Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20314 Likes Search this Thread
02-24-2021, 07:27 PM - 2 Likes   #22066
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
I decided to buy a white solenoid to fix my K-S1, before those Matsushita lots run out.
Did your Aperture block go or just preventive?

I got a K-S1 holding on strong (2nd hand).

My K-50 - I did the Filing of the shoe about 2-3 years ago - still going strong.

02-24-2021, 10:10 PM - 2 Likes   #22067
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by edom31 Quote
Did your Aperture block go or just preventive?

I got a K-S1 holding on strong (2nd hand).

My K-50 - I did the Filing of the shoe about 2-3 years ago - still going strong.
My K-S1 has a failed aperture block. This is to fix it...

Like you I also have a K-50 and the aperture block on that is still doing great, thank God. But it has some other issues that happen intermittently, so I can't really rely on it all that much, always need another body with it.
02-25-2021, 05:41 AM - 2 Likes   #22068
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Two purchases; a mint Q-10 double zoom (02 & 06) kit in dark metallic green from Japan for my wife and another Pentax m42~K adapter.
02-25-2021, 08:27 AM - 2 Likes   #22069
Veteran Member

Had a large order of cleaning supplies arrive from Visible dust today (needed to upgrade my technique now I am dealing with the GFX sensor. aside from a load of swabs and the three different cleaning fluids I got the Lit up 7 x loupe and the Artic Butterfly. Cleaned the GFX since I had it with me, the loupe made a big difference to the efficiency and the butterfly worked very well. Sparkling like new sensor now until I change lenses on the go..... (I have been making a habit of carrying a blower now and blowing out each lens change too)
will work my way through all the X bodies next including the ones headed for sale)

02-25-2021, 07:21 PM - 4 Likes   #22070
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

new (to me) FA 31mm f1.8 AL Limited arrived yesterday:

02-26-2021, 07:35 AM - 7 Likes   #22071
Pentaxian

I took a chance on an ES with a photo of a 35/3.5 and a message stating there were three lenses. Some messaging to the seller revealed the others to be 135mm and 55mm and that he was selling the lot as "decorative" ie no guarantee that any of it would work.

It arrived in only 24 hours. The ES takes a weird battery so can't test anything other than the manual speeds, which seem fine, but the camera is in extremely good shape. The three lenses have some internal dust but other than that are in very close to mint condition. Two even came with (again, mint) original front and rear caps. The leather camera case is also in superb shape. The original cases for the 35mm and 135mm are in poorer shape but weren't even mentioned in the description so are a bonus. As a last extra treat, there's a Spotmatic II manual, in Spanish.

I will likely compare the 35mm and 55mm to my existing copies to see which are best but if there's no difference then I think I'll keep the nice ones. The 135mm will go once I've had a play as I so rarely use such a long lens on M42.

Not bad for €40.

Pentax ES plus Takumars 35/3.5, 55/2 & 135/3.5
by Jonathan MacDonald, on Flickr

Last edited by Jonathan Mac; 02-26-2021 at 08:21 AM.
02-26-2021, 10:58 PM - 1 Like   #22072
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
They look in wonderful condition and the price was right

My ES is ex a local journalist for a major daily and is brassed all over but still in fine working order.... one of my most treasured for it's history..

Came with a 50/1.4 8 element which is why I bought it... though the ES has grown on me and I do like to hold it for the sheer weight and the way it just fits hands so well and imagine...
Sometimes imagined shots are as good as real...:-)

Last edited by bobD; 02-26-2021 at 11:03 PM.
02-27-2021, 07:11 AM   #22073
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
Pentax ES plus Takumars 35/3.5, 55/2 & 135/3.5 by Jonathan MacDonald, on Flickr
Those lenses look so tiny next to that body...
02-27-2021, 07:28 AM - 2 Likes   #22074
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by edom31 Quote
Those lenses look so tiny next to that body...
The body is a little taller than the Spotmatics I think. It tips over even with the little 55/2 on it. I had to put the 35mm on it just to take the photo.

