Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-23-2020, 11:05 AM - 3 Likes   #21136
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
Something a bit different, a Sony A7C full frame compact mirrorless.

Congrats on the A7C. I’ve read great things about it, and considering the A7iii spec similarities I have no reason to doubt what I’ve read.

I just got a pair of deliveries last week.

The first was for a Zeiss Mutar II 2x teleconverter for the Contax system to pair with my new (to me) Zeiss 300/4. I’ve never had a telephoto with reach like this before, and mounted on my a6400, I end up with an effective 900mm f 6.3 lens.

Here’s a quick snap of the moon I captured between clouds. It was hazy and the moon was low, so I was shooting through lots of atmosphere. But overall, the image shows the promise of this pair.

Also, I re-added a Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 50/1.4 after selling my old SMC version last year. This one came with a Spotmatic in great shape, though I doubt I’ll use it for anything more than a decoration next to an old Exakta that I’ve got. One disappointment is that the lens has a larger piece of dust or something on one of the lenses inside. I’ll have to disassemble it or send it out to remove the piece since it is visible in the images. That’s a bummer. but otherwise, the lens is in superb condition.

11-23-2020, 11:52 AM - 3 Likes   #21137
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Probably paid too much, $69.99 winning bid, but it was in much better condition than I usually see them.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q10  Photo 
11-23-2020, 05:37 PM   #21138
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Probably paid too much, $69.99 winning bid, but it was in much better condition than I usually see them.
ML series - those are lovely.
11-23-2020, 07:01 PM   #21139
Veteran Member

Looks like a beauty. Good purchase!

11-23-2020, 07:50 PM - 2 Likes   #21140
Pentaxian

Sigma 19/2.8 EX DN for M43... I've never owned a bad sigma, hope my luck continues.
11-23-2020, 10:37 PM   #21141
Veteran Member

That’s a good looking Yashica!
11-24-2020, 02:28 AM - 1 Like   #21142
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by edom31 Quote
Sigma 19/2.8 EX DN for M43... I've never owned a bad sigma, hope my luck continues.
Ed, I have one of these for my Sony A6000. Its sharp, good colours and easy to use - I added a stepup ring so I can use all my 49mm filters. Only problem for the Sony A6000 is that the lens does not have stabilisation, so I cannot wave it around shooting, I need to watch my ISO if indoors. The lens makes a terrific and fairly small package on the A7ii (which has in-body stabilisation). For overall image quality though, I would rather have the slightly heavier kit of the Tak 35mm on A7ii set to fullframe.

I have never had a bad Sigma PRIME, but plenty of so-so consumer zooms that are not worth the trouble to sell. And some great sigma zooms remain in my keep-using shelf, the EX range.

11-24-2020, 06:27 AM - 1 Like   #21143
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by neokind Quote
Congrats on the A7C. I’ve read great things about it, and considering the A7iii spec similarities I have no reason to doubt what I’ve read.
You can read my first observations here:

Sony A7C : Tempting A Long-Time DSLR User To Mirrorless - Light And Matter

QuoteOriginally posted by neokind Quote
The first was for a Zeiss Mutar II 2x teleconverter for the Contax system to pair with my new (to me) Zeiss 300/4. I’ve never had a telephoto with reach like this before, and mounted on my a6400, I end up with an effective 900mm f 6.3 lens.
That's one heck of a kit! Results appear good enough. My longest setup is the 60-250 with 1.7X TC, which I use with the K-1 generally (425mm effective). With the K-3, it would give me 638mm but I haven't used it often with it. I just enjoy using the K-1 too much
11-24-2020, 09:02 AM   #21144
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Another good haul from those soliciting charitable donations. If they are sending that much stuff not much of you donation can be doing that much good. Today a check for $1.25 from one charity and this haul from another which also included a check from $1.50. The checks were shredded. The hard cover planner is pretty nice. I may just gather up all the pens we had received and give them to a school for the kids to use. The "U" was added in honor of all our overseas friends.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPhone XR  Photo 
11-24-2020, 05:43 PM   #21145
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I once kept a pair of those dot gloves in my car's glove compartment;
I figured they might come in handy if I had to change a tire.

The heat from the sun in the parked car partially melted the little rubber dots,
which fused to everything they were touching. I had black dots everywhere!

Chris
11-24-2020, 06:04 PM   #21146
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
You can read my first observations here:

Sony A7C : Tempting A Long-Time DSLR User To Mirrorless - Light And Matter

That's one heck of a kit! Results appear good enough. My longest setup is the 60-250 with 1.7X TC, which I use with the K-1 generally (425mm effective). With the K-3, it would give me 638mm but I haven't used it often with it. I just enjoy using the K-1 too much
I read through the article right away. Thanks for sharing. As a relatively recent convert from DSLR to mirrorless I appreciate your observations and the trade offs.

Yes, it’s much longer than I’ve ever had before. Usually I shoot with an A7iii, but I just picked up an a6400 and love the extra effective reach it provides with this setup. No complaints. :-)
11-24-2020, 06:21 PM - 3 Likes   #21147
Pentaxian

Another lens made its way into my bank account... Super Tak 135/2.5 (5 element version)...

I'm sending my K 135/2.5 to be CLA'd as I think something is off on it (also it overfocuses by a lot)... After it arrives I want to do some side-by-sides.
11-25-2020, 02:59 AM - 1 Like   #21148
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That seems a reasonable price for one in that nick with that lens. I was very lucky when I got mine for £15 in similar condition inc. the ML lens. The Super 2000 model holds up better cosmetically to its predecessor due to the rubbish leatherette the earlier model was supplied with (it is a really easy and quite cheap fix to replace the covers on an FX3 though). That being said I prefer the old FX3 model as it has less mirror slap and I prefer the metering system. It is also slightly less flimsy in construction. I can actually feel the base plate flex on the Super 2000 if I press it with my thumb. Both models IMO are functionally better, if not in build quality, than the Contax S2 though, and have a good reputation for reliability. I like all 3 models a lot.

Incidentally, the FX3 Super 2000 is the lightest SLR I have ever picked up, beating even such a featherweight as a ME Super.
11-25-2020, 04:16 AM - 1 Like   #21149
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Benz3ne Quote
My acquisition this morning is said quote.
The mirror boxes have both run fairly dry and they've not been serviced in some time, as I anticipated would be the response.
Debating whether to have both or one done, and what to do with the other in the case of the latter.
I'll probably get both of them done, they're damn good aesthetically so would be a shame for them not to be restored to their former, working glory.
Both now done and paid for! A very welcome update while work is trying to grind me down.
Hopefully should be back to me before the end of the week. Can't wait!
11-25-2020, 07:48 AM - 1 Like   #21150
Banned

Just received the A 50mm f2 I bout on Fleabay for $20. Glass is very nice condition. Aperture ring is a little sticky bad not too bad. Here is a shot from this morning.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo