Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-05-2020, 12:33 PM - 1 Like   #19801
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Benz3ne Quote
Sigma Super-Wide II
Mine is AF,its next in line after yours.Mine is lots of fun.The day I impulse bought the K-1 I was driving to the beach house and thinking that I didnt have a FF lens in the Pentax bag.When i looked in the bag the SW 24 was in there.So popped it on and walked to the beach after the sun was down,a great experience.

06-05-2020, 03:43 PM - 1 Like   #19802
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Wow I've been slacking on this thread.
Most recently acquired a Godox SL60 - W LED video light, a Neewer Bowens adapter to mount my softbox to the Godox light and an extension cable (10 ft) to run from my mic pre-amp/mixer to my K-3 when I'm doing my YouTube vids.
Also, an 8 GB stick of ram and a 500 GB NAND 3D SSD for my laptop (now it's a 12 GB blazing fast i5 system). Other than that, just some software purchases (Affinity Photo and Corel VideoStudio 2020 Ultimate) to go with the new found abilities of my laptop (I usually use my Xeon 8 Core Workstation but really wanted to be able to use the laptop for convenience as well).
06-05-2020, 03:56 PM - 3 Likes   #19803
Pentaxian

After much deliberation I’ve decided to replace my DA55-300WR with the newer PLM model for the KP I bought last December.I appreciate in overall IQ terms there won’t be much difference but the AF of the older lens is still noisy and iffy and the newer lens will focus closer,which will be great for pseudo macro work.

Recently got back pay on a pay rise from earlier this year and a good p/x deal on my lens (at least that’s how I justify it to myself and SWMBO!)

Pics to follow,obviously!
06-06-2020, 04:23 AM - 3 Likes   #19804
Veteran Member

An as new 60 year old Hasselblad Sonnar lens that was never serviced in those sixty years.

There are no traces of prior use. My experienced repair man checked the lens, he can not find any traces of prior service.
What is even more rare: the slow shutter speeds function without any sign of delay.

06-06-2020, 05:18 AM   #19805
Loyal Site Supporter

A Sigma 2x TC, APO EX DG, intended to pair with my Sigma 70-200 APO DG.

It's a horrid day here in Central Florida, rainy dark and dreary. Canceled a dark theme portrait shoot I had hoped to squeeze in so instead playing with the Sigma pair. I'm actually impressed that in such poor light it's working quite well. Tougher decision now whether to keep this or the Tamron 70-200 with the matched 1.4x TC. Silly to keep both.

I'll post pictures from this pair in a separate thread later this morning.
06-06-2020, 05:27 AM - 2 Likes   #19806
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by timb64 Quote
After much deliberation I’ve decided to replace my DA55-300WR with the newer PLM model for the KP I bought last December.I appreciate in overall IQ terms there won’t be much difference but the AF of the older lens is still noisy and iffy and the newer lens will focus closer,which will be great for pseudo macro work.

Recently got back pay on a pay rise from earlier this year and a good p/x deal on my lens (at least that’s how I justify it to myself and SWMBO!)

Pics to follow,obviously!
I'm trying to come up with some justification for at least the FA85 1.4. Would love to have the new D FA, but it's just not happening since I'm struggling with a reason for even the far cheaper FA outside of "I want it" which doesn't sit well with the wife. When I bought my K-1 a few weeks back it cost me new bedroom decor

EDIT: So this is weird...
After a couple of drinks the justification is so much easier. FA85 on the way. :0

You'll love the new 55-300 PLM if you're into nature. It's a far different animal than the previous one. The time to focus will shock you the first couple of times you use it.

Last edited by gatorguy; 06-06-2020 at 05:25 PM.
06-06-2020, 06:25 PM - 2 Likes   #19807
Veteran Member

Latest acquisition if I may call it so is a new work laptop. MacBook Pro 15.4, i9 (the octacore), 32 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD. And a USB-C adapter that has ethernet, outputs 4K at 60 Hz, does passthrough charging and has 2 USB ports. It's surprising how rare these are (with 60 Hz). Thank god I didn't have to pay.

