Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20312 Likes Search this Thread
03-12-2022, 07:43 AM   #24826
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Gorgarath Quote

This brings me one step closer to actually buying a wrist/hand strap as I know Peak Design also makes those that work with these anchor points.
I have one and find it fantastic. Looks lovely in the grey/tan.
My only 'complaint' is that when not attached to the camera, so using it as a 'wristband', the magnet isn't particularly strong so can come undone relatively easily.

03-12-2022, 08:02 AM - 1 Like   #24827
Total n00b Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Benz3ne Quote
I have one and find it fantastic. Looks lovely in the grey/tan.
My only 'complaint' is that when not attached to the camera, so using it as a 'wristband', the magnet isn't particularly strong so can come undone relatively easily.
I'm not sure what magnet you are referring to, is this on the wrist strap or hand strap?

After doing another look, it seems my memory was a bit off, as I don't see anything resembling what I was picturing in my head. It must have been a different company's product. They have the wrist strap which isn't really what I want, and "the clutch" which looks to be a pretty basic hand strap. Neither is as robust as I was thinking, it seems I'd have to go with a different brand for a more secure version that is more of a combination wrist and hand strap.

Since it looks like the clutch has to connect directly to the strap lug, I could possibly use the clutch and wrist strap together which would make it a tad more secure, the wrist strap would catch it if it slipped from my hand. But I'm not sure it would work like other more secure hand straps where you can relax your hand and not hold the camera while walking, but instantly grab it and bring it up for a shot whenever needed. (Though the one picture on their site seems to imply that the base plate can have multiple anchors attached as well as it shows a camera strap attached to the other lug and apparently the base plate while the clutch is also attached, so I could keep it secure with the neck/shoulder strap and can probably slide my hand into the hand strap quickly or just grab overtop of it if needed.)

EDIT> Nevermind, a little further reading on the wrist cuff explained the magnet that is used to wear it as a braclet.

Last edited by Gorgarath; 03-12-2022 at 08:03 AM. Reason: Found my answer with more research
03-12-2022, 12:42 PM   #24828
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That's pretty cool. I have a friend out in CO who has had to learn to fly drones for her work. She's principally an editor, but she also has to do filming occasionally as well. And I think currently, since they made her get her license to be able to fly drones for commercial purposes, she's the only one able to use the drones for filming.

No idea what model she uses or what kind of pictures it can take, but the film footage she gets from it is pretty impressive. The one commercial they did was following some rally go-karts and it looked really good.
A commercial license is a serious proposition to the very simple UK flyer id, which is simply a multiple choice questionnaire and the dji mini is capable of 2.7k video, so at the lower end but still quite impressive. I'm looking forward to using it.
03-12-2022, 02:00 PM   #24829
Pentaxian

I'm not sure what magnet you are referring to, is this on the wrist strap or hand strap?

After doing another look, it seems my memory was a bit off, as I don't see anything resembling what I was picturing in my head. It must have been a different company's product. They have the wrist strap which isn't really what I want, and "the clutch" which looks to be a pretty basic hand strap. Neither is as robust as I was thinking, it seems I'd have to go with a different brand for a more secure version that is more of a combination wrist and hand strap.

Since it looks like the clutch has to connect directly to the strap lug, I could possibly use the clutch and wrist strap together which would make it a tad more secure, the wrist strap would catch it if it slipped from my hand. But I'm not sure it would work like other more secure hand straps where you can relax your hand and not hold the camera while walking, but instantly grab it and bring it up for a shot whenever needed. (Though the one picture on their site seems to imply that the base plate can have multiple anchors attached as well as it shows a camera strap attached to the other lug and apparently the base plate while the clutch is also attached, so I could keep it secure with the neck/shoulder strap and can probably slide my hand into the hand strap quickly or just grab overtop of it if needed.)

EDIT> Nevermind, a little further reading on the wrist cuff explained the magnet that is used to wear it as a braclet.
Wrist strap, my apologies. Edit covers this but thought I'd clarify from my part.

03-13-2022, 03:45 AM - 3 Likes   #24830
Pentaxian

Bought an SFX with F 50mm f/1.7 on it for €78, which is good - the lens alone usually goes for more than that. I recently got another F 50/1.7 that I'm enjoying more than I ever did the FA version (too flimsy) and as much as the DAL 50/1.8, with the added benefit that it's fully compatible with all my K film cameras. So I'll have two copies of the F and the other two will be sold off.

