Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-29-2010, 08:28 PM - 1 Like   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Release: vBulletin Album EXIF information plugin for member album photos

For owners of other photographic forums powered by vBulletin, this small modification that I've written might be of interest. It adds EXIF information below all photos uploaded to vBulletin member profile albums. In addition, it adds exif information for photos added to social groups, but instead of being shown below the photo, it is accessible via a dropdown. Check the social groups on this site for a demo.

Also announced over at vBulletin.org.

You may NOT redistribute this without my permission, and MUST leave my contact and copyright information unaltered at the top of the plugins code. No visible copyright notices are included in frontend output. The album exif modification is copyright 2010 by Adam Oest. If you like this modification, you may donate using the button found in the navbar!

REQUIREMENTS
-PHP permission to run shell_exec (safe mode off)
-album pictures must be stored in the filesystem
-jhead must be installed on your server

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Make sure you have jhead installed (get it from http://www.sentex.net/~mwandel/jhead/)
2. Download the attached vBulletin product and upload it through your admin cp
3. Configure the two settings in vbulletin options > album picture and social group EXIF
4. Open the album_pictureview template and add $exifdata right above $picturecomment_commentarea, or wherever else you want it to appear
5. Open the group_picture template and add $exifdata directly after $pictureinfo[username]
, or wherever else you want it to appear
6. You should be all set. Enjoy!

CURRENT VERSION:
1.06 - May 29, 2010

DEMO:
PentaxForums.com - Jewelltrail's Album: Album one - Picture

DOWNLOAD / SCREENSHOT:

Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: xml vBulletin-Album-Photo-EXIF-AdamOest.xml (11.5 KB, 1879 views)

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

11-10-2011, 05:53 PM   #2

Photos: Albums
not work

In every picture I get is this information??

vBulletin version : 3.8.6

Can you help me?
Attached Images

11-10-2011, 06:00 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
If GD resizes your image, its EXIF data gets stripped. Try uploading files within your forum's size limits.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: