Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-26-2010, 09:43 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Online Photosharing Site Roundup

I've been spending a lot of time on the site & accompanying forum in the link below lately. There's an interesting new review at the site. Thought this audience would be interested in this topic:

Online Photosharing Site Roundup
on one page: http://www.notebookreview.com/printArticle.asp?newsID=5607

I've been debating whether I should commit & migrate to SmugMug myself. The feature gap has been growing between the one I use and most others, like these listed in the article above.

04-28-2010, 02:28 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I use Flickr because as the reviewer states, it's easy and does what it sets out to do, show photographs to anyone who cares to look, and if it does that simply then there's not a lot wrong with that.

Although I'm sure that Flickr has become the object of derision from 'serious photographers' I think that it's popularity and ease of use opens up a huge array of images that we would never get to see otherwise. I love trawling the through the 'Best of the last 7 days' feature and stopping to view some images from photographers that I would never see otherwise.
If it is guilty of anything then it's the fact that there is so much 'stuff' on the site and much of it is rubbish, but it has to be remembered that it's also a site for sharing the baby pictures with the aunt the other side of the Atlantic. Take the time to sort out your favourite groups and use the search and there is a lot of good stuff there.

I use Photobucket for my uploading, and I will admit that I do that because it's the first one I ever used and I've got used to it. There are probably better uploaders I'm sure, but once I get the hang of something and can use it quickly and instinctively then I'm loathed to change.

Deviant Art has some superb images, I go there to view a couple of friends work and then go trawling for other good stuff.
04-28-2010, 10:50 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery
I was using pacasaweb and it was getting rather unruley as I had close to 90 albums there with now way to put the into a category. I also had a photo gallery on a web site for a nostalgia racing assoc and it just wasn't working well to much unknown php code. So I started with one smugmug account for both my personal pictures and the nostalgia racing pics. After working with those I decided I needed abetter place for the 90 or so albums I had of Patriot Guard Riders missions so I opened a second account for them. I have contacted their tech support several times and have always had fast friendly service.

You can use this Coupon Code: qxGvts9yus2uA for a Free 14 day trail and $5 off your 1st yrs cost.