Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-06-2010, 09:06 AM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Lithos, your Dell link doesn't work....

And speaking of Dell, I just heard back from them. The 2209WA has not been discontinued.

Looks like I'll be getting my monitor after all.

05-06-2010, 11:38 AM   #47
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by twokatmew Quote
Lithos, your Dell link doesn't work....
Dunno why. Works fine here.

But yes. I went through this when I bought mine. It had been paused, as they worked out supply/QC kinks, back in 09 but now it's hunky-dory.

So raider, go grab one. And even if they do get discontinued before you've bought one, I can pretty much guarantee Dell will have a replacement IPS in. I remember reading somewhere their original stock sold out in about a week. There's demand right here, and Dell would be insane not to take advantage of that.

And that means every other manufacturer will start making them, and hopefully the actual LCD makers with start cranking out better, cheaper IPS panels.
05-06-2010, 02:35 PM   #48
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
it appears that the 2209wa is not available for the "home" market but it is available for the "business" market. I am able to put the monitor in the cart but i am not able to apply the 15% discount coupon which i am entitled to.

I will talk to Dell in the morning to see if they can cut me a deal.
05-06-2010, 03:25 PM   #49
Veteran Member

lithos, I think your link doesn't work for me because I'm not in Australia.

raider, I hope you can get your discount from Dell.

05-06-2010, 03:46 PM   #50
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Latest update (and a happy one)!!

While my RAC motorassist coupon will not work with the Dell small business purchase, i managed to google (and google hard) to get a working 15% coupon and it work!!

Just submitted my order and paid via credit card. The monitor after discount comes just under A$297. Hopefully i will be able to get the monitor soon. can't wait.

and thanks to everyone here who helped me to make the right purchase.
05-06-2010, 09:14 PM   #51
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by raider Quote
it appears that the 2209wa is not available for the "home" market but it is available for the "business" market. I am able to put the monitor in the cart but i am not able to apply the 15% discount coupon which i am entitled to.
Didn't you read my first link, that sent you directly to the monitor's page? It's in the Business section of the site. That does confuse a lot of people. The monitor was in the Consumer section of the site, then moved, which probably fooled a lot of people.

I'm guessing a lot of buyers think you need an ABN or something to buy from the Business section.

Probably moved it so demand would slow down. They couldn't build the damn things fast enough, for good reason.

Have you learned not to trust bullshit rumours from DPR yet?

If there's one thing I've learned from hanging out on photography forums, it's that most photogs can go from fiction to fact in about three posts.
05-06-2010, 10:03 PM   #52
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I use a Viewsonic 28" LCD for movies/general work - I keep it calibrated though its gamut is notably lower than my Ezio 26" - which is also calibrated, but I don't use it for everyday tasks...I only use it for Lightroom work and I use the 28" as a secondary monitor for the thumbnail view.

05-06-2010, 10:49 PM   #53
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
Didn't you read my first link, that sent you directly to the monitor's page? It's in the Business section of the site. That does confuse a lot of people. The monitor was in the Consumer section of the site, then moved, which probably fooled a lot of people.
Sure did and thanks. The problem i have originally is that my RAC coupon is not valid for business purchase and i have to go search for another coupon, which i managed to find....whew! that was close

Also just receive the order confirmation email from Dell. can't wait for this beauty to arrive!
05-06-2010, 11:05 PM   #54
Veteran Member

my laptop screen is 15.4inch, use it for lightroom, web etc...

And the screen kind of died a couple of days ago, all the colours are messed up, red is showing up instead of black, and blue is showing up instead of white. Its 3 yrs old, so im going to get a new one next week (there goes my LBA money!!)
Cant do any pp work with the screen as is
05-07-2010, 02:43 AM   #55
Inactive Account

Toug, ever considering getting a desktop?
05-07-2010, 03:55 PM   #56
Veteran Member

Nah, i'd prefer a laptop because its mobile.
05-07-2010, 04:50 PM   #57
Veteran Member

I use a 24in widescreen and a 19in 4:3 (which makes them the same height).

They are nothing special, just normal consumer monitors...

Pat
05-07-2010, 05:43 PM   #58
Veteran Member

SyncMaster B2430 - 24" bargain. Prior to that, a long suffering 19" (940BW). Not sure if it's just market saturation, but Samsung's are great value in this neck of the woods. The new one cost the equivalent of US$250. The old one cost more than that in it's heyday.
05-14-2010, 08:19 PM   #59
Veteran Member

Today my Dell 2209WA arrived. Wow, this is a really nice monitor, and I got it for ~$275 including tax and shipping. I calibrated it with Spyder 3, but it was pretty nicely adjusted out of the box.
05-14-2010, 08:49 PM   #60
Veteran Member

A pair of 20" (1600x1200) Dell 2001FP monitors (S-IPS).

Kind of pricey back when I bought them 6 years ago, but I can't really complain as they're still chugging along nicely.