Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20312 Likes Search this Thread
08-02-2020, 06:25 AM - 14 Likes   #20236
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Two days before my wife's $2,000 medical sleep/lift recliner suffered an unrepairable (due to parts unavailability blamed on or nemesis of 2020, COVID 19), I gambled on a FB marketplace listing of a SMC-A 35mm, f/2.0 W/caps & Case as new, no box. $100 negotiable. One lousy photo. Guy said it was perfect when I PM'd him.
Offered $100 shipped. He accepted and shipped USPS Insured. He is only 330 miles away. Package took two weeks to get from southern NY to Western PA.

The lens arrived yesterday and it is PERFECT! I do not think it had ever been mounted on a camera. I owned this lens in my photojournalism days and stupidly, I sold it in the early 2000's. Mistake rectified!
Test shots with lens posted in the A photos page.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 

Last edited by Racer X 69; 08-02-2020 at 02:56 PM.
08-02-2020, 07:54 AM - 2 Likes   #20237
Pentaxian

super multi coat takumar 135/f3.5.........rounds out a nice kit for the ES.....35, 50, 55, 85 and now 135......do have a spotmatic F but currently the meter is dead.....

did not expect to have anything more than the 55 when i got the ES.....should be fun!
08-02-2020, 02:59 PM   #20238
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
No politics please. Mods have removed multiple posts.
08-02-2020, 03:01 PM   #20239
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Once again, we have strayed off topic, and into discussion of politics. Please keep in mind the rules we all agree to on condition of having conversation here, and avoid the discussion of such things.

Thank you, carry on and enjoy the rest of your weekends, or the beginning of your work weeks.

Cheers,
Racer

08-03-2020, 03:45 AM - 1 Like   #20240
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by steamloco76 Quote
Two days before my wife's $2,000 medical sleep/lift recliner suffered an unrepairable (due to parts unavailability blamed on or nemesis of 2020, COVID 19), I gambled on a FB marketplace listing of a SMC-A 35mm, f/2.0 W/caps & Case as new, no box. $100 negotiable. One lousy photo. Guy said it was perfect when I PM'd him.
Offered $100 shipped. He accepted and shipped USPS Insured. He is only 330 miles away. Package took two weeks to get from southern NY to Western PA.

The lens arrived yesterday and it is PERFECT! I do not think it had ever been mounted on a camera. I owned this lens in my photojournalism days and stupidly, I sold it in the early 2000's. Mistake rectified!
Damn. I very recently missed out on one of these for a not-dissimilar price, the only time I've ever seen one for sale at a price that isn't crazy. Apparently the same optics as my M version but still, it would have been nice. That's a beautiful copy.
08-03-2020, 04:36 AM - 1 Like   #20241
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums

Internet is great for finding rare stuff. My above kitchen range microwave went out because of failure of the resonator (main part), which was no longer available for repair. Usint exact model number, I did an internet search, found an entire NIB microwave for only $200 instead of the $2,500 price of my original appliance. Bingo, it was just a matter of removing the old one and replacing it with the new one. This is a piddly thing to do except when you are looking for something worth the effort, and I liked this model because it not only microwaved but did a traditional baking job as well, great for smaller baking jobs instead of heating up the entire cookstove oven.
08-03-2020, 06:12 AM   #20242
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Saw the other images you posted of this find. Great good luck to locate and obtain that lens in such pristine condition. Any chance you can give me a hint on a lottery number?

08-03-2020, 06:53 AM - 1 Like   #20243
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
Saw the other images you posted of this find. Great good luck to locate and obtain that lens in such pristine condition. Any chance you can give me a hint on a lottery number?
My luck is for small time winning. No lottery luck here!
I learned to NOT ask too many questions when I make a find like the A35/2. The sellers photo was terrible. If I’d asked for more photos, I probably wouldn’t have the lens. Nice to get something for about 40% of the going eBay price.
08-03-2020, 06:43 PM   #20244
Veteran Member

That is the same approach I have when I spot something offered for a friendly price.
Too many questions will wake up the seller. Just make an offer and watch what happens.
08-04-2020, 04:13 PM - 2 Likes   #20245
Veteran Member

I just got a chef and paring knife of German origin. Plus 4 made in USA cast iron skillets. I won't keep repeating but with the car crash that broke my neck I stopped cooking. My zest is returning and I am cooking again. I treated myself to a chef and pairing (Germany) and a tomato (USA) knife.

