Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
04-25-2010, 02:33 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by emr Quote
So let's not nail that poor kid.
You appear to have a greater capacity for sympathy towards fakes and charlatans who appear under false pretenses. I'd rather have the pitchforks and torches in hand...

04-25-2010, 05:03 AM   #32
Veteran Member

So sorry to hear you're leaving, Gus. I will miss reading your posts and seeing your pics.
-Dan
04-25-2010, 06:27 AM   #33
Nubi

QuoteOriginally posted by emr Quote
I'd like just to add that while Cody/jct has been mentioned here in person, I see his return and participation in the contest more as the symptoms than as the cause of the current disease. So let's not nail that poor kid.
YOu know, to a certain extent, I have to agree with that. He was allowed to participate. So, that was that. Maybe he will turn into a Pentaxian that we all love once he gets his K-x (doubt it).
04-25-2010, 08:30 AM   #34
Veteran Member

Gus - sorry to hear you offically leaving. Wish we could have hooked up when I was in San Fran maybe another time.

Life is short my friend and do what makes you happy. Best of luck and pop in once a while if for no other reason to buy stuff

04-25-2010, 08:37 AM   #35
Veteran Member

Well I don't really know you but maybe you will stay or even come back later.

The reason I am replying is because I find it intriguing that jct was banned and was then allowed back to participate for the contest...in which he is spamming a lot of posts with utter nonsense and is actually doing quite well in the contest. I find it hard to even go to the 'Post Your Photos' and 'Photo Critique' section at the moment because there are several users all of which are in the top 5 in the contest that just spam every single photo thread with nothing of meaning and useless ramblings and it's just annoying. I hope that they get DQ'd from the contest but I highly doubt that will happen.
04-25-2010, 06:01 PM   #36
Veteran Member

Gus, cheerleader of cheap russian glass, you will certainly be missed. I would beg you to reconsider (or at least buy my Helios 40-2 from me), but I am confident that you have given this much thought (or at least a six pack's worth). Do take care and if you are moving to another friendly cyber-place, do shoot me a pm to let me know that such a place exists.

Cheers,

Adam (the other Adam)
04-25-2010, 06:23 PM   #37
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
See ya mate. Shame to end this way, but it's your choice I guess. Is that "ignore" feature not good enough?

04-25-2010, 11:19 PM   #38
Veteran Member

While Cody has been highly annoying of late, and while he might undeservedly win a camera, I don't think that's a very good reason to quit the forums.

gus, you've always been one of my favorite contributors here, and one of my favorite photographers as well. It'll be a poorer forum without you, so I hope you reconsider.
04-26-2010, 09:44 AM   #39
Veteran Member

Gus, Just wanted to say a big thank you for your contributions. Thanks to you I am a happy user of Helios and other great screwmount lenses.
04-26-2010, 10:00 AM   #40
Veteran Member

I left once and came back. Part of my reason for leaving was the drama.

I suspect that Gus will be back.

However, the drama continues.

Anytime you have a contest, not everyone likes the rules or the outcome.

If I were Adam, I just cancel the whole damn thing and keep the prizes for myself.
04-26-2010, 12:59 PM   #41
Nubi

A very very interesting comment here. I guess this is how it is. You should close it.

Last edited by Peter Zack; 04-26-2010 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Quoting deleted text
04-26-2010, 01:46 PM   #42
Site Supporter

At the end of the day, what did the contest do to IGilligan?

Edit: I don't really no anything about the details when JCT was banned. I had got to the point that I just didn't look at one of his umpteen threads on esoteric silliness and didn't notice he was gone.
04-26-2010, 01:52 PM   #43
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I am sorry to see you go, Gus. Your use of older, manual focus glass was always amazing. I am sorry to see Cody popping back up, as well. I don't really care about the contest, but he constantly gives advice when he seldom know what he is talking about. Sad really. Those who talk the most are often those who know the least...
04-26-2010, 03:09 PM   #44
Veteran Member

I enjoyed Gus's comments and wish him well. Maybe when things cool off he will miss the site and come back. As far as some of the other comments go. It seems someone is really trying to push some buttons to get a reaction!!!
04-26-2010, 03:25 PM   #45
axl
Veteran Member

I've been lurking around for just about 3.5 years... never stick my head too high up though so all the situation with Gus and Cody is unknown to me
---
What I don know though that Gus has been one of the best members here IMO.
Shame to see him go whatever reasons he has...
and at least I won't be tempted to buy the damn Helios!
Not that there wouldn't be other people capable of showing it's qualities but Gus is the King Helios!!!

Anytime you'll decide to come back Gus, I'm sure there will be many of us gladly welcoming you!
Until then: fare thee well
Closed Thread