Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
A bottle of rodinal and some euro110 (hc110) so that's me set for years to come

05-18-2022, 11:13 PM - 4 Likes   #25142
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just because something is cheap doesn't automatically mean it isn't any good, I picked this gimbal up second hand for $100. The other two Gimbals up for sale second hand were quality wimberly heads, but they have seen some very rough treatment.

This one looked like it had hardly been used, mainly because the owner didn't know how to fix it as movement on it was very sluggish and stiff.

Neewer Gimbal head - After reading through some tutorials, pulled it apart, cleaned it, replaced the atrocious grease, replaced the bearing, and re-greased it with high quality lithium grease. Now its motion is as smooth as my significantly heavier (and over 10X more expensive) Promedia Katana Gimbal.

Should be perfect for smaller scale wildlife photography.

Last edited by Digitalis; 05-18-2022 at 11:23 PM.
05-19-2022, 03:50 AM - 2 Likes   #25143
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Formal Harem Naming

OK, so to follow on from my post of last week, transcript as follows...

"Harem Chaos" Potentially turbulent times ahead in the "Harem", in terms of the carnage of acceptance jealousy... standard issue Kevlar protective clothing and helmet, are advised to be worn at all times throughout this entire process. A new "Harem initiate" is currently inbound from another forum member. This will endeavour to plug an obvious focal length shortfall... well that's the tale Lady Kerrowdown has been told. As is the way in our forum world, fellow members have always assisted in the naming process of my "Ladies" for their "Harem Membership".

Well a new good looking "Lady" (Pentax-A 35mm F2) has just arrived this morning from a fellow forum member. So she's about to go out on hot date (well the sun is shining, albeit briefly) and undergo her first "Sea Trials" with the old Kerrowdown.

As she can't officially enter the Harem with her innominate tag, she needs your assistance. This is an absolutely "Unique Opportunity" to go down in the annals of time, with a formal recognition as "Harem Name Giver". Not many may claim such a title, WPRESTO has started the ball rolling with his suggestion of Circe (a Greek Enchantress Goddess).

If anyone else has thoughts on appropriate name for this "Lady" please respond now and thank you all for allowing me this moment of indulgence.

STOP PRESS UPDATE:

Three quick images from the new herself, shot close, mid and far distance.

Update: After seeking wise counsel she has entered the Harem under the trial basis, with the nomenclature of Bohemian Lady Pentax-A 35mm F2.0
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 

Last edited by Kerrowdown; 05-21-2022 at 08:58 AM.
05-19-2022, 08:40 AM   #25144
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote

"Harem Chaos" Potentially turbulent times ahead in the "Harem", in terms of the carnage of acceptance jealousy... standard issue Kevlar protective clothing and helmet, are advised to be worn at all times throughout this entire process. A new "Harem initiate" is currently inbound from another forum member. This will endeavour to plug an obvious focal length shortfall... well that's the tale Lady Kerrowdown has been told. As is the way in our forum world, fellow members have always assisted in the naming process of my "Ladies" for their "Harem Membership".

Well a new good looking "Lady" (Pentax-A 35mm F2) has just arrived this morning from a fellow forum member. So she's about to go out on hot date (well the sun is shining, albeit briefly) and undergo her first "Sea Trials" with the old Kerrowdown.

As she can't officially enter the Harem with her innominate tag, she needs your assistance. This is an absolutely "Unique Opportunity" to go down in the annals of time, with a formal recognition as "Harem Name Giver". Not many may claim such a title, WPRESTO has started the ball rolling with his suggestion of Circe (a Greek Enchantress Goddess).

If anyone else has thoughts on appropriate name for this "Lady" please respond now and thank you all for allowing me this moment of indulgence.

STOP PRESS UPDATE:

Another suggestion from me = Aglaia

05-19-2022, 10:11 AM   #25145
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

STOP PRESS UPDATE:

nice shots...

given your location, I'd go with Morgana or Morgan le Fey.....
05-19-2022, 12:59 PM   #25146
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
What about "bonnie lassie"
05-19-2022, 01:50 PM   #25147
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

As she’s been some time coming, why not “Lady-in-Waiting”?

05-19-2022, 05:56 PM - 2 Likes   #25148
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Nikon F to Fuji X-mount macro-focusing helicoid arrived today:

and the full 30 mm extension:

which gives this lens a boost, from this at MFD:

to this:

05-20-2022, 11:29 AM - 4 Likes   #25149
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Got this mint condition Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 1/4.5 20mm and matching hood with cases from older gentleman who bought them in Vietnam around 1970.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS  Photo 
05-20-2022, 02:02 PM   #25150
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great serial number!
05-20-2022, 05:58 PM - 1 Like   #25151
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Bought a ball head for the monopod, so I’ve got something to steady a 500mm lens whenI’m biking - my home-made holster won’t hold the tripod and gimbal
05-20-2022, 07:58 PM   #25152
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by blumoon722 Quote
Got this mint condition Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 1/4.5 20mm and matching hood with cases from older gentleman who bought them in Vietnam around 1970.
You will like the lens. It is great. I like mine.

It takes 77mm filters in the middle of the lens hood, where it splits. Filters on the lens will vignette.

The colors are good, as is the flare control. It is a small light package. It is suprisingly sharp too. Not as sharp as the Samyang 20mm, but smaller and lighter. It is amazing considering it was designed in the '60s.
05-20-2022, 10:32 PM   #25153
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by blumoon722 Quote
Very good find.

Should be a good one to use. I like the bit of projection distortion it has.

The hood divides into two pieces.
05-21-2022, 04:23 AM - 1 Like   #25154
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

M42 135mm SMC Takumar and hood for £44 including postage arrived this morning in spankingly good nick. Just in time for a road trip at the beginning of June. Yay!
05-21-2022, 05:19 AM - 3 Likes   #25155
Pentaxian

No need for a photo of this one - a Pentax A 50mm f2.8 macro to round out my collection of MF K mounts., which now looks like:

K 20mm
K24mm (a bit of a haze issue)
K28mm f3.5
M28mm f3.5
M35mm f2.8
M40mm
K50mm f1.4
M50mm f1.4
A50mm macro
A50mm f1.7
K55mm f1.8
A100mm f2.8 (not the macro)