Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-21-2020, 10:37 PM - 1 Like   #21121
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I acquired a GV-2 viewfinder for my GR III. Man, it's tiny! But pretty nice.

11-22-2020, 01:01 AM - 6 Likes   #21122
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I found a K-1 on Ebay with just over 2k shutter actuations from a seller in Sydney with an asking price under $AU 2,000 but he would also consider offers. I submitted a slightly cheeky offer which was knocked back but he countered with an offer $100 higher than mine. That was good enough for me so I hit the button. It arrived today and I've had a brief "getting to know you" test run.

All I can say is.........wow, what a camera!! It feels better balanced and more comfortable than my K3 (even though it weighs 200g more) and even though I've only taken a dozen or so test shots outside I think I'm smitten - I'll be pairing it with the FA Limiteds. I think it's the perfect partner to my KP's. My K3 might be looking for a new home.

I'm a happy bunny.
11-22-2020, 01:19 AM - 1 Like   #21123

Just arrived: K-1ii, grip, D FA 24-70mm f/2.8 ED SDM WR lens quite the upgrade from my K10D (RIP).
11-22-2020, 01:29 AM - 1 Like   #21124
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
3D printed?
yes, I believe they are...

11-22-2020, 06:26 AM - 2 Likes   #21125
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by carlb Quote
I found a K-1 on Ebay with just over 2k shutter actuations from a seller in Sydney with an asking price under $AU 2,000 but he would also consider offers. I submitted a slightly cheeky offer which was knocked back but he countered with an offer $100 higher than mine. That was good enough for me so I hit the button. It arrived today and I've had a brief "getting to know you" test run.

All I can say is.........wow, what a camera!! It feels better balanced and more comfortable than my K3 (even though it weighs 200g more) and even though I've only taken a dozen or so test shots outside I think I'm smitten - I'll be pairing it with the FA Limiteds. I think it's the perfect partner to my KP's. My K3 might be looking for a new home.

I'm a happy bunny.
Carl, do you remember Pepperberry's advice, to have one body dedicated to an M42 adapter. Is that what one of your KPs is doing? If not, then maybe the K3 could do that job.
11-22-2020, 06:45 AM   #21126
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Gary H Perth Quote
Carl, do you remember Pepperberry's advice, to have one body dedicated to an M42 adapter. Is that what one of your KPs is doing? If not, then maybe the K3 could do that job.
Hi Gary, the KP's are rocking the DA Limiteds. I could put the 55-300 on the K3 for birding and that's definitely an option I'm considering. I was mulling over M42 options for the K30 in case the aperture ever gave up again I but ended up putting the Plastic Fantastic 50 on there as a cost saving measure (ironic I know considering I've just bought the K1 and the DA Ltd 20-40 in the last few weeks).

The K3 doesn't fit my hands quite as nicely as the KP and K-1 which is why I'm thinking about moving it along - but it's not a done deal yet.

Last edited by carlb; 11-22-2020 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Added extra info
11-22-2020, 08:04 AM   #21127
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
yes, I believe they are...
Sweet.

You should get some 3D printed SMUs. They would be less fattening.

Last edited by Racer X 69; 11-22-2020 at 08:32 AM.
11-22-2020, 08:07 AM   #21128
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Sweet.

You should get some 3D printed SMUs. They would be less fattening.
yeah, but they taste like plastic....

Last edited by Racer X 69; 11-22-2020 at 08:32 AM.
11-22-2020, 08:10 AM - 1 Like   #21129
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

the rare and hardly-photographed AMU!!!
the Australian MU ( as opposed to other possible Alternative MU )

I wonder what Gary (@Gary H Perth ) did to get a city named after him

QuoteQuote:
Perth
. . .
Perth is the capital and largest city of the Australian state of Western Australia. It is the fourth-most populous city in Australia, with a population of around 1.94 million living in Greater Perth . . .
https://www.bing.com/travelguide?q=Perth&l2sid=0cba98f1-710c-4d9f-a96f-b5f737acde07&form=PLACAB

Last edited by aslyfox; 11-22-2020 at 08:16 AM.
11-22-2020, 03:06 PM - 1 Like   #21130
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
rear lens caps for Prakticar B and QBM bayonets:

How much roughly do those cost if you print your own, and how long does it take? I've been thinking about it for a while now, I use a lot of caps etc., but the economics of it feel a bit iffy. It would take a fair while to pay for the printer etc.
11-22-2020, 04:17 PM - 2 Likes   #21131
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
We shall see...Below, being greeted by a few honored members of the community is the recently-arrived XR Rikenon 35mm f/2.8, previously of Pepperberry Farm. Yes, Pepperberry was good enough to let leave of his high-performing 35mm and send it my way. I will see that it is properly tasked and treated with respect. To that end, the greeters are lenses of both historic and cultic repute. On the left is the LZOS Jupiter-12 35/2.8 in Contax/Kiev mount and at top is the CZJ Flektogon 35/2.8 in Exakta mount. The Jupiter-12 is an overachiever and the Flecktogon is the famously sought-after close focus version. While it does not achieve true macro, it does come close with an MFD of 18cm.* By comparison, the DA 35/2.8 Limited Macro focuses to 14cm at 1:1.

New recruit at bottom right...

Yes, the Rikenon is multi-coated and it shows in this photo.

Not even a full 24 hours later the Amazon Prime truck drove up with an impulse purchase. That addition allowed me to give the XR Rikenon 35mm a short test run. Below is Samyang 14mm f/2.8 ED AS IF UMC (yes, too many initials) mated with my Pentax KX. Yes that front element is huge...even more huge than its catalog and lens review product photos. What is disconcerting is that viewed from the side, one sees white light, not the dark lens innards. I should have added my Olympus XA to the photo. It would have appeared to be a tasty snack for Samyang the Large.

Big Up Front...

I was pleased at the image quality from the XR Rikenon. I think it is a keeper. Thanks again, Pepperberry, for letting it come my way. As for the Samyang 14/2.8, I was able to do a few test shots yesterday and it looks to be a sharp one, if a bit of a handful...

Steve

* The more common version has MFD 36cm.
Of all the manual Pentax models I have owned, the KX was the top. I much preferred the metering indication to the MX's little lights.
11-22-2020, 07:15 PM - 1 Like   #21132
Veteran Member

Not even through my first roll of Kentmere in my new Mamiya TLR I dropped by the local camera store and was surprised to find their price for Ektar and Ilford 100 were very similar to B&H prices (without shipping charge). Got a roll of each.

Look at me, buying brand name film.....like a real proper gentleman!!!
11-23-2020, 07:28 AM - 1 Like   #21133
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
That KX looks to be in very fine condition.
Just what I was thinking. Almost as nice as a black one...

For my part, just a couple of 55mm lens caps as I didn't have a spare one for the 55/1.4 that came with my RevueFlex. I've finished the roll in my Nikon F801S so am free to load a roll into the RF, but that would mean I'm no longer able to occasionally dry-fire it as I work... It's got a really nice-sounding shutter.
11-23-2020, 08:08 AM - 4 Likes   #21134
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Something a bit different, a Sony A7C full frame compact mirrorless.

I got this to write reviews also on Sony equipment (not here of course). Lucky for me, an AF adaptor has been announced a few days after my purchase, it should allow me to use all my Pentax lenses on that tiny camera.

You can read my first article about it here:

https://www.lightandmatter.org/2020/equipment-reviews/sony-a7c-for-dslr-user/
11-23-2020, 10:37 AM   #21135
Veteran Member

As part of a recent subminiature buying spree recently I got in the mail a Minolta 16 MG-S. I was a little worried because it had a pretty crusty looking battery in it but it seems to work. Haven’t tested with film yet but the meter seems to do what you’d expect it to do. Also came with a cartridge which is still taped up but all the film has been pulled to the take up side. Just out of curiosity I’ll develop it and hope that the camera’s prior owner was a boudoir photography enthusiast but It’ll probable be vacation and dog picture if they even turn out at all.