Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20312 Likes Search this Thread
11-25-2020, 11:34 AM   #21151
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by neokind Quote
I read through the article right away. Thanks for sharing.
And thanks for reading!

11-25-2020, 02:24 PM - 2 Likes   #21152
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Silver KP + Sigma 8-16

Being an ultra-wide junkie I'm so happy because I just got a refurbished copy of the Sigma 8-16 for my birthday!
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
ILCE-6400  Photo 
11-25-2020, 02:58 PM - 4 Likes   #21153

Two casts, one for each hand. Awkward, uncomfortable, and makes any attempt at photography unpleasant. By far the worst camera accessory I've purchased and I recommend avoiding these if possible. Due to the process of acquiring them, I am forced to continue use of them until Dec 14 when I can officially hand them back to the seller. Unfortunately, there's a strict no refund policy.
11-25-2020, 03:05 PM - 2 Likes   #21154
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jspi Quote
Two casts, one for each hand. Awkward, uncomfortable, and makes any attempt at photography unpleasant. By far the worst camera accessory I've purchased and I recommend avoiding these if possible. Due to the process of acquiring them, I am forced to continue use of them until Dec 14 when I can officially hand them back to the seller. Unfortunately, there's a strict no refund policy.
Condolences!

At least we can assume they are "digital" and "mirrorless."

Is there any chance you can epoxy a quick-release base or a ballhead to the left cast to use with the tripod mount for your camera? :-)

11-25-2020, 03:25 PM   #21155

QuoteOriginally posted by photoptimist Quote
Condolences!

At least we can assume they are "digital" and "mirrorless."

Is there any chance you can epoxy a quick-release base or a ballhead to the left cast to use with the tripod mount for your camera? :-)
Not digital but they are mirrorless and fiberglass for weight reduction. I do have plenty of epoxy so I could adhere a mount for my MFT (also light weight) then use the other hand for operating the camera. Ideas... I had thoughts about modding them and see how the seller reacted when I returned them.
11-25-2020, 05:12 PM - 2 Likes   #21156
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Broke two of my rules...electronic camera & Goodwill west of the Mississippi...

Exploded batteries (camera & lens) and lens full of fungus...

Name:  _IGP6239.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  133.0 KB
11-25-2020, 05:24 PM   #21157
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ordered some Adox Rodinal, which will be a new developer for me to try!

11-25-2020, 06:32 PM - 1 Like   #21158
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by AgentL Quote
Ordered some Adox Rodinal, which will be a new developer for me to try!
Rodinal is one of the venerable developers, going back before 1900. Handy because it's liquid and consequently easier to prepare than powders. It gives very fine grain and there is some flexibility in dilutions for adjusting contrast, generally reducing contrast in negatives that may have too much. Use a dilution once and toss it out, the concentrate has an unbelievably long shelf life. I used Rodinal many times and came to prefer it to D76 for Tri-X and even as a substitute for Technidol for developing Technical Pan when I wanted well-graded tonality, but not when I wanted very high contrast.
11-25-2020, 09:16 PM   #21159
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

recently arrived (on the left, as always):

11-25-2020, 09:53 PM   #21160
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
Another good haul from those soliciting charitable donations. If they are sending that much stuff not much of you donation can be doing that much good. Today a check for $1.25 from one charity and this haul from another which also included a check from $1.50. The checks were shredded. The hard cover planner is pretty nice. I may just gather up all the pens we had received and give them to a school for the kids to use. The "U" was added in honor of all our overseas friends.
Charities sending you money.... That's a new one to me. What is the rationale?
I used to donate to an animal charity and they'd send you T shirts and umbrellas, etc. Like you, I'd rather they kept the stuff. Makes me wonder how much of my donated money goes towards the animals and how much goes towards t-shirts, overhead, marketing and salaries.
11-25-2020, 10:15 PM - 1 Like   #21161
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Lhorn Quote
I used to donate to an animal charity and they'd send you T shirts and umbrellas, etc. Like you, I'd rather they kept the stuff. Makes me wonder how much of my donated money goes towards the animals and how much goes towards t-shirts, overhead, marketing and salaries.
If it's one of the big national charities, very little goes directly to animal welfare - less than 20%.

Your best bet is donating or volunteering directly to shelters, rescues, wildlife rehabilition centers, etc.
11-25-2020, 11:53 PM   #21162
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Lhorn Quote
Up here in the frozen North, the most I get is 5¢ and a calendar pad.
11-26-2020, 01:02 AM - 1 Like   #21163
Pentaxian

Just won 2 55mm taks. One is an Auto-tak 55 1.8 and the other is a super tak 55 f2. Can't wait to play with them.
11-26-2020, 01:26 AM   #21164
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Broke two of my rules...electronic camera & Goodwill west of the Mississippi...

Exploded batteries (camera & lens) and lens full of fungus...

Attachment 516130
Interesting design, how does the Autofocus work?
11-26-2020, 04:49 AM - 2 Likes   #21165
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Liney Quote
Interesting design, how does the Autofocus work?
It was contrast detect, in 1981...

If the subject was stationary, well lit, and had a lot of contrast, it would eventually focus...

It's historically significant as the first consumer AF SLR with the electronics in the body, it just didn't do enough to be successful in the market. Minolta stole phase detect from Honeywell and released the Maxxum in 1985...