Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-17-2013, 07:37 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by msmoore Quote
Wow, great video comparison! Looks like NJ, but anyway,

I wanted to know what kind of mount you are using for your bike and the Q? I was looking at the Q for exactly what you are doing (looking to get a bike this summer) but the lack of mounts/shock proof cases was kind of a downfall for me.

Thanks,
The great thing about small, lightweight cameras like the Q is that they need small, lightweight mounts. I use a RAM suction mount with a 1/4" 20 screw on the end usually. It' simple, just make sure that you check the suction before heading off.

04-06-2013, 11:51 AM - 1 Like   #17

Photos: Albums
Why ask Gopro to license the mount, when all we really need is a waterproof, shockproof, mountable housing for the Q? I would love this accessory.
05-20-2013, 08:08 AM   #18
Pentaxian

As a follow-up, I recently used the Q with the 02 Standard Zoom to shoot some car video footage. The Q was mounted with a RAM suction mount with a 1/4"-20 thread on the end for the camera. The Q was used for the external shots; a Panasonic LX7 was used for the interior shot.

This was shot in 1080P with the 02 Standard Zoom shooting wide. I let the camera choose the exposure settings since we were travelling and the light was changing from shade to sun. SR was on IIRC.

The biggest issue was battery life; it didn't take that long to kill all three batteries that I had with me. In comparison, the Panasonic went through a battery and a half.
05-20-2013, 08:16 AM   #19

wow that seems great! are you using the stock pentax batteries? I had heard the wasabi batteries last a bit longer and are rather cheap on amazon!

05-20-2013, 09:18 AM   #20
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by msmoore Quote
wow that seems great! are you using the stock pentax batteries? I had heard the wasabi batteries last a bit longer and are rather cheap on amazon!
Thx. I've got a stock battery along with a Maximal Power battery and a Fuji battery. I didn't evaluate closely if one battery performed better than another.

Here's some more info about the shot - What Blog is This?: The Day in Which a Panasonic LX7 and Pentax Q Pretend That They are GoPros