Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-17-2013, 11:55 AM   #61
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pearsaab Quote
stan and larry you guys are awesome!!!!!
Amy I added a how-to article here How to set up a Pentax Red Dot sight for the Q

01-17-2013, 09:35 PM   #62
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Fellow Q cultists, I've just ordered an 06 from Adorama, where they are back in stock again. Looking forward to giving it a spin.
02-03-2013, 04:53 PM   #63
Veteran Member

Been shooting for almost 40 years. Never enjoyed it as much as I do now with the Q. I think I am Qrazy.
02-07-2013, 07:44 AM   #64
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jva59 Quote
Fellow Q cultists, I've just ordered an 06 from Adorama, where they are back in stock again. Looking forward to giving it a spin.
Share your experience once you get it

02-07-2013, 09:35 AM   #65
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kivis Quote
Been shooting for almost 40 years. Never enjoyed it as much as I do now with the Q. I think I am Qrazy.

You've been infected. Drink lots of fluids and get plenty of rest - and shoot with the Q
02-07-2013, 01:09 PM   #66
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I'm enjoying it much more now with the 01 prime. I'm looking forward to actually getting out there with some adapted lenses though. I want to try street supertelephoto.

Charles.
02-27-2013, 03:20 AM   #67

Hi,

I thought it'd be better to just ask this here, rather than start a new thread. How do the Q and other new "mirror-less" cameras handle shutter lag?

One of the reasons I switched from P&S to DSLR years ago, was that the shutterlag of P&S cameras was unbearable to me. Press the shutter, then wait, sometimes wait some-more, then finally a confirmation tone. Usually the subjects had moved almost completely out the frame by the time the picture was actually recorded.

Are these new mirror-less cameras more SLR like as far as the shutter release?

TiA,

Joe

02-27-2013, 08:14 AM   #68
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Achromatter Quote
Hi,

I thought it'd be better to just ask this here, rather than start a new thread. How do the Q and other new "mirror-less" cameras handle shutter lag?

One of the reasons I switched from P&S to DSLR years ago, was that the shutterlag of P&S cameras was unbearable to me. Press the shutter, then wait, sometimes wait some-more, then finally a confirmation tone. Usually the subjects had moved almost completely out the frame by the time the picture was actually recorded.

Are these new mirror-less cameras more SLR like as far as the shutter release?

TiA,

Joe
Speaking for the Q there is a small bit of lag. It is manageable once you get accustomed to it.

I don't have experience with other mirrorless.
02-27-2013, 08:21 AM   #69
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
Speaking for the Q there is a small bit of lag. It is manageable once you get accustomed to it.
I'll also add that in my experience, the Q's lag is MUCH better than on the point & shoots I've used. The Q's electronic shutter is a fraction of a second vs. a second or more on the point & shoots. I also haven't noticed much or any shutter lag when using a lens with a leaf shutter. Maybe there is, but I haven't noticed it.
02-28-2013, 11:47 PM   #70

Thanks for the responses.

I'd presumed that maybe the operation of the latest mirror-less cameras was like a DSLR, just without an optical VF. I guess they're not.

So, would the lag on the Q, or the K-01 be similar to say, the lag when taking a shot from live-view with my Kx?
03-01-2013, 12:27 AM   #71
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Achromatter Quote
Thanks for the responses.

I'd presumed that maybe the operation of the latest mirror-less cameras was like a DSLR, just without an optical VF. I guess they're not.

So, would the lag on the Q, or the K-01 be similar to say, the lag when taking a shot from live-view with my Kx?
No the mirrorless are much faster. The kx drops the mirror then raises it again before shooting, which adds a lot of time.
03-01-2013, 02:58 AM   #72

Ah, OK thanks.

Well, with the Kx in LV, I think it takes a picture more quickly than most P&S's I've used. So if the new mirror-less jammies are as quick or quicker than that, then maybe I may need to look into them a bit more
11-14-2020, 03:53 PM   #73
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
The update or the lens?
Not sure.... Probably more on the software setting I think. The lens is what it is.

---------- Post added 11-14-20 at 02:55 PM ----------

I still got the fever after all these years. My camera sits in a box not used in years. One of my life's infatuations but I still want to make it work.

Fortunately I still have life to give it another chance or pass it on to another to romance.
11-15-2020, 11:22 AM   #74
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by SonDa5 Quote
I still got the fever after all these years. My camera sits in a box not used in years. One of my life's infatuations but I still want to make it work.

Fortunately I still have life to give it another chance or pass it on to another to romance.
I consider myself to be a "low volume shooter", but I do use each 'active' camera {Q-7, K-30, KP} every month - usually every week {except for the K-30}.
11-22-2020, 07:54 PM   #75
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've caught "Q fever" twice over the years, and wound up with three Q7's... but then eventually sold them off. Weird.