Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20314 Likes Search this Thread
09-07-2021, 02:52 PM   #23476
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
The main issue is manual focus on my film cameras, f/3.5 being about 2/3 stop slower than my other 28s. As for elements, both my S-M-C Tak 28/3.5 and Tamron 28/2.5 (02B) have 7 elements in 7 groups; compactness/bulk is sort of draw with the Tak being 58x41.5mm 212g and the Tamron 63.5x33mm 180g (both are all metal). I have never put the two head to head for things like field flatness, but I do know that both are sharp over the entire frame at working apertures. The tammy is flat field by design and if the same is true for the Tak, it would probably win any contest.

Steve

I have had a copy of the 02B and the 02BB and was never impressed with either....

09-07-2021, 02:53 PM - 1 Like   #23477
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

just purchased from the Marketplace: Super-Multi-Coated Macro-Takumar 100mm f4.0. Mint. With metal hood, caps and case
09-07-2021, 11:35 PM - 1 Like   #23478
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by sagitta Quote
i have one of these arriving sometime towards the end of the week, i hope.
QuoteQuote:
regarding your order for epic 100 robotic gigapixel camera mount, this is a clearance item that is out of stock and no longer available. Unfortunately, we will not be able to fulfill the order. We will cancel the order at this time. While we could not fulfill the order we very much appreciate your patronage.
boooooo...
09-08-2021, 08:19 AM - 3 Likes   #23479
Pentaxian

Second copy of the K 28/3.5 This one has no haze/separation or slow aperture like the first one

09-08-2021, 11:57 AM - 1 Like   #23480
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
just purchased from the Marketplace: Super-Multi-Coated Macro-Takumar 100mm f4.0. Mint. With metal hood, caps and case
YUMMY!
Mine needs a helicoid regrease. Lovely lens with quite a long throw for fine tuning
09-08-2021, 02:31 PM   #23481
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by lmd91343 Quote
It finally arrived. Finally. A Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 20mm. I am still waiting for the o.e.m. hood to wind its way thru the mail. It looks nice. The optics are perfect, no dust, fungus, scratches, or wipe marks. The barrel action is smooth and even. The paint and lettering are as the day it came out of the factory except for a couple of spots on the a/m switch. Original caps. All for $179.

I am impressed. It is much, much better than my Vivitar 19mm F3.8. Color, resolution, contrast. (All on my K1 II)* I don't know why many years ago the old Pentax film group called it the bow-wow lens. I don't know how it compares to the hard to get FA 20 or the upcoming DFA 21, but it is pretty good and the best at that FL in FF that I've got. Someday I'll compare it to my DA 21 on my K3 III.

*The Vivitar was easier to focus thru the eyepiece because it is brighter f3.8 vs f4.5 and easier to meter because of the K-mount meter coupling.
Today the factory lens hood arrived. I bought it the same day (8/18/21) as the lens from a shop in Copenhagen, Denmark.
I hope the improvement the lens hood brings is worth the wait and cost. The lens hood takes 77mm filters. That is surprising for such a tiny lens.
09-09-2021, 01:43 AM - 2 Likes   #23482
Veteran Member

Two Pentax goodies for me this week.... a new HD 1.4 TC (I couldn't bring myself to pay more then $500 aussie .... so took this long)....and a pair (only got one... ) of Papillo 6.5x21 Binos (a bit of a cult insect bino... focus down to 0.5m... but overall quite amazing for a cheap bino).

09-09-2021, 02:15 AM - 1 Like   #23483
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
Two Pentax goodies for me this week.... a new HD 1.4 TC (I couldn't bring myself to pay more then $500 aussie .... so took this long)....and a pair (only got one... ) of Papillo 6.5x21 Binos (a bit of a cult insect bino... focus down to 0.5m... but overall quite amazing for a cheap bino).
The HD 1.4x converter is excellent. Paired with a good lens, I think you'll be delighted with the performance. I used mine frequently with the DA*60-250/4, and loved the results, even wide open. I haven't shot with that combo in a while, but only because I generally prefer to travel light these days. Optically, it was a cracking setup
09-09-2021, 04:22 AM - 1 Like   #23484
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
YUMMY!
Mine needs a helicoid regrease. Lovely lens with quite a long throw for fine tuning

things are lining up for 2022 to be the year of the Takumar in the SIC (for me, anyways)...
09-09-2021, 04:43 AM - 1 Like   #23485
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

things are lining up for 2022 to be the year of the Takumar in the SIC (for me, anyways)...
As my wishlist is so thin it may be the year of the revisit but no matter how desperate things get, I am not doing a month with my massively long Soligor 400mm f6.3

Unless I lose a bet
09-09-2021, 04:58 AM - 1 Like   #23486
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
As my wishlist is so thin it may be the year of the revisit but no matter how desperate things get, I am not doing a month with my massively long Soligor 400mm f6.3

Unless I lose a bet
I've got an 180mm Adaptall I need to get through an SIC...
09-09-2021, 12:14 PM - 1 Like   #23487
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've got an 180mm Adaptall I need to get through an SIC...
The soligor is a bazooka lolol I am tempted to sic it but I would last about three days. BTW, I don't have a K1, this was a screengrab, but it makes the point
Attached Images

09-09-2021, 01:01 PM - 2 Likes   #23488
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
New play toy has arrived.

I received a well-cared-for Sony Alpha 350 DSLR with two zoom lenses in the mail today. I have the battery charging, and will take a few test shots before dark today. I am wondering how its results with the 14mp CCD sensor will compare to my K-10. I am also wondering whether the camera will be good enough to justify shopping for a couple of prime lenses, maybe 50mm and 85mm. Any thoughts will be most welcome.
09-09-2021, 06:13 PM - 4 Likes   #23489
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Summer:Lake Superior - Michigan Winter:Texas Hill Country
The below tablet holder should be delivered in 4-5 days. I also recently purchased a Lenovo Chromebook Duet - similar to a Microsoft Surface Pro, it is a tablet with a magnetically detachable keyboard. I have loaded Ricoh's Pentax Image Sync on the Chromebook. The tablet-camera link is tested and works amazingly well. The goal is to attach the tablet on a tripod's center column, and mirror my K-1's Live View in the app using Wi-Fi.

We have a unique opportunity to obtain extended family group portraits near the end of the month as we jet between states for celebrate grandchildren's birthdays. Setting the self-timer, running for your place and yelling SMILE! get portraits that look like well - I'm sure everyone here has seen them. With the camera's LV adjacent to the lens on a bit larger monitor and a mostly hidden IR shutter release, I am hopeful we can verbally adjust the cast of characters and shoot when we appear to have acceptable poses. I plan to use two bounce flashes, key & fill, for lighting. The two tripods are compact. It's likely the most transportable 'portrait studio' setup that I can carry on to a plane's cabin.
Attached Images

09-10-2021, 08:57 AM - 2 Likes   #23490
Pentaxian

Two nice items I got on line earlier this week arrived today

A Zorki 4 with Leica-fit Jupiter 50/2 for £33 including postage - nothing remarkable about it, the lens is one of the silver ones and in really nice condition, the camera has a shutter problem at low speeds but is otherwise pretty good. £33 is a bit on the high side but it's a charity seller and I think I'll still make a profit.

A Pentacon 135/2.8, for £12.99 including postage. It's the original "Bokeh Monster" that could be used on M42 or Exakta with the appropriate rear mount (I've also seen one with a custom-made mount for Nikon), and has a preset-ring 15-blade iris. It's the all-black version here:

Pentacon / Meyer Optik Gorlitz Orestogor 135mm F2.8 Preset Lens Reviews - Miscellaneous Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database

It's boxed and looks virtually unused, though the box is very battered. The best part is that it came with an M42 converter and cap for Fujica S-mount, which is in full working order - it even does auto stopdown on a Fujica body, if the lens has a rear pin, which is pretty rare for M42 adapters. Those are being sold at £15 and up without the cap on eBay, so I ought to come out well ahead. Gloating a bit about this one...

Last edited by Marcus Rowland; 09-10-2021 at 03:43 PM.