Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20312 Likes Search this Thread
07-24-2022, 10:59 AM   #25441
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by lmd91343 Quote
You used the PURPLE Loctite not the red or blue. I use it when I glue adapters on lenses.

The red requires a torch to break.
The blue requires 15 foot/pounds.
The purple is designed for fixing adjustment screws on dial displays, less than one foot pound.
I did use purple. My previous post was a picture of the adapters and Loctite when they arrived. 😊👍

07-24-2022, 01:29 PM - 2 Likes   #25442
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mbaez Quote
I did use purple. My previous post was a picture of the adapters and Loctite when they arrived. 😊👍
I saw that from the label. I knew you did the right one.

I just wanted to make sure anyone who might copy you would use the proper color.
07-24-2022, 02:12 PM   #25443
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by lmd91343 Quote
I saw that from the label. I knew you did the right one.

I just wanted to make sure anyone who might copy you would use the proper color.
Thank you for your willingness to help. That's why I like this forum more than any other.
07-26-2022, 01:47 PM - 1 Like   #25444
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
After looking for a couple of weeks I finally found a dust-free and mark-free Tamron 150-600 in excellent condition at a more than fair price. Now I gotta get out and shoot which won't happen until the weekend, weather permitting.

07-27-2022, 12:57 AM - 3 Likes   #25445
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

To think that people complain about K-3 Mk III price. 216 shots and 80$ here. In preparation for August SiC and DiC

07-27-2022, 09:58 AM   #25446
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jersey Quote
To think that people complain about K-3 Mk III price. 216 shots and 80$ here. In preparation for August SiC and DiC
I didn't know they released I higher ISO version of Ektar. I tried a few rolls of the original ISO25 Ektar and it is/was a remarkably fine-grained, high-resolution film, easily rivaling the best chrome films for IQ. I did not do more than experiment with Ektar as I used color negative film primarily for family photography where ISO400 was more valuable than super-fine image quality. For nature, scenic, etc I used chrome film = Kodachrome ISO25, Ektachrome ISO64, and Velvia ISO40.
07-27-2022, 11:22 AM - 3 Likes   #25447
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
I didn't know they released I higher ISO version of Ektar. I tried a few rolls of the original ISO25 Ektar and it is/was a remarkably fine-grained, high-resolution film, easily rivaling the best chrome films for IQ. I did not do more than experiment with Ektar as I used color negative film primarily for family photography where ISO400 was more valuable than super-fine image quality. For nature, scenic, etc I used chrome film = Kodachrome ISO25, Ektachrome ISO64, and Velvia ISO40.
In the days when I mostly shot slides as I needed at least some of them for projection, I used Kodachrome 64 whenever I could afford it. Now that I use digital for images I need to project, and K64 no longer exists, I use Ektar 100 a great deal. I came second in a Kodak Alaris / Analogue Wonderland Ektar competition a couple of years ago.

Golf course tree again par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity

07-27-2022, 11:53 AM - 2 Likes   #25448
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by womble Quote
In the days when I mostly shot slides as I needed at least some of them for projection, I used Kodachrome 64 whenever I could afford it. Now that I use digital for images I need to project, and K64 no longer exists, I use Ektar 100 a great deal. I came second in a Kodak Alaris / Analogue Wonderland Ektar competition a couple of years ago.

Golf course tree again par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity

Curiously, I came in as one of three runners up (= 1st place then runners up, no second or third places) in the "picture within a picture" contest Kodak ran to promote the original Ektar 25. The winner got a Nikon camera & lens. I got a congratulatory letter and a request to send in the negative so they could be sure I had actually used Ektar 25 to take the image. I saved the issue of Popular Photography in which Kodak used the four images to announce the winner, and also to promote Ektar 25,
07-27-2022, 01:58 PM   #25449
Pentaxian

Curiously, I came in as one of three runners up (= 1st place then runners up, no second or third places) in the "picture within a picture" contest Kodak ran to promote the original Ektar 25. The winner got a Nikon camera & lens. I got a congratulatory letter and a request to send in the negative so they could be sure I had actually used Ektar 25 to take the image. I saved the issue of Popular Photography in which Kodak used the four images to announce the winner, and also to promote Ektar 25,
What fun! I won ten rolls of the new Ektachrome, five 120 and five 35mm. They trusted us not to cheat!
07-27-2022, 11:32 PM - 3 Likes   #25450
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wow its all about film today hopefully today I am going to get a 100ft roll of ilford xp2 super. It expired in 2020 but is still as good as new and I paid £55! Its £102 on ilford website so that's 26x24 exposures at just over £2 per roll! What a bargain
07-28-2022, 12:12 AM - 1 Like   #25451
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

When I shoot film I used Astia/Velvia with whatever ASA I could get pre 89 (so during communism) as it was pure luck to get them into hands. Or b&w, I rarely used color negatives, they were accessible, but mostly Russian or DDR and those had creepy yellowish tint on them. Slides were very popular then in Poland, there were even slide books released together with photobooks for example at museums an so on. Now I rarely use slide as there is no one interested in seeing them (and I even have a projector and portable screen ), while printed photos still are viewed with interest. So I switched to negatives and after several rolls of whatever I could get in my hands I ended with Ektar as one that fits best my needs for outdoor photo. Inside or event photography I use digital only.
07-28-2022, 06:01 PM - 1 Like   #25452
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Qty. 3 - NIP Nikon AN-4B neck strap

Thin black nylon neck strap

From an eBay seller in Japan

Chris
07-29-2022, 06:45 AM - 2 Likes   #25453
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Lens Foot and Plate replacement from Fanotec
for Pentax DA* 60-250mm and DA* 300mm

I ordered both pieces after reading a thread in this forum asking for a foot replacement. I am very happy with the purchase, it worked fantastic in the last super-moon.

Sony A7R3a + K&F M42E adapter + Macro-Takumar 50/4 @ f11

Last edited by Mbaez; 07-29-2022 at 08:19 AM.
07-29-2022, 06:05 PM - 5 Likes   #25454
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Finally broke down and got a FA 77 Limited. Lighting fast shipping from Japan (48 hours). I can't even get stuff shipped that fast across the state. Thought it was going to be stuck in FedEx hell as there were initial issues of trying to get it routed to a shipping center when it said a signature was required and no one was home. Tracking said a delivery attempt was made (BS) and it was routed to a FedEx hub. Stopped in after work and they said they didn't have it and it was at the place I had it routed to (I called an hour earlier and it wasn't, or at least they couldn't find it.) But all was well and I got it.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
SM-S908U  Photo 
07-29-2022, 07:05 PM - 2 Likes   #25455
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jersey Quote

I really like Ektar. I’ve got 9 rolls of 120 in the fridge, ready for whenever my camera returns from its trip to the repair shop.