It's lovely though - another black beauty for the stable, next to the MX, K2DMD and SRT101.
02-27-2021, 07:39 AM   #22075
Pentaxian

Not bad for €40.
man that's great n good deal!! mine costed a bit more and is not in nearly in the same looking condition.......really enjoy shooting with it even though it takes the odd 6v (4 lr44) battery......also have a great (i believe) ensemble of lenses (all smc) 35/3.5, 50/1.4, 55/1.8, 85/1.8, 135/3.5.......you may have seen some scans in the :cool ....see your film thread although mostly with expired film

enjoy the kit!
02-27-2021, 01:54 PM - 4 Likes   #22076

Photos: Albums
Just got this incredible lens a few days ago - Tamron SP 90mm F2.5 adaptall-2. It came with lens hood and extension ring. Took a few quick shots with it, handheld, that are attached - totally unprocessed except for size reduction of the jpgs.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
02-27-2021, 02:29 PM   #22077
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by SamirShah Quote
Just got this incredible lens a few days ago - Tamron SP 90mm F2.5 adaptall-2. It came with lens hood and extension ring. Took a few quick shots with it, handheld, that are attached - totally unprocessed except for size reduction of the jpgs.
No surprise V-A-V the IQ. Tamron's 90mm macro has been highly regarded since it was first introduced. Ditto for the various incarnations of the 90mm "Bokina." I have the Tokina version, and it holds up to any competition for IQ.
02-27-2021, 03:46 PM   #22078
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Marcus Rowland Quote
Received the correct battery for my laptop - slightly more expensive than the first one I got, which is annoying - and a little job lot of Pentax 110 gear - a working camera and 24mm lens in very nice condition, a 14mm lens with very slight fungus, and a flash that's full of corrosion and unusable. Cost £25 but my aim here is to have a good play with them on micro 4/3 and possibly keep one lens and sell the rest on.

Also got my covid innoculation - so far without any horrible side effects.
Finally had some really nice weather the last couple of days so today I took the 110 lenses and my micro 4/3 camera for a walk. 14mm is very good, 24mm (which would have been the basic kit lens) is OK but not so sharp, especially for distance work. I don't think I'll be keeping them, the tiny size really doesn't make up for their limitations.

Photos and pictures of the kit I used here - Pentax 110 Lenses on Micro 4/3 | Flickr

Found something else that's weird in the current job lots - an electronic flash for cameras that used the old Magicube X flashcubes (which were triggered mechanically, not electrically); it sits in the magicube socket and the camera plunger that would normally fire the flashcube triggers it, more or less by pressing a button in the base of the flash. Appears to work but I don't have a camera with that type of flash cube at present.

Last edited by Marcus Rowland; 02-27-2021 at 03:59 PM.
02-27-2021, 04:54 PM   #22079
Pentaxian

I took a chance on an ES with a photo of a 35/3.5 and a message stating there were three lenses. Some messaging to the seller revealed the others to be 135mm and 55mm and that he was selling the lot as "decorative" ie no guarantee that any of it would work.

It arrived in only 24 hours. The ES takes a weird battery so can't test anything other than the manual speeds, which seem fine, but the camera is in extremely good shape. The three lenses have some internal dust but other than that are in very close to mint condition. Two even came with (again, mint) original front and rear caps. The leather camera case is also in superb shape. The original cases for the 35mm and 135mm are in poorer shape but weren't even mentioned in the description so are a bonus. As a last extra treat, there's a Spotmatic II manual, in Spanish.

I will likely compare the 35mm and 55mm to my existing copies to see which are best but if there's no difference then I think I'll keep the nice ones. The 135mm will go once I've had a play as I so rarely use such a long lens on M42.

Not bad for €40.

Pentax ES plus Takumars 35/3.5, 55/2 & 135/3.5
by Jonathan MacDonald, on Flickr
I have a Pentax ES ll with a f 1,8 normal and a 135mm F 3,5 Takumar. Still works. The ES and ES ll are great cameras, advanced for their day, well built, quite beautiful...and given all that, I'm happy that I still have mine.
02-27-2021, 05:00 PM   #22080
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bobD Quote
They look in wonderful condition and the price was right

My ES is ex a local journalist for a major daily and is brassed all over but still in fine working order.... one of my most treasured for it's history..

Came with a 50/1.4 8 element which is why I bought it... though the ES has grown on me and I do like to hold it for the sheer weight and the way it just fits hands so well and imagine...
Sometimes imagined shots are as good as real...:-)
Love to see a picture of your ES. Brassed over ES bodies are uncommon, but have a great 'look'.

About a month ago, Turner Classic Movies showed a movie from 1975, called Friday Foster, about a reporter (Pam Grier) working as a photojournalist for a magazine. The cameras she used in the movie, included a Pentax ES ll and a Nikon F Photomic