Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-21-2021, 06:12 AM - 1 Like   #23566
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bronica Zenzanon PS 150mm f4 to go with my new SQ-A. Now we're set!

09-21-2021, 06:33 AM - 3 Likes   #23567
Pentaxian

Not received yet but in principle I've bought a Miranda TM, which was also sold as the Soligor TM. It's similar to other Miranda SLRs but has an M42 mount rather than their own bayonet mount, which makes it much more suitable for me.

The camera, like many Mirandas, has interchangeable viewfinders, and is probably the cheapest way to get such viewfinders. Really I'm only bothered about having a waist-level one, which I've wanted for ages because (A) they look very cool, (B) I think they'll be good for street shooting and (C) they look very cool. A couple of years ago I bought a different Miranda plus a 50mm and a 35mm. The camera doesn't focus properly (I suspect degraded foam) and the focus on the 50mm is very stiff, so basically none of it is useable. I should have returned it all as soon as I got it as it was all marked as being fine, but I missed the opportunity and got stuck with it. I have eye and waist level VFs for it though and I believe they'll fit the TM, so I'll sell off the dodgy stuff for repairs once the TM gets here. It comes with a 50/1.8 so that'll be something new to try out regardless, and even if it's junk I have quite a few M42 lenses to choose from.

I'm also waiting to hear back on a good deal on the SMC F 35-70mm, which could replace my non-SMC version, and an old Canon kit zoom in black, which could replace the silver version I have. Non-SMC and silver Canon would then be sold on and I think I'll even make a bit of money on them.
09-21-2021, 06:34 AM - 4 Likes   #23568
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
The Pentax-110 70/2.8 made it in... what a beautiful lens... I know it is not the sharpest or fastest; but I've tried it already and it is tons of fun to use. Also, I think it is very unique; the built is amazing...

And for size comparison, sitting next to the Pentax-M 28/2.8 (sorry, no SMU's in this household):

09-21-2021, 12:17 PM - 3 Likes   #23569
Veteran Member

Umm... I did a thing.

At first I was worried about ergonomics, but now that I've got it I can see it's no worry - it's surprisingly comfortable in hand with the 21 Ltd and small grip. Can't wait to get out shooting and see if it was really worth the expense to upgrade from the K-50

Side note: on my K-50 I had the rear LCD off permanently, so that when I turned it on, the screen wouldn't. Can't seem to find how to do that here?

09-21-2021, 12:46 PM - 1 Like   #23570
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
I also noticed that I had not taken/posted any SMU shots of the TT Artisan 35mm f1.4:

I am curious. What is the lens on the right?

Steve
09-21-2021, 12:50 PM   #23571
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
Side note: on my K-50 I had the rear LCD off permanently, so that when I turned it on, the screen wouldn't. Can't seem to find how to do that here?
Press info button twice?

Steve
09-21-2021, 12:54 PM   #23572
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I am curious. What is the lens on the right?

Steve
Pentacon 28mm f2.8

09-21-2021, 01:07 PM - 1 Like   #23573
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Press info button twice?

Steve
That's what I thought - I press info twice and I can turn the screen off there, but if I then power off and power on the camera the screen is back on again... maybe I'm missing a menu option.

Maybe I should go look up this thing called a "manual", has anyone ever touched one of those before - I've heard horror stories

EDIT:
Sure enough, I found my answer within two minutes of opening the manual:

Last edited by bertwert; 09-21-2021 at 01:16 PM.
09-21-2021, 06:22 PM - 2 Likes   #23574
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Domke F6 camera bag

$60 shipped from Amazon Warehouse.
Someone's "buyer's remorse" return...

Chris
09-22-2021, 12:04 AM - 2 Likes   #23575
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
Umm... I did a thing.
It took me ages to decide to get a KP too. For the same reasons as yourself. I need not have worried. I have had mine two years now and it is probably my most used, though not my favourite (work that one out!), camera. I often wonder about getting a second body (just in case). It is a joy to use with small lenses such as your 21mm Ltd. I reckon you will notice an improvement in AF and high ISO performance for sure and maybe in other areas of IQ. I find the real benefits to me are improved SR system, nicer build quality, more custom modes the option of a battery grip.
09-22-2021, 06:28 AM - 1 Like   #23576
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by richard0170 Quote
It took me ages to decide to get a KP too. For the same reasons as yourself. I need not have worried. I have had mine two years now and it is probably my most used, though not my favourite (work that one out!), camera. I often wonder about getting a second body (just in case). It is a joy to use with small lenses such as your 21mm Ltd. I reckon you will notice an improvement in AF and high ISO performance for sure and maybe in other areas of IQ. I find the real benefits to me are improved SR system, nicer build quality, more custom modes the option of a battery grip.
Mm, from first impressions, I'm definitely going to like it!

What attracted me most was the high ISO performance - but the customization to make a body work best for me is nice, improved SR is a bonus too, as well as slightly more cropping power.
09-22-2021, 06:48 AM - 2 Likes   #23577
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

A 645 FA* 300 mm f/4 ED IF to use on my 645Z and K-mounts with a Pentax adapter

09-22-2021, 09:18 AM - 1 Like   #23578
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I bought an Asahi Pentax lens hood for normal K lenses, 50mm ƒ1.2 - 1.4, 55mm ƒ1.8. It came in an original box and the hood was still wrapped in plastic inside a new case. Lovely.
09-22-2021, 11:52 AM   #23579
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by richard0170 Quote
Now you have to tell us what your favorite camera is
09-22-2021, 02:24 PM - 1 Like   #23580
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
Now you have to tell us what your favorite camera is
On digital I really do have a soft spot for my K3. On film it would be one of my Fujica ST801n's.