Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-30-2012, 07:51 AM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Erich_H Quote
ElJamoquio
Focus peaking? Have a link? I'd love to have that.

Latest PENTAX Q Firmware Update : Software Downloads | PENTAX RICOH IMAGING

I installed it friday night - and it feels that I got a brand new camera (the one I thought I was buying)!
I can't say anything about focus peaking or auto focus speed, but the SR works with all my adapters and strange lenses I've tried.
The one drawback so far is the noticeably shorter battery time but everyone should have a charged spare with them anyway...
Thanks. Installed it.

10-30-2012, 08:49 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You know that you can get a k-adapter (or M42, or...) for about 30-35 US$ in China if you don't need the shutter or logo...?
Yes, but the shutter is a big deal if you intend to do video or use a flash. Plus it is seriously well made (like a Novoflex)!
11-08-2012, 08:36 AM   #18

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by panoguy Quote
Yes, but the shutter is a big deal if you intend to do video or use a flash. Plus it is seriously well made (like a Novoflex)!
I'd love a Novoflex 400 mm for my Q v. 1.10 , but personally I do not use flash if I can do without and I'm to limited in my mindset to have thought much about video so it's easy math for me!
thanks/Erik

Last edited by Erich_H; 11-09-2012 at 06:04 AM.
11-08-2012, 11:23 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
it's easy math for me!
Glad to help save you $200 USD and the pain of waiting (and waiting). I don't even have my Q yet, and I received a Canon FD - Q mount adapter already. I have an old AE-1 and some really nice, fast lenses for it, so the Q might not hit the diffraction limit with them.

Sadly, I'm almost positive I'll need to find some black velvet or matte paint to put inside the adapter (to reduce internal flare)! It may have been anodized black (or dark blue?), but it is still very shiny metal in the cone-like descent to Q lensmount, and the image circle from an FD lens is much bigger than the opening to the sensor...

The Pentax one, as expected, was a rough, pebbled black surface inside, and with a very matte finish. No light bouncing off that!

11-09-2012, 02:48 AM   #20

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by panoguy Quote
Sadly, I'm almost positive I'll need to find some black velvet or matte paint to put inside the adapter (to reduce internal flare)! It may have been anodized black (or dark blue?), but it is still very shiny metal in the cone-like descent to Q lensmount, and the image circle from an FD lens is much bigger than the opening to the sensor...

The Pentax one, as expected, was a rough, pebbled black surface inside, and with a very matte finish. No light bouncing off that!
Hadn't really thought of that...but you're right about the shininess of the cone material interior on my adapters for real lenses.
Matte black engine spraypaint from the auto store I think would do the trick.
But for me at the moment it's all about playing around with crazy Chinese C-mounts and stuff, so A) no cone and B) IQ???
thanks/Erik

Last edited by Erich_H; 11-09-2012 at 06:04 AM.