People laugh but before I had a set of get this....Ginsu, as a wedding gift. A joke for 1970 but the modern actually decent. Much better than my sister's made in China Le Creuset ones. BUT, they must be constantly sharpened.
08-05-2020, 12:42 AM   #20246
Veteran Member

No cook can do without a decent set of knives. I learned that the hard way after messing about with tomatoes.
08-05-2020, 02:02 AM - 4 Likes   #20247
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My latest acquisition is this Samsung Schneider Kreuznach D-Xenon 100mm Macro f2.8 which I bought for £175. I was going to buy the Pentax 100mm Macro but this was so much cheaper, so I thought give it a go. I have not taken any real macro shots yet, to be honest I wanted a short AF telephoto to use instead on my SMC 135mm f3.5 M lens, which is a great lens but I find focusing manually difficult. Anyway, I know the Samsung is only 100mm but until Pentax bring out a new 135mm prime, it's the nearest I can get and it has the bonus of macro. I was pleasantly surprised at it's performance as a short telephoto and I have taken some nice landscape shots with it too.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
 Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
08-05-2020, 02:49 AM   #20248
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Marcus Rowland Quote
Six Sigma lenses - a couple of 70-210, three 28-70, and one 28-80. Mounts appear to be two Nikon AF, one Nikon MF, one Olympus OM AF, one Minolta AF, and one that I think is Minolta MD, and none of them appear to have the dreaded black grunge problem. What isn't clear, unfortunately, is which focal length goes with which mount, but I got the lot for £29.50 including postage so I hope to come out ahead if none of them are seriously faulty.
Well... None of them are very nice, and the Olympus lens is bad - fungus and mechanically very poor - so I'll be binning it. Of the rest, one of the Nikon AF-fit lenses has a couple of big blobs of fungus, the other has traces, as does the manual one. The Minolta MD one looks OK. These four will hopefully cover my costs but probably won't make much profit,

The real mystery is the one I thought was for Minolta AF - really not sure what it is yet, the mount design looks the same at a quick glance but the location of the contacts etc. is different and the flange is very slightly wider. So far it isn't Minolta AF or Sigma, I'm guessing one of the other AF mounts that are a similar design. It has five electrical contacts and is designed for the focusing to be powered by a motor in the camera body. When the lens is on a camera, and thinking of the front of the cameras as a clock face, it looks like the drive screw is at approximately 6.30, the stop down lever at 9 to 10, and the electrical contacts at about 1 to 2, while the red alignment mark on the lens ends up at 6, the bottom of the lens.

Does this ring a bell with anyone?

later - I've started a thread for this with some photos here:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/76-non-pentax-cameras-canon-nikon-etc/41...ml#post5052607

Last edited by Marcus Rowland; 08-05-2020 at 11:05 AM.
08-05-2020, 02:53 AM - 1 Like   #20249
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
New medium format lens

I just received an excellent copy of the Pentax 67 55-100mm f 5.6 zoom lens from Japanese eBay seller.
08-05-2020, 04:26 AM - 1 Like   #20250
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Wiltshireborn Quote
My latest acquisition is this Samsung Schneider Kreuznach D-Xenon 100mm Macro f2.8 which I bought for £175. I was going to buy the Pentax 100mm Macro but this was so much cheaper, so I thought give it a go. I have not taken any real macro shots yet, to be honest I wanted a short AF telephoto to use instead on my SMC 135mm f3.5 M lens, which is a great lens but I find focusing manually difficult. Anyway, I know the Samsung is only 100mm but until Pentax bring out a new 135mm prime, it's the nearest I can get and it has the bonus of macro. I was pleasantly surprised at it's performance as a short telephoto and I have taken some nice landscape shots with it too.

this should be an excellent lens, as it's just a rebrand of the D FA 100/2.8 Macro....