06-06-2020, 07:02 PM - 4 Likes   #19808
Pentaxian

LBABA
Lens Body Adapter Buying Addiction[B]

I mentioned recently that I have extended my LBA to LBABA by jumping headfirst into the world of M42 lenses. I have bought several attached to camera bodies, and i have also bought a Sony A7ii to use them full frame. And then I asked "why not have one high-tech Sony lens matched to that new body", hence a Sony lens. I have obtained the Australian standard measuring unit (AusMU, determined on Australia Day 2019) the Tim Tam choc-coated biscuit so I am now able to show these new additions.
Lenses L-R:
Meyer Optik Gorlitz Orestagor 200mm present in unmarked condition, arrived Wednesday. Too many blades to count
Jupiter 37A 135mm in very good used condition, arrived a week ago. 15 Blades I think
Helios 44M-4 58mm f2 in perfect condition, came with the Zenit 12 XP body
Pentacon 50mm f1.8 in very good condition and very clean optically, attached to the Praktica TL body
Yashica Yashinon DS 50mm f1.9
Industar 50-2 50mm f3.5 - bought for interest and fun, supposed to be very sharp in flat lighting conditions (but I cannot find a 35.5mm cap for it unless I pay more than I paid for the lens.
Eyemik (possibly a rebadged Mitakon) 28mm f2.8 with a metl screw-in lens cap.
And the modern Sony 24-70mm f4 Zeiss zoom)
Adapters - so far two M42-Sony adapters un-named brand and one Fotodiox brand, one Fotodiox PK-Sony, and one Gobe PKA-Sony. I also have one M42-PK cheapy adapter that I use to put the M42 lenses onto my Pentax K-m CCD sensor.

---------- Post added 06-06-20 at 07:23 PM ----------

BTW, the K-m seems to struggle with dominant blacks when using flash.

Edit - operator error. As Fluegel pointed out, I was using the flash in Manual mode with a manual lens, hence exposure is way off - but you can see the lenses well enough.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-m  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-m  Photo 

Last edited by Gary H Perth; 06-08-2020 at 04:57 AM.
06-06-2020, 09:25 PM - 2 Likes   #19809
dbs
Pentaxian

Buying stuff during these weird times .... ah .. what the --

Sigma 120 - 400.
waiting for some sun

Dave
06-07-2020, 12:24 AM - 1 Like   #19810
Pentaxian

Yesterday I ordered a used two-spiral film developing tank, which will be my third (one Paterson and two APs) as it was cheaper than buying a couple of spirals on their own. They'll come in handy if I decide to get the Paterson five-reel tank I have my eye on.
06-07-2020, 03:07 AM - 3 Likes   #19811
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Sewing machine acquisition

My latest acquisition is not really very photographic or photogenic either for that matter, a high-end Pfaff 2140 Creative sewing machine with all the attachments and goodies that I found second hand for my wife in mint condition at about 20% of the new price. She is happy, my wife, I mean.
06-07-2020, 04:02 AM - 1 Like   #19812
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
After much deliberation and soul searching as to whether or not to buy a Voigtlander 40mm in Pentax mount, I pulled the trigger today on a Voigtlander 75mm f2.5 Heliar in F mount! Still waiting for the right 40mm in Pentax to become available.
06-07-2020, 04:12 AM   #19813
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Gary H Perth Quote
LBABA
Lens Body Adapter Buying Addiction[B]

[/COLOR]BTW, the K-m seems to struggle with dominant blacks when using flash

The K-m does not fail with dominant blacks, it is you. Sorry for that.

The flash registers the amount of light reflected from the subject based on the 18% reflection that is expected from a standard grey card.
In case of dominant blacks the system fails because not enough light is reflected resulting in overexposed images.
The photographer is to correct this by manually adjust the flash output.
06-07-2020, 04:14 AM   #19814
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Gave in to the temptation of a bargain = Olympus 40~150mm f4-5.6 for MFT (FF FOV equivalent to 80~300mm), $100 new. Needed it like another 3/8 X 16 to 1/4 X 20 adapter, but could not resist at the price. Petite lens.
06-07-2020, 04:33 AM - 1 Like   #19815
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Fluegel Quote
The K-m does not fail with dominant blacks, it is you. Sorry for that.

The flash registers the amount of light reflected from the subject based on the 18% reflection that is expected from a standard grey card.
In case of dominant blacks the system fails because not enough light is reflected resulting in overexposed images.
The photographer is to correct this by manually adjust the flash output.
Fair call Fluegel. No need to be sorry, thanks for sending me back to check what I did.

I checked the camera and the dial was partway between M and A so I guess camera did what the M setting expected, rather than what I should have done. I don't recall which lens I used but could have been a M 35mm stopped down, in which case I chose the wrong lens as well as wrong camera setting.

One of the risks of LBABA is forgetting what needs operator intervention.