Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-24-2010, 08:13 PM   #1
Veteran Member

This just in......

No offense ladies.....tis just a joke

04-24-2010, 08:59 PM   #2
Nubi

This may not go so well with some people.
04-24-2010, 09:15 PM   #3
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If you're gonna post a photo, at least make it a good one.
Not really keen on the joke, though.
04-24-2010, 09:39 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Prefacing a statement with "no offense" is in effect saying, "I am aware that what follows is offensive, but judge me as though I were not".

Anyway, this is in the wrong area. Nothing to do with General Photography.

04-25-2010, 09:18 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
If you're gonna post a photo, at least make it a good one.
She has great lips.
04-25-2010, 09:39 AM   #6
Veteran Member

As a lady with a pretty good sense of humour, and the ability to laugh at myself, in all honesty, I kind of don't find that particularly funny......joke or not... a bit misogynistic?.....yes... a little offensive? (saying "no offense" does not make it any less offensive btw) ..... yes....funny?...no.
04-25-2010, 09:59 AM   #7
mel
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by casil403 Quote
As a lady with a pretty good sense of humour, and the ability to laugh at myself, in all honesty, I kind of don't find that particularly funny......joke or not... a bit misogynistic?.....yes... a little offensive? (saying "no offense" does not make it any less offensive btw) ..... yes....funny?...no.
I know many men that talk waaaaaay more than I do. . .

04-25-2010, 10:02 AM   #8

QuoteOriginally posted by mel Quote
I know many men that talk waaaaaay more than I do. . .
True dat. And MUCH bigger drama queens.
04-25-2010, 11:49 AM   #9
Ira
Inactive Account

I still see some blur in the lips from the flapping.

Plus, this shot might have been taken from a series of a thousand shots, at the precise minute she had to breathe.

I don't believe this for a second, and want to see the EXIF.
04-25-2010, 11:55 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I thought the classic pucker was on the chopping block this year?
Guess there's still a few scraglers ...
04-25-2010, 12:06 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Well I posted this as fun but I guess some people are just TOO mature to have a little fun. It's a known joke to most guys that women talk a lot. I'm in no way saying it's true...men and women both talk a lot just a like......
04-25-2010, 12:51 PM   #12
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by timstone Quote
Well I posted this as fun but I guess some people are just TOO mature to have a little fun. It's a known joke to most guys that women talk a lot. I'm in no way saying it's true...men and women both talk a lot just a like......
I don't know.. Given some of the women I know, I found it quite accurate, and funny. In fact getting a photo where the lips are together, is a near impossible feat in some of these cases. Now that I too have offended every single woman here, I'm going to say So what, and move on to the next thread.

04-25-2010, 12:58 PM   #13
mel
Veteran Member

Often jokes aren't so funny to the group that is the butt of the jokes, when the one making the joke is not of that group. If the population of this forum was predominately female, and a female posted an image and made a disparaging comment about males, the minority of males in residence would probably not be so amused.

Now if it was a woman that posted this and made the comment, the other women might be slightly amused.

It's just kind of the way it goes. I don't think that being just TOO mature really has anything to do with it. Just sayin'.
04-25-2010, 01:06 PM   #14
Ira
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by mel Quote
Often jokes aren't so funny to the group that is the butt of the jokes, when the one making the joke is not of that group.
Well, there's the problem then:

Jokes are always offensive to some group, and if you stopped making them, there wouldn't be any more jokes.

Women are not part of a "group" like Jews, Catholics, blacks, hispanics, Republicans, Democrats, etc. are. They are one of two genders--of which everyone on the planet belongs to one or the other, except for a select few, which belong to both.

But I can honestly say that my wife, who I love to death, will blab on about stuff that is TOTALLY uninteresting and makes no impact on my life. The above joke is, therefore, incredibly accurate.

No one is stopping you or the other women here for posting gender-based jokes.

The problem is, they're usually not that funny, especially in light of the male audience here.

For example, all men pick their asses and fart without discretion, and we're PROUD of it. So we're not going to be insulted or feel offended by jokes covering these subjects.

So we don't understand how women can be offended by the fact that they talk too much.

Scientifically proven, by the way.
04-25-2010, 01:08 PM   #15
Pentaxian

QuoteQuote:
No offense ladies.....tis just a joke
Need a better picture, and a much fresher (and funnier) joke.
Closed Thread