Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20312 Likes Search this Thread
11-03-2021, 12:52 PM - 3 Likes   #23821
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

QuoteOriginally posted by Mbaez Quote
What a great job! I admire your skills.
Thanks, Marcos - you're very kind I wouldn't call them skills in my case, exactly... It's more a combination of being reasonably well-organised, working slowly and methodically, using the correct tools and cleaning / lubricating products, taking frequent breaks (especially when I'm confused and/or frustrated, which is often), and not panicking when things don't go as planned I've also learned that, as with most things in life, taking short cuts or doing a half a job to save time and effort usually backfires and results in more work soon after

QuoteOriginally posted by Mbaez Quote
BTW: The Hassy looks pretty.
Thank you It is a nice camera... not without its quirks, mind you, but an interesting and fun camera to use and one that's capable of extremely good results in most (if not all) situations. I get a kick out of shooting with it

11-03-2021, 05:30 PM - 1 Like   #23822
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My older brother had a Petri SLR, bought in the PX when he was in Vietnam '69-'70.
In the 1970's when one of the lenses malfunctioned he attempted to repair it.

He couldn't, and so brought the lens in pieces to a local authorized Petri service center.
The repair techs there told him even they had never seen one that had been taken apart that far.

Chris
11-03-2021, 11:55 PM - 1 Like   #23823
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
My older brother had a Petri SLR, bought in the PX when he was in Vietnam '69-'70.
In the 1970's when one of the lenses malfunctioned he attempted to repair it.

He couldn't, and so brought the lens in pieces to a local authorized Petri service center.
The repair techs there told him even they had never seen one that had been taken apart that far.

Chris
Beyond Petri-fied then
11-04-2021, 12:07 PM - 5 Likes   #23824
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

New camera and kit

Lots of excitement unpacking newly acquired Hasselblad HV camera, which is simply a gilded version of the Sony a99 with different camera housing and lots of little extras. Batteries are already in the charger, and I am looking forward to checking out the Zeiss Vario Sonnar 24-70mm f 2.8. The camera came with around 9,000 clicks, and camera and lens both look like new with no visible marks, scuffs, etc. There were only 100 of these cameras produced (the Hasselblad version, I mean), and at least two of us Pentax Forum members have one of them. Click here to learn more about it: Hasselblad HV DSLR camera kit | eBay

11-04-2021, 01:34 PM - 2 Likes   #23825
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ivanvernon Quote
Lots of excitement unpacking newly acquired Hasselblad HV camera, which is simply a gilded version of the Sony a99 with different camera housing and lots of little extras. Batteries are already in the charger, and I am looking forward to checking out the Zeiss Vario Sonnar 24-70mm f 2.8. The camera came with around 9,000 clicks, and camera and lens both look like new with no visible marks, scuffs, etc. There were only 100 of these cameras produced (the Hasselblad version, I mean), and at least two of us Pentax Forum members have one of them. Click here to learn more about it: Hasselblad HV DSLR camera kit | eBay
Congratulations on the HV kit, Ivan! I'm excited for you... I think you're going to have a ball with it
11-05-2021, 01:58 AM - 2 Likes   #23826
Pentaxian

An A series 24-50mm f/4 zoom should be on it's way to me in the very near future, though I won't get my hands on it until I get back from holiday in ten days or so. I'm hoping for decent performance on digital but mainly I intend it for use on film cameras where it'll provide a nice general use focal range, especially for travel, if I can bring myself to take it instead of a nice little 28mm prime.
11-05-2021, 03:18 AM - 4 Likes   #23827
Pentaxian

Pentax K1 with K20mm f4 and K28mm f3.5

Recent Pentax purchases that were unplanned but very welcome.

The K1 from a local member, the K28 from an interstate member and the K20 found at a local camera store. These all have great reputations, and the K series lenses go well with the K1 as full frame lenses.
This pic taken with my other K series lens, the K55mm f1.8. I am already getting very good results, and still not familiar with the K1 body yet. These K lenses also look fantastic on the K1 body.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-70  Photo 
11-05-2021, 06:13 AM - 2 Likes   #23828
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by bobD Quote
Beyond Petri-fied then
Did he bring it in for service in a Petri dish?

