Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-30-2010, 08:25 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The Alabama AG wants to pray the oil away. Bet that works just as well as praying teh gay away.

Daily Kos: Alabama AG urges prayer, not lawsuits over oil spill

05-01-2010, 06:31 PM   #17

QuoteOriginally posted by Ira Quote
Unfortunately, it IS deregulated.

So they don't even have THAT excuse to fall back on.

Defeat Rubio.
Rubio is bad news.

Hopefully Crist will garner enough support to defeat him.
Crist was ABSOLUTELY correct to veto the education bill. That was BAD legislation.
05-01-2010, 06:35 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
New Palin catch phrase......

"Spill baby spill"
QuoteQuote:
Congressman John Garamendi, a Democrat from Walnut Creek who as lieutenant governor helped defeat the proposal last year, said the Gulf spill "marks a turning point in our national discussion on new offshore oil drilling. Those calling for Drill, Baby, Drill, need to start including the corollary, Spill, Baby, Spill."
anyone selling bumper stickers yet?????? hint hint to you capitalists.... disasters are good money.... for some.
05-02-2010, 05:51 AM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Every ******* who ever chanted "Drill Baby, Drill" at a McCain/Palin rally or teabagger event should be made to swim in the gulf right now.

05-02-2010, 05:53 AM   #20
Banned

BP had multiple backup plans in place

BP had multiple backup plans in place for this sort of thing.

Plan A) Hope really hard that nothing goes wrong.

Plan B) Hope really really hard that nothing goes wrong.

Plan C) Hope really really REALLY hard that nothing goes wrong.

If plans A, B & C fail then claim ignorance and let the taxpayers clean up the mess.
05-02-2010, 01:38 PM   #21
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Driver3 Quote
Rubio is bad news.

Hopefully Crist will garner enough support to defeat him.
Crist was ABSOLUTELY correct to veto the education bill. That was BAD legislation.
Still better than Crist or that other demorat.
05-02-2010, 02:19 PM   #22
Ira
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
Still better than Crist or that other demorat.
Well, based on what you're writing to back that statement up, would you allow
some of us to highly question that assertion? And to question the motivations behind making it?

Defeat Rubio.

05-02-2010, 03:30 PM   #23
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Ira Quote
Well, based on what you're writing to back that statement up, would you allow
some of us to highly question that assertion? And to question the motivations behind making it?

Defeat Rubio.
Crist is looking out for Crist. Nothing more. Nothing less. He cares not about "the people". It's about him being in office and that's it. He doesn't stand for fiscally conservative principles evidenced by his past lack of performance. He is the worst governor we've had. Oh, for the record I liked Lawton and thought he was a good governor and a good person. Well except for the lottery.
05-02-2010, 07:10 PM   #24

QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
Crist is looking out for Crist. Nothing more. Nothing less. He cares not about "the people". It's about him being in office and that's it. He doesn't stand for fiscally conservative principles evidenced by his past lack of performance. He is the worst governor we've had. Oh, for the record I liked Lawton and thought he was a good governor and a good person. Well except for the lottery.
Yea, you probably thought Jeb was good too.
Rubio is a crook.
Unfortunately, all of politics is based on getting into and staying in office...on the public tit.
05-03-2010, 09:54 AM   #25
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Driver3 Quote
Yea, you probably thought Jeb was good too.
Rubio is a crook.
Unfortunately, all of politics is based on getting into and staying in office...on the public tit.
Jeb was good. Better that Graham. At least as good as Lawton.

Crist is a fool.
05-03-2010, 12:43 PM   #26
Banned

Drill baby drill

GULFPORT, Miss. -- Scientists say the Gulf oil spill could get into the what's called the Loop Current within a day, eventually carrying oil south along the Florida coast and into the Florida Keys.

Nick Shay, a physical oceanographer at the University of Miami Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science, said Monday once the oil enters the Loop Current, it likely will end up in the Keys and continue east into the Gulf Stream.

