Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Qty. 10 Eveready 357 1.5V silver oxide button cells

Under $10 shipped from an eBay seller.

Chris

09-11-2021, 09:17 AM - 1 Like   #23492
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Not a wonderful day, but I got two Minolta A rear caps, a 49mm front cap and a USB cable for £3, and a 150mm internal diameter USB-powered ring light for £4, the latter ought to be useful for eBay ads etc.
09-11-2021, 06:00 PM - 1 Like   #23493

A Jena S 135/1:4 in Exakta mount. According to the photos placed by the seller in the local electronic marketplace I got it from, the front element looks like somehow hazy, and the back one is in ugh!ly state, probably infected with the kind of fungus that eat up coatings for breakfast. At least the lens body (polished aluminum) and the mount does not seem battered. I have to yet collect it and see if I threw USD 35 away on it. I don't have any CZJ yet (but I have some MOG already) and no Sonnar design other than a Jupiter-8 that being a RF is of not much use to me in my one and only DSLR so it could be the onset of another strain of GAS.
There are few reviews of it on the web (and it is not on PF review section) so it could be well worth a shot. Pun intended.
09-11-2021, 06:45 PM - 6 Likes   #23494
Pentaxian

I received a re-acquisition of sorts today. An old hand me down Minolta that’s been sitting on my bookshelf for 20 years came back from a CLA at Garry’s Camera.

I also picked up a rope strap for it today. The 45mm F2 is a nice focal length and it’s not as noisy as my Pentax bodies, so this one may make it into the rotation for a bit.

9 months ago I didn’t have a working film camera, or much interest in shooting film again.

I’m up to 4 now.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPhone XS  Photo 

Last edited by trixtroll; 09-11-2021 at 06:55 PM.
09-12-2021, 03:54 PM - 1 Like   #23495
Pentaxian

A good if slightly expensive day in the car boot mines:

A Petri 50/2 in PK fitting which I'm fairly sure is Tokina made, and a Minolta AF 50/1.7, for £40, both in very nice condition.
and a Praktica PCL3 body with a nice electric Pentacon 50/2 - the lens is nice, but the body turned out to have corrosion in the battery compartment when I got it home, but I really bought it for the lens anyway so I'm not too bothered.
Also an electronic label printer for £7 - the second in a month or so, and the first one made a very nice profit so I'm cautiously optimistic. Unfortunately I don't have enough AAA batteries to test it today, since I included the last pack I bought with the last printer.
09-12-2021, 07:58 PM - 3 Likes   #23496
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
The soligor is a bazooka lolol I am tempted to sic it but I would last about three days. BTW, I don't have a K1, this was a screengrab, but it makes the point
I'm singling my way through September with a 100-500mm zoom, it can be done!

One thing I've noticed is its hard to be stealthy with 24 inches of lens on you. My right arm will probably look like Popeye's by October as well.
09-12-2021, 08:28 PM - 1 Like   #23497
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Got a beat-up, cheap SMC Pentax-A 50mm f/2.8 Macro on its way to me... I love my DA 35 Limited Macro but I think this might work better as a flower lens. I've always thought the colors from this lens are better than most. And the deal was too good to pass up.

I was actually looking at one of those Komine-made 90mm f/2.5/f/2.8 lenses, as it's really well regarded. But then I saw this SMC-A 50 for sale and looked up images from it... no comparison! This has to be one of the best lenses in existence, I can't believe it hadn't been on my radar until recently...

09-12-2021, 08:33 PM - 1 Like   #23498
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by trixtroll Quote
I received a re-acquisition of sorts today. An old hand me down Minolta that’s been sitting on my bookshelf for 20 years came back from a CLA at Garry’s Camera.

I also picked up a rope strap for it today. The 45mm F2 is a nice focal length and it’s not as noisy as my Pentax bodies, so this one may make it into the rotation for a bit.

9 months ago I didn’t have a working film camera, or much interest in shooting film again.

