Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-26-2010, 08:32 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
What about the contest?

OK the "Mother of all spamtests" is over so who won?
Are all the mods reviewing the posts? If so does that mean we can run amok in P&R for the day?
Has Cody stepped awayfrom the computer to shower and take the garbage out or just passed out face down on the keyboard?
Will Gus be here or is he gone ? Did we trade steak for Spam?
Will our community return to normal or have too many minds been polluted forever?
Enquiring Minds Want to Know

04-26-2010, 08:37 AM   #2
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Contest? What contest????????
Wheat is being separated from chaff. Stay tuned!
04-26-2010, 08:43 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The contest may have produced a lot of spam, but the P & R forum is potted meat. Very little steak in there until its gone through a few digestive tracts.
04-26-2010, 08:56 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Sounds like an episode of - "One Lightroom to Live" or - "All My Pentaxians" - feel free to add any other cool soap opera titles that comes to mind...lol!

04-26-2010, 08:59 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Wheat is being separated from chaff!
who's running the combine?
Note for you city folks: a combine is a farm machine that separated grain from the plant.
04-26-2010, 09:03 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Adam had explained in one of the threads that the top runners would be vetted after the end of the contest by the moderators. So as I understood it the script he wrote provided a running weighted tally of points but they would need to be reviewed to make sure that quality really did outweigh quantity.
04-26-2010, 09:35 AM   #7
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by casil403 Quote
Sounds like an episode of - "One Lightroom to Live" or - "All My Pentaxians" - feel free to add any other cool soap opera titles that comes to mind...lol!
QuoteOriginally posted by seacapt Quote
who's running the combine?
Note for you city folks: a combine is a farm machine that separated grain from the plant.
Think more like "Green Acres".

04-26-2010, 09:55 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Contest? What contest????????
Wheat is being separated from chaff. Stay tuned!
No Jim, I'm not going anywhere, and you are being rather hard on the community with name calling like that.
But...
what contest?
04-26-2010, 10:43 AM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
No Jim, I'm not going anywhere, and you are being rather hard on the community with name calling like that.
But...
what contest?
ok where have you been the last 18 days dont tell me you have been out taking picutures have you the contest was for the person who posted the most posts to win a red KX with the 18-55 lens however if you posted in any of the genral talk subsections your posted were thrown out the window but your posts counted towards the 1 million total posts of the forumn

ps the funniest thing i just saw was that cody said that now that the contest was over he has time to really start posting on the forums
04-26-2010, 01:13 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gokenin Quote
ok where have you been the last 18 days dont tell me you have been out taking picutures have you the contest was for the person who posted the most posts to win a red KX with the 18-55 lens however if you posted in any of the genral talk subsections your posted were thrown out the window but your posts counted towards the 1 million total posts of the forumn

ps the funniest thing i just saw was that cody said that now that the contest was over he has time to really start posting on the forums
That's not what I said at all. That's what you decided to interpret what I said.
04-26-2010, 05:32 PM   #11
Veteran Member

ok where have you been the last 18 days dont tell me you have been out taking picutures have you
During the contest period I did several photo sessions, wrote up articles on photography, philosophy of art, camera design etc., processed and posted a hundred shots or so, did a couple of informal portrait shoots on spec, wrote two blog articles, got a paper submitted to a conference, went to a concert or two, spent a day at a poetry festival, hosted an exchange student for a week, took a day trip to the coast, organised a submission to a sound art festival, walked the dog, cooked dinner each night for my family, completed a website, went to a BBQ party, hung out at the pub and so on.

And you should see me when I'm busy.

04-26-2010, 05:33 PM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MrApollinax Quote
Adam had explained in one of the threads that the top runners would be vetted after the end of the contest by the moderators. So as I understood it the script he wrote provided a running weighted tally of points but they would need to be reviewed to make sure that quality really did outweigh quantity.
Apparently we wait until May 1st. Something to do with appeasing the Workers' Party.

Last edited by rparmar; 04-27-2010 at 07:27 AM.
04-26-2010, 06:06 PM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rparmar Quote
During the contest period I did several photo sessions, wrote up articles on photography, philosophy of art, camera design etc., processed and posted a hundred shots or so, did a couple of informal portrait shoots on spec, wrote two blog articles, got a paper submitted to a conference, went to a concert or two, spent a day at a poetry festival, hosted an exchange student for a week, took a day trip to the coast, organised a submission to a sound art festival, walked the dog, cooked dinner each night for my family, completed a website, went to a BBQ party, hung out at the pub and so on.

hi Robin
the comment wasn't directed towards you I was being sarcastic towards wheatfield who said he knew nothing about the contest and i was asking what someone from a photography board would possibly be doing for those 18 days
04-26-2010, 06:24 PM   #14
Veteran Member

the comment wasn't directed towards you I was being sarcastic towards wheatfield who said he knew nothing about the contest and i was asking what someone from a photography board would possibly be doing for those 18 days
Fair enough, I was just taking the opportunity to brag.

No offence or anything. Though I don't see wheatfield's posts and with the new forum system do not even know he is posting.
04-26-2010, 06:54 PM   #15
Nubi

QuoteOriginally posted by rparmar Quote

Then, a pint or two of Guinness here and there, right? Or you are a Beamish guy? I like Smithwick's . . . . . Ah, thirsty.