I don't need the SFX, I have three SFXns I think, but this one looks brand new in the photos so I might keep it.
03-13-2022, 08:20 PM - 5 Likes   #24831
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
K10D kit, to check out the CCD coupled with M42 glass.
03-15-2022, 08:10 PM - 5 Likes   #24832
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
With a new job comes new gear! I just got a new full time job as a Park Worker 3 at the state park I work at so I bought a new backpack and a new lightweight jacket. While those were more convenience purchases, I need to buy new boots to replace the pair of seriously worn out ones I currently wear so I'll be buying a pair of Red Wings. And eventually I'll be getting a Dewalt impact and screwdriver set.

03-15-2022, 08:41 PM - 1 Like   #24833

The Monoprice carbon fiber trippod kept falling apart on my wife. The legs loosen counter-clockwise. But if it was too tight, it would unscrew the leg connector and let it come completely apart. I can make it work but it's annoying and needs some threadlock to fix it. Still on the to-do list and I mark it up to buying budget stuff (not a complaint, just budget stuff is more likely to need modifications or repairs).

So browsing Adorama and saw an open box "3 Legged Thing Leo 2.0 Tripod Kit with AirHed Pro Lever Ball Head" for about 20% off. Description said the box was damaged. 20% off due to damaged packaging I'll throw in the recycle bin? It went in the basket. Got it out of the nearly undamaged box and it's about the same size as the Monoprice it's replacing. Cool colors, different knobs, but looks about the same. Except it's significantly heavier. Hmm... Stand it up, add some of my weight, and start twisting on the tripod. OK, the legs are the same size but much, much stiffer. Standing next to each other they look similar but the 3 Legged Thing will definitely handle a bigger load.

The only complaint prior to use is the lever to remove the plate is way too stiff. No way my wife will be able to use that. Looks like I might be able to adjust the tension so hopefully it'll get resolved tomorrow.
03-15-2022, 11:44 PM   #24834
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Got a MindShift Gear Exposure 13 Shoulder Bag from B&H for $79 (~$86 with tax), half off it's regular price. Guess it was good timing cuz a few hours later it showed at discontinued, guess that's why it was half off. There's some still up on Adorama & a few other sites, and the Exposure 15 version (a couple inches bigger) is still shown at full price of $170
03-16-2022, 02:59 AM   #24835
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by disconnekt Quote
Got a MindShift Gear Exposure 13 Shoulder Bag from B&H for $79 (~$86 with tax), half off it's regular price. Guess it was good timing cuz a few hours later it showed at discontinued, guess that's why it was half off. There's some still up on Adorama & a few other sites, and the Exposure 15 version (a couple inches bigger) is still shown at full price of $170
Did you buy the version that comes with tax or the other version that comes without tax, it seems you had a choice.
03-16-2022, 07:15 AM - 3 Likes   #24836
Pentaxian

Good looking SMC Pentax-m 50mm 1:4 apart from the dent (for which i got a vise)

This one skipped customs so I got it fast once it shipped from Japan.
03-16-2022, 07:45 AM - 1 Like   #24837
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeyBugs95 Quote
I just got a new full time job as a Park Worker 3 at the state park I work a
Congrats on the new gig. tate job at a State Park must be pretty neat. I am also a NY State employee, but with the Court system... so I do not get to enjoy the outdoors like you do.

---------- Post added 03-16-22 at 10:47 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
Good looking SMC Pentax-m 50mm 1:4 apart from the dent (for which i got a vise)
If the vise does not work out, needle-nose pliers wrapped in electrical tape - very subtle, but it will "undent" the filter thread. I've done so with other lenses, does not get it to 100%, but it works.
03-16-2022, 01:47 PM   #24838
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeyBugs95 Quote
With a new job comes new gear! I just got a new full time job as a Park Worker 3 at the state park I work at ...

Congratulations on the promotion.
New York State Parks had record attendance and camping stays last year, no doubt partially due to the pandemic.
I visit them regularly, all around the state.
I hope funding continues to increase.
Keep up the good work.

https://parks.ny.gov/

Chris
03-16-2022, 03:19 PM   #24839
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
Did you buy the version that comes with tax or the other version that comes without tax, it seems you had a choice.
Both would've had taxes regardless, the Messenger 15 bag wouldve been ~$185 with taxes included.
03-16-2022, 10:57 PM - 5 Likes   #24840
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

One of my birthday presents from my lovely wife. I just happened to mention (not actually hinting) that I was thinking about a Pelican-type case for my K-1 gear, and she quietly went out and added it to the pile!
Attached Images