Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20312 Likes Search this Thread
02-05-2022, 09:27 AM   #24571
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Gary H Perth Quote
If Jealousy is a curse then I am cursed. I want one but these are so rare at sensible prices.

Have fun with it, looks perfect!

Interestingly, for all my K series lenses, green button metering overexposes by about 1 stop, so I hit the green button then turn the aperture ring by two clicks. I wonder if it's just my K-1? I will try on my K-70 and K-30 in next few days.
every one of my bodies has metered slightly-different than the next, and then add in the difference in lenses and how each of them meters....

I do 'chimp' a bit when shooting fully-manual K-mount or M42 lenses on my DSLR bodies, but dramatically less so with the Fuji or Olympus MILC's (obviously)...

02-05-2022, 10:32 AM   #24572
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Marcus Rowland Quote
And I lost that bet - it's for Canon mirrorless. Not going to return it because it's unused, as far as I can tell, boxed and with all documents etc., and worth more than I paid, so I'll try to figure out a way to test it (probably on micro 4/3) and sell it on.
Looks like the only way to test it with my current gear is with some extension beyond the designed flange focal distance, so I'll probably end up rigging an adapter to use it for macro on one of my bodies. Unless I can persuade a camera shop to let me test it on one of their Eos M bodies or something...

Today's sole find was a Prinzflex 1:3.5 70-162mm zoom for M42 - needs tightening up a bit but it's clean and works. Paid a fiver and hopefully will make a pound or two on it.
02-05-2022, 11:10 AM - 1 Like   #24573

If you want small, light, fast focusing and very affordable telephoto lens with quite usable image quality, you might want this small Sigma DC 55-200/4-5.6, which I got for about $35...

Autofocus:

An old review:
Sigma AF 55-200mm f/4-5.6 DC - Review / Lab Test Report
02-05-2022, 11:19 AM - 1 Like   #24574
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

For SWMBO, a refurbished Dell Win 10 Pro box for C$403 from Staples Canada. Arrived the first day of the delivery window Thursday afternoon Feb 3. Added $100.19 for EaseUS ToDo to transfer the stuff from the old HDD to the new PC, and it's not recognizing my USB box, although Windows can see everything just fine. Got her email and Facebook running just fine, now on customer support to resolve disk recognition. Ain't `compooters` fun? NOT.

02-05-2022, 12:01 PM - 3 Likes   #24575

For me, it was an 8 element 50 f1.4 and 1:1 50mm f/4.

They arrived this week, but I"m still waiting for my M42 to K adapter to arrive to give these lenses a work out.

BTW- I bought these because this forum is SO FREAKIN INFORMATIVE for someone new to Pentax.
02-05-2022, 12:34 PM - 4 Likes   #24576
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A new banister rail for our stair well. We chose not to buy an expensive and difficult to fit off the shelf one, but cobbled one together from 28mm (1 1/4") copper tubing, some brackets and a couple of copper end caps. Looks either quite nautical or a bit steam punk IMO.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
X-T1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
X-T1  Photo 
02-05-2022, 01:25 PM   #24577
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by richard0170 Quote
A new banister rail for our stair well. We chose not to buy an expensive and difficult to fit off the shelf one, but cobbled one together from 28mm (1 1/4") copper tubing, some brackets and a couple of copper end caps. Looks either quite nautical or a bit steam punk IMO.
Nicely done!

02-05-2022, 01:59 PM   #24578

Can some admin remove non-photographic related stuff please?
02-05-2022, 03:09 PM - 2 Likes   #24579
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by xmeda Quote

like what?
02-05-2022, 05:12 PM - 4 Likes   #24580
Pentaxian

I might be wrong but I believe any latest acquisition is allowed here, it's the Off-topic forums, after all.
But my latest acquisition is picking up a Takumar 200mm f4 today, with original case, Perrin Sportsman case, about 8 old Vivitar filters and original receipt from April 1970. $25 and the glass looks almost like new. Havent tried it out yet but I enjoyed finding it
02-05-2022, 06:26 PM - 6 Likes   #24581
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Waffles Quote
I might be wrong but I believe any latest acquisition is allowed here, it's the Off-topic forums, after all.
But my latest acquisition is picking up a Takumar 200mm f4 today, with original case, Perrin Sportsman case, about 8 old Vivitar filters and original receipt from April 1970. $25 and the glass looks almost like new. Havent tried it out yet but I enjoyed finding it
This thread currently runs to 1639 pages and 24579 replies. I think it may be a little late to talk about removing non-photographic stuff...

Oooh! My thousandth post!
02-05-2022, 07:00 PM - 3 Likes   #24582
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I enjoy seeing the non-photo items posted here.

Chris
02-05-2022, 07:37 PM - 2 Likes   #24583
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
I enjoy seeing the non-photo items posted here.

Chris
As the request to stop non-photo items happened right after a double treatment of photos of a do-it-yourself project including some colour effects, I thought it was a fine photo example, and don't think it belongs elsewhere.
02-05-2022, 08:06 PM - 1 Like   #24584
Loyal Site Supporter

Obviously most "latest acquisitions" on a camera forum will be photography related, but other acquired things are allowed in this General Talk thread.

EDIT: I neglected to mention my recently purchased "mint" Sigma 170-500 APO DG, and gently used Lensbaby Edge 80 optic. Could they be 2 more different lenses?

The 80 arrived yesterday and has good creative potential for my portrait stuff. It's already been fun playing with it. The Sigma comes in later this week. Not a lens I have high hopes of sticking around, but wanted to try it anyway. I hope to be pleasantly surprised.

Last edited by gatorguy; 02-05-2022 at 08:27 PM.
02-05-2022, 08:24 PM - 5 Likes   #24585
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Here is the post that started this thread, back in 2010:
QuoteOriginally posted by Perrumpo Quote
I searched around but found no other thread made for posting what you last purchased/acquired. It's usually a popular type of thread, and I know I'm interested in seeing what gear people are buying, whether it's photography-related or not. Pictures are recommended, particularly your own!

And here is part of the "General Talk Guidelines" posted by Adam:
QuoteQuote:
Welcome to the PentaxForums.com General Talk section! Feel free to discuss any non-photographic and non-political topics in here, but make sure that threads about camera brands other than Pentax go in the Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. - PentaxForums.com forum. Please remember to keep your discussions intelligent and appropriate- "General Talk" does not mean "Unmoderated Posting."