Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-24-2010, 08:08 AM - 1 Like   #1

Photos: Gallery
Your latest acquisition

I searched around but found no other thread made for posting what you last purchased/acquired. It's usually a popular type of thread, and I know I'm interested in seeing what gear people are buying, whether it's photography-related or not. Pictures are recommended, particularly your own!

Here's my latest purchase. It will be here sometime today.

I'm going to compare it against the DA 50-200mm and see if this is worth the upgrade, to me.

04-24-2010, 08:45 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Perrumpo Quote
I searched around but found no other thread made for posting what you last purchased/acquired. It's usually a popular type of thread, and I know I'm interested in seeing what gear people are buying, whether it's photography-related or not. Pictures are recommended, particularly your own!

Here's my latest purchase. It will be here sometime today.

I'm going to compare it against the DA 50-200mm and see if this is worth the upgrade, to me.
Yay. My impression of the general consensus is that the 55-300 is the better lens, if that helps.

I think my latest acquisition is an ZX-5. (Actually not really acquired: I'm just trying this one on: should like, finish this test roll and process, but all's really looking good, I don't actually have any serious doubts, at least that aren't kind of too-fussy-to worry about. )
04-24-2010, 07:01 PM - 7 Likes   #3
Inactive Account

It just arrived Thursday and I haven't taken my record photo of it yet but...

AF160FC Auto Macro Ring Flash - Official PENTAX Imaging Web Site

Haven't learned to control it yet but.. It does a pretty fair job of throwing even light around that DFA100 f2.8 WR

04-24-2010, 07:15 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Yay. My impression of the general consensus is that the 55-300 is the better lens, if that helps.
Yes, that's my understanding, too. I didn't get very good results with it today, particularly with AF, but I'm sure it will be better outdoors.

QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
It just arrived Thursday and I haven't taken my record photo of it yet but...

AF160FC Auto Macro Ring Flash - Official PENTAX Imaging Web Site

Haven't learned to control it yet but.. It does a pretty fair job of throwing even light around that DFA100 f2.8 WR

Nice photo!

04-25-2010, 12:43 AM   #5
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Definitely better (the 55-300, that is) and it's resoundingly agreed as such.
I posted examples of that fine lens on this thread and my own contribution.

Now as for my own latest addition to the kit, it's the Tamron 70-200, which I've discussed here: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/83402-tamron-7...-practice.html

And some examples are in this album: PentaxForums.com - Ash's Album: Tamron 70-200
04-25-2010, 06:43 PM   #6
Pentaxian

I got a b-grip this morning, but haven't tried it out yet.
04-25-2010, 07:30 PM   #7
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Arpe Quote
I got a b-grip this morning, but haven't tried it out yet.
Looks interesting. I'm afraid I couldn't use it though. I can barely put my keys in my pocket without them pulling my pants down. (Story of my life, half size too big, or half size too small)....

Enjoy your new toy

04-26-2010, 09:57 AM - 10 Likes   #8
Veteran Member

My latest is a 1933 Zeiss Ikon Ikomat 520. The photo is with my latest Pentax lens, the Macro-Takumar 50/4 preset.
04-26-2010, 10:48 AM - 4 Likes   #9
Site Supporter

04-26-2010, 03:29 PM   #10
axl
Veteran Member

My latest purchase is M85/2. I'm falling in love with it!
Can't wait for my wife to return from her business trip to try some portraits...(of course that's not the only reason I can't wait )
04-26-2010, 06:07 PM   #11
Pentaxian

Looks interesting. I'm afraid I couldn't use it though. I can barely put my keys in my pocket without them pulling my pants down. (Story of my life, half size too big, or half size too small)....

Enjoy your new toy

er... you've heard of belts, right?
(which is what you need for this anyway)
04-26-2010, 06:09 PM - 3 Likes   #12

Original Poster
View Picture EXIF
Name:  IMGP2779.jpg
Views: 22760
Size:  50.1 KB

52mm hood and Hoya filter from the marketplace and a 58mm B+W UV MRC filter.

I've realized that since I can't afford to have LBA, I have FBA, filter buying addiction. I don't buy many filters, but I mainly buy B+W.
04-26-2010, 07:05 PM   #13
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Arpe Quote
er... you've heard of belts, right?
(which is what you need for this anyway)
Yep, Heard of them, even use them. Still doesn't help much. The only thing that does is not loading the pockets with anything and the same goes for loading up a belt with 2+ pounds of camera. Hope it works out for you though.

04-26-2010, 07:23 PM   #14
Inactive Account

My most recent acquisition is some Kodachrome 25. It was more expensive than film should probably ever be, but I wanted to shoot some before I never have a chance to again.

I have the same problem. Even when I've got a belt on, unless it's cutting off circulation to my lower half, I can't keep my pants around my waist.
04-26-2010, 11:31 PM - 4 Likes   #15
Pentaxian

Sheesh - you guys need to drink more beer!