Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20314 Likes Search this Thread
05-09-2021, 06:12 AM - 1 Like   #22456
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
I have two that are driveable, and three that were driven to where they have been sitting for 16 years.

These two are driveable, but need to be inspected and have things like belts, hoses and brakes sorted first. I pulled the brown one out of storage last August and cleaned it up, took stock of what it will need and gathered a pile of stuff to get it safe to operate again.

I already have this.

There are 8 cars in this picture.

Honest.
Gosh great cars, and I LOVE the brown one.

05-09-2021, 08:46 AM   #22457
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
First lens since Februari
Panagor PMC Auto macro 55mm 1:3 Komine made

Focus rubber was turning freely. One drop of glue remedied it.
I think that is the only F3 lens I've ever seen.
05-09-2021, 03:29 PM - 1 Like   #22458
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JimJohnson Quote
I read someplace that when it comes to collecting 'stuff' that isn't regularly used, especially as we age we need to ask ourselves what our inheritors will do with our 'stuff'. Will they value and keep it? Will they make an effort to reclaim the market value (and does it have any market value)? Or will they give it away, or worse pay someone to drop-off an oversized dumpster and haul it away? If you want ANY say in how your 'stuff' is disposed of, do it before you die. And if you suspect your inheritors will hire a dumpster, do you really want to leave them that chore?

We now spend part of each year sorting our unused treasures, deciding which will end up in a landfill if left to the kids, and disposing of them as we see fit before the kids do it.
My son and friend just visited today for Mother's Day (masks and distance). He is saving me the trouble. Each time he visits, he alternately "raids" the books or the LP records. 12 LPs today ...
05-09-2021, 07:22 PM   #22459
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by steamloco76 Quote
New headlight and turn signal assemblies installed in the 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis LS I bought last Saturday. The old lights were badly UV damaged and the previous owner had tried to “renew” them with one of those kits. Ugly. I wish the paint looked as good on close inspection as it does in this cellphone image!
The seats on those cars are like recliners. Very spacious too. Not too many companies offering vehicles with seats like that these days, if at all.

05-09-2021, 07:25 PM   #22460
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
I have two that are driveable, and three that were driven to where they have been sitting for 16 years.

These two are driveable, but need to be inspected and have things like belts, hoses and brakes sorted first. I pulled the brown one out of storage last August and cleaned it up, took stock of what it will need and gathered a pile of stuff to get it safe to operate again.

I already have this.

There are 8 cars in this picture.

Honest.
Ah you're the kind of person I've been wondering about. Was talking over dinner with family and the discussion turned to some guy locally who has a bunch of classics on his property just rotting away. And we wondered why anyone would do this.

So why do you just have a bunch of classics aging away? Did they all start as projects that then got to be too much? Parts cars? Something else?
05-09-2021, 07:31 PM   #22461
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
Ah you're the kind of person I've been wondering about. Was talking over dinner with family and the discussion turned to some guy locally who has a bunch of classics on his property just rotting away. And we wondered why anyone would do this.

So why do you just have a bunch of classics aging away? Did they all start as projects that then got to be too much? Parts cars? Something else?
After getting the race car people started telling me about cars sitting here or there, and at races spectators would offer up non running cars. I picked them up with the intention of using some for parts, and the better ones got tucked away in the back of the shop.

It didn't take long and I began to turn down offers of non running cars, free or not.
05-09-2021, 07:37 PM   #22462
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The generic lens caps I ordered from Ebay have just arrived. When I stop for lunch I'll match them up to the appropriate lens and then I can stop worrying that I might lose a genuine one when I'm out taking photo's.

05-10-2021, 11:22 AM - 1 Like   #22463
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by carlb Quote
The generic lens caps I ordered from Ebay have just arrived. When I stop for lunch I'll match them up to the appropriate lens and then I can stop worrying that I might lose a genuine one when I'm out taking photo's.
You sound like the kind of guy who drives around with the dealers plastic covering over your car seats!
05-10-2021, 02:23 PM - 3 Likes   #22464
Pentaxian

This morning I blew all my photography funds on an HD 20-40mm Limited lens to complete the full set of DA Limiteds (though the primes are all SMC). It's been lightly used and I checked for de-centring, which seems to be a QC issue with some copies. So far it all looks good.

K-3 & HD 20-40mm f/2.8-4 Limited
by Jonathan MacDonald, on Flickr
05-10-2021, 02:36 PM   #22465

This little device sitting atop my Welta Belmira - Schmidt Ticky Star Bulb Flash.

More for art than use (my Belmira is uneconomical to repair) I have even ordered a pack of bulbs so I can populate the slot to return it to its former glory.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
SM-G975F  Photo 
05-10-2021, 05:13 PM - 1 Like   #22466
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by timb64 Quote
You sound like the kind of guy who drives around with the dealers plastic covering over your car seats!
No, far from it. After losing the cap for my 20 – 40 Limited on holiday and finding out that a new one is about $80 (which I’m not going to pay) it seemed logical to replace the genuine ones with generic caps and keep the genuine caps in a safe place in the (unlikely, but you never know) event that I decide to sell them. Having the genuine caps seems to help with resale value.
05-11-2021, 08:59 AM   #22467
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by carlb Quote
No, far from it. After losing the cap for my 20 – 40 Limited on holiday and finding out that a new one is about $80 (which I’m not going to pay) it seemed logical to replace the genuine ones with generic caps and keep the genuine caps in a safe place in the (unlikely, but you never know) event that I decide to sell them. Having the genuine caps seems to help with resale value.
Got to love ridiculously overpriced small accessories!
05-11-2021, 06:38 PM - 6 Likes   #22468
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

this arrived yesterday

05-11-2021, 08:08 PM   #22469
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
this arrived yesterday

Is that the Leica R (reigning contender) on the right?

Steve
05-11-2021, 08:14 PM   #22470
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Is that the Leica R (reigning contender) on the right?

Steve

no, that would be the third of the trio, the Zeiss Planar 85/1.4...