Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-24-2010, 11:02 AM   #1
Igilligan

A heartfelt Goodbye

I have made a lot of noise on the forum about leaving if jct us101 was allowed back onto our forum, to come back and win a camera...
well that foregone conclusion happens this weekend.

So I just wanted to say goodbye to all the many great folks I have met here on Pentax Forums... You all know who you are, as you have been a big part of my 'Schnaportrait' growth, and I am better today than when I first got here because of you all.

I can not tell in words just how much I have enjoyed my time here.
A wise man recently likened this forums growth to a hockey rink, and I agree with that. At one time it felt more like our Pentax Tree Fort.
But the tree has been cut down to make room for the PENTAX FORUMS ARENA
I am just more of a tree fort kind of kid.

From the bottom of my picture takin' heart ~ I thank you
~gus~

And a special thanks to all of you who sold me 'Way too many' cheap old lenses.

04-24-2010, 11:12 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The bottom of your picture says
QuoteQuote:
PARKER BROTHERS INC., SALEM, MASS. U.S.A.
Guss, So I can't say that I understand

It's honestly been a pleasure seeing you on-line. If your ever in my neck of the woods please let me know.

I wish you the best of luck in the future.

I'm going to be limiting my posts to the film forum soon. Then might just fade in the background.
04-24-2010, 11:19 AM   #3
Nubi

I would hate to lose you because of jct us 101. Not worth it in my opinion. Come on back!!
04-24-2010, 11:37 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Don't let him win. You actually own a Pentax, I take it?

04-24-2010, 11:54 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by little laker Quote
The bottom of your picture says Guss, So I can't say that I understand

PARKER BROTHERS INC., SALEM, MASS. U.S.A.
Guss, So I can't say that I understand.
Hey, Salem's long been a source for irresponsibly-commercialized magical tools and related freakouts about them.

"Hey, I'm tired of playing Monopoly, let's crank call the spirit world!"

Anyway, Gus, fair t...ravels to you, if you must go. I'd hardly consider JCT101 a good reason: frankly, if *anything's* come to bother me about this place, it's the personality conflicts themselves.

I understand, if you've made an ultimatum about something inherently arbitrary, and now must follow through.

But you know you're welcome back any time honor permits (hey, even if you swore you'd leave, you might well have neglected to swear you'd never return. Perhaps after you've shown sincere, you may see that it's not Internet politics you were here for in the first place. I, for one, will cry no foul, especially since I missed nearly all this contest-related kerfuffle to begin with. )

Merry meet again, perhaps, though.
04-24-2010, 12:10 PM   #6
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote

I understand, if you've made an ultimatum about something inherently arbitrary, and now must follow through.

But you know you're welcome back any time honor permits (hey, even if you swore you'd leave, you might well have neglected to swear you'd never return.
Yeah Gus, there must be a loophole there somewhere.
04-24-2010, 12:12 PM   #7
Banned

im confused as to why him participating and possibly winning a camera should have any affect on your presence here and how you choose to participate, but I dont know you very well. so all I can say is good-bye and good luck, mate.

04-24-2010, 02:07 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Hi Gus
I know the contest has caused a lot of us here at the forum to be upset about how it was run and yes even about the end result of it. You may feel that the forum has become too big for you but that can't really be a bad thing can it? Lets hope that the new members contribute as much as some of the old time posters have done. As the old saying do from Motel 8 goes "we'll leave the light on" for you and hope someday you stop in and pay a visit till then good luck and keep shooting and improving
04-24-2010, 02:33 PM   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I know you'll be back in time

Until then, take care!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-24-2010, 02:59 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I don't get it and don't really want a detailed explanation but I'm sorry to see you go. Au revoir, Gus.
04-24-2010, 04:39 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Liked your posts and your POV. Best of luck to you.
04-24-2010, 04:51 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Gus,

I am relatively new to this forum but you have contributed so much in the short time I have been a member.

Your letters have helped make Pentax Forums what it is.

Please Stay.

Mickey
04-24-2010, 05:01 PM   #13
Igilligan

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I know you'll be back in time
Until then, take care!

Adam, if you had read any of my posts on my perception of what has gone on with the Cody situation, you would realize that it is not really a 'winky face' situation with me. You personally allowing him back on Pentax Forums to win a camera after his permanent ban is just wrong IMO. I know he works with you in your new Canikon forum, and that is where he should have stayed IMO.

I had asked Peter in a pm to forward this message on to you.

But since you have posted here in my 'good bye' thread, I can do it myself.

Please Adam, when you announce jct us101 as the winner of the contest, I ask that you remove 'igilligan' and all of my content/posting history from Pentaxforums.com --- If you feel you want to do that even before the official announcement, I completely understand.

Adam, I truly want to thank you for giving me this place to hang out for the last few years. As mentioned I have met some great folks, got a lot of help, and had a very good time here up until very recently.

As people here keep telling me, "If you dont like it..... "

Thanks again,
gus
04-24-2010, 05:26 PM   #14
mel
Veteran Member

Dang Gus. I'm so very sorry to see you go. I will truly miss you my friend. If you feel so inclined please pm me an email address or find me on facebook or something. I'm going to miss your contributions.

Sincerest regards,
Melanie
04-24-2010, 06:56 PM   #15
Inactive Account

So Long Sporty!! Been fun shooting it back and fourth once in awhile..

Closed Thread