TEASER - If the shipping schedule holds up a 75 pound (34 Kg) box will be arriving at the house on Monday, November 8. My totally off the wall purchase of 2021. But hey, it was a good black Friday deal. Saved $250.

Not photography related.

Wife is amused? Maybe bemused? Maybe confused? Maybe all the aforementioned?

Last edited by gaweidert; 11-05-2021 at 01:12 PM.
11-05-2021, 07:23 AM - 1 Like   #23829
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Gary H Perth Quote

The K1 from a local member, the K28 from an interstate member and the K20 found at a local camera store. These all have great reputations, and the K series lenses go well with the K1 as full frame lenses.
This pic taken with my other K series lens, the K55mm f1.8. I am already getting very good results, and still not familiar with the K1 body yet. These K lenses also look fantastic on the K1 body.
Congratulations! Your kit looks really good! I look forward to see your pictures.
11-05-2021, 07:55 AM - 1 Like   #23830
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I predict extreme happiness in you photo future. The K1 simply does not disappoint. If you get a copy of the DA 28-105 lens you will be very happy with it too.
11-05-2021, 09:21 AM   #23831
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
I predict extreme happiness in you photo future. The K1 simply does not disappoint. If you get a copy of the DA 28-105 lens you will be very happy with it too.
Yes, I was thinking that. So far (in a few weeks only) I have been concentrating on the K and M series primes, but the F 35-105mm is really pretty good as a general-purpose FF zoom with AF. And my "plastic fantastic" 35mm f2.4 also does really well.
11-05-2021, 10:13 AM - 1 Like   #23832
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
I predict extreme happiness in you photo future. The K1 simply does not disappoint.
Yes, I was thinking that.
I'm only a couple of weeks into my K1 ownership. It took me years of prevarication, caused by initial dislike over the bulk and scepticism over whether I would actually get much improvement over APSC without a lot of hassle eg: tripod and separate flash unit, but I finally succumbed and I am won over. For considered photography, rather than walk about snapping, it is sublime.
11-05-2021, 10:32 AM - 2 Likes   #23833
Pentaxian

I got a very clean SMC PENTAX-M MACRO 1:4 100mm. Looks like it was made in the 70s?
It's fun to shoot with.
One thing I plan to do with it is convert film negatives and slides to digital.
I have a flatbed scanner but it is slow.
11-05-2021, 11:55 AM   #23834
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Lloyd_Christmas Quote
I got a very clean SMC PENTAX-M MACRO 1:4 100mm. Looks like it was made in the 70s?
Yes, introduced in 1977 and succeeded by the Pentax-A 100/4 Macro in 1984.

QuoteOriginally posted by Lloyd_Christmas Quote
It's fun to shoot with.
One thing I plan to do with it is convert film negatives and slides to digital.
I have a flatbed scanner but it is slow.
It should work well for that task.

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 11-05-2021 at 12:02 PM. Reason: wrong word
11-05-2021, 02:11 PM   #23835
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Marcus Rowland Quote
Got nothing this weekend, but today a courier delivered a charity shop item I bought last week - a very nice condition Russian Fed 2 Leica clone with a Jupiter-12 2.8/35mm lens which is a seriously weird design - the rear of the lens protrudes about 20mm past the mount and is hour-glass shaped. Got it for £25.99 including P&P which is amazing value.

The Jupiter-12 35 mm f/ 2.8 Lens. Specs. MTF Charts. User Reviews.

I want to play with the lens on Micro 4/3, maybe on Nex too. I've got a friend 3D printing a rear cap for it, since I have no M39 rear caps with that much room.
Spoke too soon - it isn't suitable for Micro 4/3, at least not on my Panasonic Lumix DMC G3, the rear of the lens protrudes so far it touches the plastic around the sensor, which is recessed slightly, before it's on the camera properly. I haven't tried it on Nex because I don't have a mount, but it looks like the same thing will probably apply. Might work on a full-frame NEX or other full-frame mirrorless cameras, I suppose, but I think I'm going to have to use film for my trial shots. Only the second time I'll have used film since the early 2000s - last time it was to test a weird panoramic camera.

Meanwhile I got a couple of 35mm cameras for a tenner today - a Cosmic Symbol and a Dacora Dignette. Both simple cameras but with a good range of speeds and apertures, should appeal to the Lomography market.