouring my potted orange tree, so instead of just getting rid of them I did some digging and found out you can actually rear them in captivity as it were. I now have two coffee jars on my work desk with various leaves and as last count six papilio anactus (dainty swallowtail} of various sizes. The largest one (Eric} has already featured in a number of his own photoshoots, and if I play my cards right he could make his own "caterpillar to butterfly" calendar.
04-05-2020, 01:33 AM   #19439
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Liney Quote
My latest "acquisition" if you can call it that are a number of caterpillars.
In addition to the toy snail have been toy slugs and spiders and flies. Off cuts of wall paper with butterflies, which subsequently I have cut around and suspended from cotton and most lifelike off all fake maggots usually used as fishing bait. All are proving useful in still life inspired by classic Dutch still life paintings. Adouble flash set up with homemade snoots and diffusers helps immensely with lighting.

A lifelike toy caterpillar would be awesome!

Last edited by richard0170; 04-05-2020 at 01:34 AM. Reason: ommission
04-05-2020, 02:45 AM - 2 Likes   #19440
Pentaxian

Well I sort of unwittingly bought a Sigma 18-35mm Art for $285 off of eBay. Unwittingly because I bid on the lens with about 30 seconds or so left expecting someone else to bid on it before the timer ran out but no one else did. At least it's a decent deal for a lens listed as new.