Shay says the oil could affect Florida's beaches, coral reefs, fisheries and ecosystem within a week.

He described the Loop Current as similar to a "conveyor belt," sweeping around the Gulf, through the Keys and right up the East Coast.

Shay says he cannot think of any scenario where the oil doesn't eventually reach the Florida Keys.

Oil may reach Loop Current within 24 hours
05-09-2010, 11:07 PM   #27
Inactive Account

Disaster Votes | The New Republic

Paradoxically (?), lawmakers tend to vote even more against tighter regulations after major disasters such as this one.
05-10-2010, 03:11 AM   #28

Shell was trying to rush through approval of their Arctic drilling plane.

Shell's Arctic drilling on hold - UPI.com
05-10-2010, 01:53 PM   #29
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What I never understood was why we drill in such dangerous places when the oil we get ends up the same price as oil from Saudi or any other source where less damage is likely? Does anyone really think BP was going to sell their oil to us cheaper? Let's use up all the other oil before we ruin our own back yard. Even Mr Kitty knows not to crap in his own bed. Of course, he doesn't get any under the table rewards for keeping his area clean......and he isn't constantly running for office, or trying to influence pea brained Tea Baggers...he's just a dumb cat.....sure, he is smarter than Sarah, but even my dumbest Squirrel is smarter than Sarah...he just can't see Russia from his nest...but he can read a lot better......and he doesn't have to write things down on his little paw. Reckon we have heard the last of her "Drill Baby Drill"? I wonder if she has even read about it yet...assuming she has now been taught to read?
Regards!
05-10-2010, 02:58 PM   #30
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
What I never understood was why we drill in such dangerous places when the oil we get ends up the same price as oil from Saudi or any other source where less damage is likely? Does anyone really think BP was going to sell their oil to us cheaper? Let's use up all the other oil before we ruin our own back yard. Even Mr Kitty knows not to crap in his own bed. Of course, he doesn't get any under the table rewards for keeping his area clean......and he isn't constantly running for office, or trying to influence pea brained Tea Baggers...he's just a dumb cat.....sure, he is smarter than Sarah, but even my dumbest Squirrel is smarter than Sarah...he just can't see Russia from his nest...but he can read a lot better......and he doesn't have to write things down on his little paw. Reckon we have heard the last of her "Drill Baby Drill"? I wonder if she has even read about it yet...assuming she has now been taught to read?
Allow me to try to help.

You are a major consumer of the commodity called squirrels. Without squirrels your ability to conduct your life would be severely curtailed. There is another in this world who is equally desirous of squirrels. I am a major producer/keeper of squirrels who sells, primarily to you but has a small side business providing to your competition who is growing as a consumer.

You have the ability to provide your own squirrels but it would require you to trim back the woods around your country. Not enough to do the woods harm, (though there is some risk that relatively short term harm might occur from time to time), but sufficient to drive the squirrels into your back yard for your consumption. The problem is that trimming the woods would take ten to twenty years to accomplish and that period without squirrels would decimate your ability to conduct your life and there is no replacement for squirrels in the foreseeable future.

Your attitude is that my squirrels are relatively cheap and do the job. Why mess with your woods while you can take all my squirrels. But I have a growing customer for my squirrels. Growing so quickly that, with your attitude, I might feel that my best interests lie with my new customer. In that environment, everything you say and do will be seen in a less favorable light by me. One day in the relatively near future, my other customers may be able to sustain my standard of living without any assistance from you. I may take horrendous profit from you but I won't need you and if you chose not to pay the higher price for my squirrels then I won't suffer - but you will.

The problem comes when either your competitor is willing to out pay you or I decide to be bloody minded and cut you off. You will spend twenty years in the wasteland of a squirrel free world and all the costs to your life that entails.

Does that help to explain the complexities of international economics as a weapon. I hope so. Economics, like war, diplomacy, treaties etc. are just another weapon in any sovereign country's toolbox. The small can become mighty if they hold the key to the mighty's power.
Closed Thread