Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20314 Likes Search this Thread
09-23-2022, 11:59 AM - 1 Like   #25636

QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
The insulation used for the wires is made from soy based plastic. All part of the green movement.

I have been fighting a running battle with squirrels eating my 2017 Nissan Frontier for years. This year they got the hose to my windshield squirters and the antenna wire for my radio. in the last monthI have cleaned three nests out and I am even leaving DeCon under the hood. I had to put screening over the air intake because the plastic box that holds the air filter makes a great nest. Then they chew the air filter for fun and bits of paper wind up clogging your mass airflow sensor. For some reason that was not covered under warranty.

I came close to needing a main wiring harness replaced but caught it in time and taped over the damage. One would think that making edible wire harnesses might send up a warning to "the smart people in charge" of the auto companies but they let it pass.
Aside from getting rid of the squirrels, the best suggestions I've come across are deterrents (moth balls, essential oils, etc.) under the hood or Honda part # 4019-2317. The second option is a capsaicin infused tape but it is expensive. Not sure if you have to completely cover the wiring harness with the tape or just run a strip lengthwise.

09-23-2022, 12:13 PM - 2 Likes   #25637
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Picked up a very nice small tripod, an AOKA. Folds down to ~8 inches, extends out to ~28", and is VERY sturdy. The plan is to use this not for the camera but for auxiliary lighting, I have a nice little LED panel that'll mount to this. Hopefully this will work nicely for foreground lighting for astro shots, or for various effects in macro work - either fill lighting or "make me some shadow" lighting to highlight texture etc. I don't do portrait work, but that too if I did :-)
Attached Images

09-24-2022, 04:40 AM - 3 Likes   #25638
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jspi Quote
Aside from getting rid of the squirrels, the best suggestions I've come across are deterrents (moth balls, essential oils, etc.) under the hood or Honda part # 4019-2317. The second option is a capsaicin infused tape but it is expensive. Not sure if you have to completely cover the wiring harness with the tape or just run a strip lengthwise.
I checked under the hood yesterday morning and all was well. I went out at 5 in the after noon and found another stash of grass under the top plastic engine cover and two walnuts placed on suitable shelves. Vacuumed out the grass and tossed the walnuts.

The truck will fit into the garage so it is now parked in there while my wife is out of town. I am considering getting a pellet gun. Since I live in the burbs, a 22 is not an option. I may lose my Good Squirrel Citizen card (The last award bestowed by our beloved Rupert) but this is getting frustrating and expensive. Rupert old buddy, if you have any say up there with "the Boss", could you convince him to tell your little friend to take up residence somewhere else.
09-24-2022, 01:16 PM - 2 Likes   #25639
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Ordered a 20" threaded cable release & a Pentax o-me53 eyecup.
Unfortunately, the eyecup showed up as "Backordered" AFTER I placed the order. 😑😑
2nd time this has happened when ordering something from Adorama of them showing a product being available only to be "Backordered" after placing an order.

UPDATE: Well, it seems I got the last O-ME53 from Adorama because the it was stuck on "processing" since friday, and just got an email today saying it was mailed out.

Last edited by disconnekt; 09-25-2022 at 03:30 PM.
09-27-2022, 06:42 AM   #25640
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by disconnekt Quote
Ordered a 20" threaded cable release & a Pentax o-me53 eyecup.
Unfortunately, the eyecup showed up as "Backordered" AFTER I placed the order. 😑😑
2nd time this has happened when ordering something from Adorama of them showing a product being available only to be "Backordered" after placing an order.

UPDATE: Well, it seems I got the last O-ME53 from Adorama because the it was stuck on "processing" since friday, and just got an email today saying it was mailed out.
I've similar and worse interactions with Adorama. I do not trust them anywhere near as much as B&H
09-27-2022, 03:49 PM   #25641
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
I've similar and worse interactions with Adorama. I do not trust them anywhere near as much as B&H
I dont trust B&H with their price gouging (especially with their film)
09-28-2022, 05:23 AM   #25642
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by disconnekt Quote
I dont trust B&H with their price gouging (especially with their film)
Personal experience molds our behavior far more than the comments or advice of someone else. I so not use film so my only purchases from B&H have been equipment. Their prices have always been in line, their delivery to my address amazingly quick, and their return policy, the few times I've used it, has been virtually "no questions asked."

09-28-2022, 04:31 PM   #25643
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
Personal experience molds our behavior far more than the comments or advice of someone else. I so not use film so my only purchases from B&H have been equipment. Their prices have always been in line, their delivery to my address amazingly quick, and their return policy, the few times I've used it, has been virtually "no questions asked."
My only experience with them ordering equipment was when the box arrived (it was a bellows) and the "packing" consisted of a small sheet or bubble wrap that didn't quite cover the base of the box. No damage done luckily, but it could have been a lot worse.
09-29-2022, 11:07 AM - 1 Like   #25644
Pentaxian

A TTArtisan 25mm f/2 for my Fuji X-E2! From the night I ordered it, it took a mere 10 days to arrive from China to the U.K.
I just need to unpack it now
09-29-2022, 02:04 PM - 1 Like   #25645
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I just received a Zeiss Loxia 85mm 2.4 from MPB, to complement my Loxia 21 and 50. Can't wait to take it out for a spin tomorrow.
10-01-2022, 11:46 AM - 6 Likes   #25646
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Scratched an old itch Won a not well listed SMC-A Green Star * 300/4 with the starting bid of $270, plus $21.50 shipping and six percent PA tax for a $309 total. I was the only bidder, and I'm sure it was the listing title.
Attached Images

10-01-2022, 12:08 PM - 1 Like   #25647
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I just got two things.

HD Pentax-DA* 11-18mm F2.8 ED DC AW from Amazon warehouse for $500. It looks perfect. It looks new. It may be a deal. I'll find out soon.

A focus adapter, the new Techart PRO Leica M – Sony E Autofocus Adapter ver II (LM-EA9).

Both are sitting on my desk waiting for me to get my hand out of the cast in two weeks.

I am not a patient man.
10-01-2022, 01:30 PM - 1 Like   #25648
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by steamloco76 Quote
Scratched an old itch Won a not well listed SMC-A Green Star * 300/4 with the starting bid of $270, plus $21.50 shipping and six percent PA tax for a $309 total. I was the only bidder, and I'm sure it was the listing title.
Dude!

You scored!

Nice.
10-01-2022, 01:54 PM - 1 Like   #25649
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I first saw an M*300/4 in Jasper at a photo shop. I walked into it and the man saw me carrying my KX and almost grabbed me to show off his new M*300 and the LX it was destined for. I left a trail of drool on the floor on the way out ...
10-01-2022, 03:18 PM   #25650
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice. Good deal.