Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-27-2010, 12:29 PM   #1

New Adorama website, very SLOW!

Has anyone else experienced extreme slowness using Adorama's new website? I like to window shop from time to time to keep my LBA alive, but no longer will I window shop at Adorama. Frequently I receive "The page failed to load" or "The server timed out" type messages, other times it just sits there, loading and loading, and eventually results come up.

To Adorama,

Tour new site looks nice, but the functionality is horrible compared to the old one. Give your servers a break and go back to the old site, at least people could use it.

04-27-2010, 03:40 PM   #2
Adorama Camera Representative

QuoteOriginally posted by justDIY Quote
Has anyone else experienced extreme slowness using Adorama's new website? I like to window shop from time to time to keep my LBA alive, but no longer will I window shop at Adorama. Frequently I receive "The page failed to load" or "The server timed out" type messages, other times it just sits there, loading and loading, and eventually results come up.

To Adorama,

Tour new site looks nice, but the functionality is horrible compared to the old one. Give your servers a break and go back to the old site, at least people could use it.
We have a dedicated 'bug team' in place to iron out issues like you are describing.

Would you like to email me directly with your IP address and the browser you are using, and let's see what we can do to help.
04-27-2010, 06:23 PM   #3

Original Poster
Helen,

I'm using firefox 3.6 on both my home and work computers. The next time I experience the slowdown, I'll note the time and where I was in the site, and send it along with my IP address.
04-27-2010, 06:27 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Helen Oster Quote
We have a dedicated 'bug team' in place to iron out issues like you are describing.

Would you like to email me directly with your IP address and the browser you are using, and let's see what we can do to help.
Ok, you know I love you guys, but that's not a 'bug,' that's what popped into my mind as, quote-unquote: "desperately-awful" web design.

The old architecture wasn't really great, but this manages to present less information more busily while looking less like a serious business. ... and somehow it leads contentwise with 'Shop By Megapixels.' (Not something people take seriously) Somehow it manages to look like failed cheapness.

Actually, it looks almost *exactly* like you might see if you try to buy a used book off Amazon. Noisy site with pseudo-content filler: "Hundreds of Rhys-Myers Celtic Britain Now!" " Learn How to Celtic Britain Photo Diet Live!" "Is your AC flannel Takumar adapter cheating on you?"

Says 'beta,' I know, but I'd scrap it. If I didn't know you guys, and that was the first I saw, it'd be, 'Eh, Crooklyn site.' How about an index down the left side, and put up the sales-and-specials on the right?

Come on, you're Adorama, not just some Amazon reseller! You're the New York Times, not 'Momsteacupboardcamerasbygoogle.biz' or something!

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 04-27-2010 at 06:32 PM.
04-27-2010, 07:03 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'm using Opera and finding it VERY slow too. 20-30 seconds per page load.
04-27-2010, 11:03 PM   #6
Adorama Camera Representative

Message from Helen at Adorama Camera

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
Ok, you know I love you guys, but that's not a 'bug,' that's what popped into my mind as, quote-unquote: "desperately-awful" web design.

The old architecture wasn't really great, but this manages to present less information more busily while looking less like a serious business. ... and somehow it leads contentwise with 'Shop By Megapixels.' (Not something people take seriously) Somehow it manages to look like failed cheapness.

Actually, it looks almost *exactly* like you might see if you try to buy a used book off Amazon. Noisy site with pseudo-content filler: "Hundreds of Rhys-Myers Celtic Britain Now!" " Learn How to Celtic Britain Photo Diet Live!" "Is your AC flannel Takumar adapter cheating on you?"

Says 'beta,' I know, but I'd scrap it. If I didn't know you guys, and that was the first I saw, it'd be, 'Eh, Crooklyn site.' How about an index down the left side, and put up the sales-and-specials on the right?

Come on, you're Adorama, not just some Amazon reseller! You're the New York Times, not 'Momsteacupboardcamerasbygoogle.biz' or something!

Not exactly the response the web team were hoping for but I'll be sure to pass the info on - and thank you for your feedback

QuoteOriginally posted by omega leader Quote
I'm using Opera and finding it VERY slow too. 20-30 seconds per page load.
Can you email me your IP address & let's see what we can do