Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-12-2013, 09:24 PM   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I was at CR Kennedy's head office here in Melbourne on Friday for other reasons, and got talking to the Pentax rep. He told me that the adapter had just arrived in Oz this week, and he had two of the three that were imported in stock. I am now the proud owner of the 2nd k-q adapter to be sold in Oz. (according to the CRK fella, at least)

Haven't had a lot of chance to experiment other than to mout the adapter and some lenses and have a play on Friday evening.

Some initial thoughts -

-This is a beautiful piece of mechanical engineering/electronics. Equal in build quality to a FA* lens
-The awkwardness of mounting large lenses on such a tiny camera is offset by the quirkiness of it all

I was very tempted to take it to a flash workshop the next morning, just to see the reaction of canikonites, but decided I need to know my way around it better first.

All in all I'm impressed.

05-13-2013, 05:43 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by wizofoz Quote
I was at CR Kennedy's head office here in Melbourne on Friday for other reasons, and got talking to the Pentax rep. He told me that the adapter had just arrived in Oz this week, and he had two of the three that were imported in stock. I am now the proud owner of the 2nd k-q adapter to be sold in Oz. (according to the CRK fella, at least)

Haven't had a lot of chance to experiment other than to mout the adapter and some lenses and have a play on Friday evening.

Some initial thoughts -

-This is a beautiful piece of mechanical engineering/electronics. Equal in build quality to a FA* lens
-The awkwardness of mounting large lenses on such a tiny camera is offset by the quirkiness of it all

I was very tempted to take it to a flash workshop the next morning, just to see the reaction of canikonites, but decided I need to know my way around it better first.

All in all I'm impressed.
Glad it's going to be available to you Q shooters in Oz. It's always strange to me that there are such delays in distribution of items like this that are not hard to ship around the globe.
05-13-2013, 06:29 AM   #33
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Glad it's going to be available to you Q shooters in Oz. It's always strange to me that there are such delays in distribution of items like this that are not hard to ship around the globe.
I gather there weren't really very many of them made in the first run.
05-15-2013, 09:40 PM   #34

QuoteOriginally posted by wizofoz Quote
I just purchased the third and last K-Q from them. Hopefully it gets here before the weekend along with the 06 and the DA 55-300. The DA 100mm Macro I will grab as well but it's on backorder.