I’m up to 4 now.
Ayye, I got my Kalimar K-90 CLA'ed from Garry's Camera a couple months ago.
09-12-2021, 11:54 PM - 1 Like   #23499
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Similar to you and old XG1 came back to me. I purchased mine in 1983. It was the newer ugly styled one though. I sold it onto my dad in 1985, to upgrade to a X700. It returned to me on his passing last year. I much prefer the original old styling of your model over mine, though the leatherette tends to need replacing. The 45mm lens is a cracker. I much prefer it to he more traditional 50mm.
09-13-2021, 03:17 AM - 1 Like   #23500
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by richard0170 Quote
Similar to you and old XG1 came back to me. I purchased mine in 1983. It was the newer ugly styled one though. I sold it onto my dad in 1985, to upgrade to a X700. It returned to me on his passing last year. I much prefer the original old styling of your model over mine, though the leatherette tends to need replacing. The 45mm lens is a cracker. I much prefer it to he more traditional 50mm.
Funny you should mention that.....I've got a sheet leatherette that's waiting for a rainy day (I found all kinds of pre-cut leatherette kits for the XG7, but none for the XG1).

I used to dislike this camera because the meter doesn't come on when it's set to manual, so I never shot anything after my first test roll 20 years ago. I actually had a matching pair with serial numbers that were less than 100 apart, so I sold the other to pay for the CLA on this one.

I'm starting to experiment with street photography and aperture priority seems to be handy, so I may pick up a 24mm for the Minolta. My wife doesn't seem to agree, but I don't own a 24mm lens for my Pentax bodies and I'm convinced I'll keep cameras in rotation if I don't own the same focal lengths for multiple platforms.....

Last edited by trixtroll; 09-13-2021 at 03:28 AM.
09-13-2021, 06:22 AM - 1 Like   #23501
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Funny you should mention that.....I've got a sheet leatherette that's waiting for a rainy day (I found all kinds of pre-cut leatherette kits for the XG7, but none for the XG1).

I used to dislike this camera because the meter doesn't come on when it's set to manual, so I never shot anything after my first test roll 20 years ago. I actually had a matching pair with serial numbers that were less than 100 apart, so I sold the other to pay for the CLA on this one.

I'm starting to experiment with street photography and aperture priority seems to be handy, so I may pick up a 24mm for the Minolta. My wife doesn't seem to agree, but I don't own a 24mm lens for my Pentax bodies and I'm convinced I'll keep cameras in rotation if I don't own the same focal lengths for multiple platforms.....
With print film though you can get by with sunny 16. Or just use a separate meter, which is what I did back in the day. Its good practice anyway, even today.
09-13-2021, 10:14 AM - 2 Likes   #23502
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
New keyboard

FEDEX brought my new Cherry Model MY3000 USB computer keyboard today, and I am already clicking away on it. It is heavy, durable, and clicks when you type just like in the old days. Keyboard is larger than my old one, and never skips letters to drive me nuts like the old one. It has a convenient 4-socket USB port on back. I like the feeling of definiteness when I type. If you are not liking your keyboard, consider getting a Cherry.
09-13-2021, 05:01 PM   #23503
Veteran Member

So now I *do* have an Epic coming my way, this time via FleaBay. It should work fine with the K-70, if not I may be forced to buy a Q or a GR.

The horrors.
09-13-2021, 05:08 PM - 2 Likes   #23504
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The bag I love to hate

Domke F-5XB, green "Heritage" edition

$51 shipped at Amazon Warehouse

Hopefully buyer who returned it didn't keep the dividers!

Chris
09-13-2021, 06:43 PM - 6 Likes   #23505
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Summer:Lake Superior - Michigan Winter:Texas Hill Country
QuoteOriginally posted by JimJohnson Quote
The below tablet holder should be delivered in 4-5 days. I also recently purchased a Lenovo Chromebook Duet - similar to a Microsoft Surface Pro, it is a tablet with a magnetically detachable keyboard. I have loaded Ricoh's Pentax Image Sync on the Chromebook. The tablet-camera link is tested and works amazingly well. The goal is to attach the tablet on a tripod's center column, and mirror my K-1's Live View in the app using Wi-Fi.

We have a unique opportunity to obtain extended family group portraits near the end of the month as we jet between states for celebrate grandchildren's birthdays. Setting the self-timer, running for your place and yelling SMILE! get portraits that look like well - I'm sure everyone here has seen them. With the camera's LV adjacent to the lens on a bit larger monitor and a mostly hidden IR shutter release, I am hopeful we can verbally adjust the cast of characters and shoot when we appear to have acceptable poses. I plan to use two bounce flashes, key & fill, for lighting. The two tripods are compact. It's likely the most transportable 'portrait studio' setup that I can carry on to a plane's cabin.
Tablet holder arrived today and it got its test run. Our dog substituted for for the squirmy child - he was more interested in the ball at my feet.